Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2010, 13:06   #31
BHPian

Saw this test vehicle on Hosur road on Saturday.

Attached Thumbnails
Scoop PICS : Maini Reva NXR caught testing in Bangalore!-170720101.jpg  

Old 17th August 2010, 17:19   #32
BHPian

Caught the new reva on the bangalore elevated highway, managed the following pics. The car looked like it was the top spec. It had rear wipers, alloys.
Scoop PICS : Maini Reva NXR caught testing in Bangalore!-17082010172.jpg
Scoop PICS : Maini Reva NXR caught testing in Bangalore!-vlcsnap2010081717h00m03s67.png
Scoop PICS : Maini Reva NXR caught testing in Bangalore!-vlcsnap2010081717h01m32s200.png
Scoop PICS : Maini Reva NXR caught testing in Bangalore!-vlcsnap2010081717h00m27s71.png

A Blurry picture of the front. Have a look at the wipers
Scoop PICS : Maini Reva NXR caught testing in Bangalore!-17082010173.jpg

The car looked cool for an EV and was doing decent speeds in the toll way
Old 17th August 2010, 18:42   #33
BHPian

Is it just me, or is the New Reva a bit of an eyesore?
Old 17th August 2010, 20:10   #34
Senior - BHPian

IMO looks better than the original reva.I like that kink in the waistline leading to the C-pillar.A nice aggressive design,also never knew it has the civic type wipers.
Old 9th September 2010, 23:57   #35
BHPian

Note from Mod : SMS / Slang language is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Read our rules.

hey, i saw a reva nxr today at koramangala bda complex. it again had a tc regn board . car was grape coloured, alloys wid reva badge, looked like it cud seat 4 adults comfortably. its orvm looked like those of esteem, but smaller size. the instrument panel was fully digital like the one shown in the video posted here, looked better actually. 2din music system i guess, looked colourful. there was a guy on the left side wid a lappy and looking at some graphs. sorry i couldnt take any snaps as i was on my bike and it was drizzling . the pick up of the car was pretty good, neck to neck with the pulsar ripping from standstill, was almost the same speed of pulsar upto almost 60kmph, then i got ahead and sped off ...

Last edited by GTO : 22nd September 2010 at 11:45. Reason: Note from Mod : SMS / Slang language is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Read our rules.
hotkar is offline   Received Infraction
Old 10th September 2010, 14:42   #36
BHPian

I saw one in yellow couple of weeks back when i was driving towards Attibele to TVS. Looks really good.
Old 21st September 2010, 12:45   #37
BHPian

Reva NXG spotted in Bangalore.

Spotted the Reva NXG on the Silk Board-BTM road this morning around 11:15 AM. It was similar to the one shown in the pic above, but yellow coloured. Though it was 2-door, it looked much bigger than the current Reva they have. It zipped through noiselessly and pretty quickly overtaking bigger vehicles. Looks like it had an expert driver at the wheel.

Looks good and promising in flesh. Lets see if it will be launched with the Mahindra tag.
Old 22nd September 2010, 11:47   #38
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
Looks good and promising in flesh. Lets see if it will be launched with the Mahindra tag.
The brand Reva is now synonymous with electric vehicles. Mahindra would be foolish to entirely do away with it; rather, I think they'll brand the cars as Mahindra-Reva (just like the Mahindra-Renault Logan)
Old 22nd September 2010, 12:06   #39
BHPian

Its to Reva's credit that they've survived this long. In my opinion the Reva is more of a marvel than the Nano, & to think they started all this way back in the mid-90s - in India !

The government should do away with duties, excise, VAT, registration fees, road tax & other buck-sapping what-nots on electric vehicles so that the technology becomes cheap enough to be mainstream. After all, the definition of the 'small-car' & the attendant tax cuts have resulted in a slew of sub-4-meter hatches with 1.2 engines - its hard to see why something similar shouldn't lead to a higher percentage of electric vehicles on our roads.

