Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2011, 05:35   #16
BHPian

Re: Auto & Accessories Expo in Chennai

lesson learnt. Never ever go to a auto expo in Chennai. Total total waste of time and money. It makes sense to stand on mount road and see more cars than go to this sad place.
Old 23rd October 2011, 07:44   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Can you tell something more about the food pro. I got angry when they did not allow my grand children. If it is worth I will make it after Ford's course. Are they selling the kitchen appliances?
The food pro expo is meant for the restaurant and food processing business, we had gone in an official capacity hence it was very useful. There are no home appliance stalls, and they do not allow children below 18years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
lesson learnt. Never ever go to a auto expo in Chennai. Total total waste of time and money. It makes sense to stand on mount road and see more cars than go to this sad place.
I think we need to send a representative from T-Bhp first to scout the show. If its good, then the rest should go. This way everyone saves time, money and most importantly fuel.

Last edited by madan80 : 23rd October 2011 at 07:46. Reason: added quote
Old 23rd October 2011, 09:00   #18
BHPian

Had been to the Auto Expo at Chennai trade center - Absolute waste of time and money. Only interesting thing was the exhibition of Auto related ads in Hindu from 1910 to 1935.

Was disappointed that M&M was not there.

Tata (TAFE Reach dealer) was present in full strength. One thing I noticed was that quality of Tata vehicles have improved a lot - I sat in the Vista and it was much better put together than the 2009 model I used to drive.

Last edited by chennai-indian : 23rd October 2011 at 09:01.
Old 23rd October 2011, 19:43   #19
BHPian

I also visited the Auto show today (23rd Oct) along with my 10yr old son who is an avid car spotter.
  • My son enjoyed the show more than me.
  • Only benefit for me was checking out the feel, and interior space and quality of vehicles and making immediate comparisons.
  • Noticed that the public had a lot of interest in the Fluence and Koleos. Now if only they reduce the prices, then these are winners.
  • I feel the Fluence is much better in person than in pics.
  • Since I am planning a purchase in the first quarter of 2012, this was useful for initial comparison and shortlisting for TD. Disappointed that Jazz was missing and the sales person said bookings are stopped and will reopen in April'12.
  • People were checking out BMWs and it looked like a lot of goodwill was generated for that brand compared with Audi which had locked cars and disinterested salespersons.
  • Realized that I had to really search for the boot release in majority of cars.
  • This show is really for the second point I mentioned and not much more.

Most Viewed