Team-BHP - Toyota innova Vs chevy optra
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Toyota innova Vs chevy optra (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/7601-toyota-innova-vs-chevy-optra.html)

Hi guys,

I have been thinking of the difference between a minivan like innova and a car like optra. is there any specific functionality advantage that a car will have over a minivan? or it's only a snob value.

I think since both of them have long wheelbase and heavy body (compared to small cars), both shud provide good cushioning over the bumps on indian road.

any oher differences? need this comparison for somebody trying to make up his mind for a new purchase.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivekiny2k
Hi guys,

I have been thinking of the difference between a minivan like innova and a car like optra. is there any specific functionality advantage that a car will have over a minivan? or it's only a snob value.

I think since both of them have long wheelbase and heavy body (compared to small cars), both shud provide good cushioning over the bumps on indian road.

any oher differences? need this comparison for somebody trying to make up his mind for a new purchase.

Its actually un-snob value. Nothing really snobbish about the Optra - its the Innova's van-like looks that are so un-cool and un-snobbish.

A car will obviously go around corners better and stuff like that, but the minivan is more practical as it has more space that you can play around with.

However, the Optra doesnt come with a diesel option and the Innova's D4D is a great diesel engine.

I guess it ultimately depends on the buyer's application and inclination. The Innova makes a lot of sense but I personally dont want to be seen driving one.

Do you need to transport 6 or more people regularly? If yes, then the choice is clear. That's the only reason for which I would by an Innova.

thanks,

i guess the emphasis is on stuffing with cargo in case of occasional drives to his hometown and back, rather than the no. of people that it can seat.

I think i can explain this to him and the choice is all his.

thanks again.

Quote:

thanks,

i guess the emphasis is on stuffing with cargo in case of occasional drives to his hometown and back, rather than the no. of people that it can seat.

thanks again.

The Tavera would be a good, cost-efficient choice there. The loading bay of the Tavera is quite flexible and it can be configured to give you a full-flat load area if required. Its quite fuel efficient too, but the engine is not as smooth as the Qualis - leave alone the Innova.

As I have said in plenty of Innova threads before.......its nice n all but its not a car !
Like Steeroid, I agree that Innova makes a lot of sense and is pratical but I would never consider buying a van (or an SUV for that matter) when there are cars around

If you do outstation trips a lot that too with a big family, Innova is better but for a small family its overkill.....but you said cargo, then Innova is best choice....

also Tavera isn't that bad and its cheaper...I saw a Tavera with big alloys and it did look good to me (and normally I dislike MUV/SUV /minivans immensely !) :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abhay
also Tavera isn't that bad and its cheaper...I saw a Tavera with big alloys and it did look good to me (and normally I dislike MUV/SUV /minivans immensely !) :-)

Just want to know the performance and price range between Innova and Tavera ( Just for understanding and no intention to buy one or help anyone in purchasing)

Firstly Optra would be better to drive more powerful easy to manovere less lenght then the Innova, more stable, less ground clearance and height and that wonderful chassy so wonderful handling, ride maybe on par! Bu when it comes to carrying more people or more cargo then it has to be the Innova!

Quote:

Just want to know the performance and price range between Innova and Tavera ( Just for understanding and no intention to buy one or help anyone in purchasing)
Performance
0 - 100
Tavera 23secs
Innova D4D - 17secs
Innova VVTi - 12.23secs

Price - Innova base starts at Rs. 7 Lacs
Price - Tavera base starts at Rs. 6 Lacs, 5.8 to be precise

why not a scorpio crde???

well, i guess the dude still wants to be in car mode, at max he can stretch to a minivan, not an SUV.

of course it's a good option though.

Putting an LPG system (sequential injection ! not the ordinary ones) would make the Optra running cost cheaper than a small car ! With economy, space, great interiors and cool looks it would make a handsome buy ! If you compare an Innova with Optra compare the petrol versions, in that case Innova would be a box or just a MPV ! Nothing like zooming on a petrol-lpg smoothness of a car compared to a clatter of diesel !

i feel that ride comfort wise Innova is better than the Optra..
the drawback in innova is that loaded with cargo (2 suitcases) it can carry only 4+1 passengers comfortably..so if your thinking of travelling with some luggage you see yourself not gaining much interms of number of passengers in the innova...

Quote:

well, i guess the dude still wants to be in car mode, at max he can stretch to a minivan, not an SUV.

of course it's a good option though.

ask him to take a good look at the ford fusion and the chevrolet forester. Even the wagonR. I flipped the rear seats over and had 6 dining chars inside :D when I needed to take them for polishing.

or else he can go for an estate like fiat adventure sport

I would never be caught dead in a qualis/innova or the tavera. :Shockked:

Quote:

Do you need to transport 6 or more people regularly? If yes, then the choice is clear. That's the only reason for which I would by an Innova.
True, space and utility should be your priority if you're thinking of the Innova.

We bought the G3 Petrol last weekend. It's pretty amazing how much space it has inside (considering that it's only around 20 cms longer than the Vtec.)

The petrol version has amazing acceleration for a van of it's size/weight.

Yes it does wobble a bit on bad broken roads but, not as much as the Scorpio and Dicor i recently tested on the same stretch.

A slightly stiffer suspenssion means that it'll take corners faster than you think it does. (Can't wait to take it on a long dist drive).

It definately wont be as fun to drive as the Optra but, if you're looking for space, and comfort, the Innova makes a lot more sense.

Shan2nu

Quote:

thanks,

thanks again.

Then quite clearly, the Tavera/Innova kind of cars would be more logical rather than a 'car'.