Last edited by im_srini : 22nd September 2010 at 12:13.
Old 22nd September 2010, 12:09   #40
Senior - BHPian

My friend working for Maini said that Mahindra want to launch 4 door version instead of 2 and they are working on it.
Old 22nd September 2010, 12:29   #41
BHPian

The current version of Reva is due for a makeover for a long time now, we have been hearing a lot of stuff about the new NXG for over 2 years now. High time something came out of the Mahindra-Reva stables, other brands like Chevy, Ford are soon going to catch up. Back in the late 90's when the first generation was launched they had surprise and technology by their side, the world is catching up fast at least in the Indian sub-continent.
Old 22nd September 2010, 12:39   #42
BHPian

Slightly

The Reva and Reva Electric Car Company (RECC) are the most underrated automobile and automotive companies. As rightly, pointed out they started way back in the '90s just after the whole GM EV1 fiasco. RECC has been perservering since then and now launching the next gen Reva, when the next global wave of EVs has hit the market, namely the launch announcement of the Nissan Leaf and the Chevy Volt.

The Government of India, could have made RECC its poster-child for EV/green technology and attracted much FDI, in fact we had the potential of an early headstart in the EV game and could have beat China to it. Too bad, our government is not even aware of all the missed opportunities.
Old 22nd September 2010, 20:19   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Its to Reva's credit that they've survived this long. In my opinion the Reva is more of a marvel than the Nano, & to think they started all this way back in the mid-90s - in India !

The government should do away with duties, excise, VAT, registration fees, road tax & other buck-sapping what-nots on electric vehicles so that the technology becomes cheap enough to be mainstream. After all, the definition of the 'small-car' & the attendant tax cuts have resulted in a slew of sub-4-meter hatches with 1.2 engines - its hard to see why something similar shouldn't lead to a higher percentage of electric vehicles on our roads.
+1 to what you have said here. If the government have encouraged them from 90's our roads would have looked very different now. Atleast now they should wake up to the opportunity. We still have a great potential in this field.
Old 27th September 2010, 20:47   #44
Senior - BHPian

I think electric cars could be termed as 'green' in India only if the electricity is not generated through fossil fuels. I am not sure if we still have coal fired electricity plants...
Terminology apart, it does look interesting and is worth consideration as against the earlier version which was truly a badly structured eyesore
There seem to be many added features, but the most appealing seems to be this one:

See IT

In a squeeze, a phone call puts more juice in your batteries.
Presenting Remote Emergency charge - REVA's unique solution to range anxiety.

If you ever were to run low or out of charge,simply call or text our call center and the advanced telematics feature will remotely activate a reserve, that'll let you continue on your way

The range is advertised as 160 km, and even if it runs to half of that, it may cover many of the daily runs

It apparently has a qucik charge option that allows to charge for upto 40km range within 15 minutes. Now only if there were enough charging points around town...
if I do end up buying this one, I will have to consider throwing an extension cable out of my fourth floor apartment

I do agree with one of the earlier posts, this is such a better option than the Nano. I do suspect the pricing would be a tad high, and may prove to be the proverbial spanner in the works...
anything upto 3.5L on road seems to be a good deal, especially with all the fuel savings on an ongoing basis

Last edited by .anshuman : 30th September 2010 at 11:21. Reason: Removed tags
Old 30th September 2010, 03:36   #45
BHPian

Saw yellow one of the this baby today(still night) @ 12 Pm on Hosur road. I was doing around 90 in my HH Hunk. This car passed me in a breeze. Must be doing around 120+

One strange thing that I heard from the engine sound of the car. Whenever it was accelerating I was clearly able to hear a sound like that we find in a turbo vehicle. Sounds pretty cool. This car was zip zapping changing lanes and overtaking others. The car was doing all at 90+ speeds. Nice car I should say.

Looked like an official test drone with a red plate. Also one of the fog lamps were not working in this one. :P

Last edited by VictorSinha : 30th September 2010 at 03:37.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks