Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2010, 12:32   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
If you notice closely,there is a marked difference in styling,that too in the sheet metal, on the test car from the green show car.The production version might end up looking really sober.Sad.

Bigger headlamps,the dip in the rear window seem to be missing on the prototype.Also the lines on the bonnet are different.
I dont know, I dont mind the brown one much whereas I really hate the green one's overdone looks. For eg: The dip in the rear window, that plasticky boot with elements that dont seem to fit together, really large grille (on an electric car)...list goes on. Wonder how I used to think in my childhood that DC designs good cars :|
Old 3rd November 2010, 19:10   #47
BHPian

I have to say that even though I am not a fan of the styling and proportions, I think it looks much better than the original Reva. I only hope that unlike the original one, it actually uses good quality materials which are not sourced from R/C cars!!
Old 5th December 2010, 12:10   #48
BHPian

I've been told that there is a subsidy of almost one lakh being given to electric cars, and my dad was interested in purchasing the reva due to business benefits. I just wanted to know when the NXR would be releasing in India because if at all he does go through with the purchase, I would definitely want to buy the newer model if the release isn't too far away
Old 6th December 2010, 02:00   #49
Senior - BHPian

I dont like this design though. Prefer the Tesla.

My profs comment " You call yourself Green by driving an electric car, but the electricity used is being produced by dirty fossil fuels and coal "
Old 6th December 2010, 02:17   #50
Senior - BHPian

On one of the other Reva threads someone has mentioned the expected cost above 7L. Also the website now shows the timeline as 2012 as against the initial 2011 Q1 timeline. It looks like there has been some delay...

Last edited by selfdrive : 6th December 2010 at 02:18. Reason: Typos corrected
Old 6th December 2010, 06:32   #51
Senior - BHPian

From the rear the new Reva looks like a mini Xylo. The toy car look has now gone and has a mature all around feel.
Old 6th January 2011, 14:10   #52
BHPian

Re: Scoop PICS : Maini Reva NXR caught testing in Bangalore!

Saw NXR on Hosur Road/Ecity this morning. From a distance it looked fairly sized. It was keeping with the traffic flow pretty effortlessly, compared to the previous gen Reva. You can see, it is on the right lane (most of Bangalore is on the right lane anyways).
Scoop PICS : Maini Reva NXR caught testing in Bangalore!-img01009201101060900.jpg

When you come closer, you could tell the interior space is still at a high premium. And it could be quite challenging (and lack of scenery) for the children seated low in the rear seats.
Scoop PICS : Maini Reva NXR caught testing in Bangalore!-img01012201101060900.jpg

I know there are better looking versions already in this thread, but in this version the panel gaps seemed large.
Scoop PICS : Maini Reva NXR caught testing in Bangalore!-img01011201101060900.jpg

But I liked the REVA panel at the back. But in Indian heat and road grime, it may become an eyesore over a short period.
Scoop PICS : Maini Reva NXR caught testing in Bangalore!-img01010201101060900.jpg

BH.
Old 6th January 2011, 14:22   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHeart View Post
Saw NXR on Hosur Road/Ecity this morning. From a distance it looked fairly sized.
BH.
Its just plain ugly, the glasshouse is alarmingly small, the chassis looks overloaded with respect to the body size and the whole car looks "Chinese."

Last edited by sidindica : 6th January 2011 at 14:24.
Old 18th January 2011, 13:27   #54
Senior - BHPian

i soooo wished the car looked a lil better than what it is. With good reliability and service back-up established, This is the car which will be considered by several prospective car buyers in the years to come considering the sky-rocketing fuel prices.
I do see these few current gen revas driving around often with their happy owners sitting inside with a driver next to em, indifferent to the fuel prices.
Old 18th January 2011, 13:43   #55
BHPian

The large real metal panel above the rear wheel arch looks too big and boring. Even tall passengers would be getting that claustrophobic feeling.

Are the front and rear tyres of a different size?

Did you note the pannel gaps:
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop PICS : Maini Reva NXR caught testing in Bangalore!-reva.jpg  

Old 18th January 2011, 14:35   #56
BHPian

They could have saved up a bit of metal and made the glasshouse a lot larger giving an airy feel.
The waistline is horribly tall and the side profile looks hideous.

I sat in the back seat of old Reva and felt clautrophobic. I would certainly not like to get into this one where the windows are almost nil for the front passengers too!
Old 18th January 2011, 15:29   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_m View Post
They could have saved up a bit of metal and made the glasshouse a lot larger giving an airy feel.
The waistline is horribly tall and the side profile looks hideous.
Is it going to be metal or plastic(fiber)?
The treatment on the rear-side glass is what you normally see on the buses in the front (side) and it can suddenly give you an impression that a vehicle is being towed
Another treatment which looks weird is the intentional mismatching of the rear windscreen/panel where it meets the metal part. It is as if the part from some other vehicle has been fixed.
This is what typically happens if the designer goes overboard to make things look different.
Could have been lot better.
Old 18th January 2011, 16:05   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Is it going to be metal or plastic(fiber)?
The treatment on the rear-side glass is what you normally see on the buses in the front (side) and it can suddenly give you an impression that a vehicle is being towed
Another treatment which looks weird is the intentional mismatching of the rear windscreen/panel where it meets the metal part. It is as if the part from some other vehicle has been fixed.
This is what typically happens if the designer goes overboard to make things look different.
Could have been lot better.
Oh sorry I typed in Metal. It should be fiber. Putting so much metal sheet will certainly raise the car weight too much, and the energy will go in lugging the extra mass rather than transporting people.

Have to agree that the design certainly went a bit overboard.
Old 21st February 2011, 10:46   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Spy Shots - Reva

Spotted this new Reva near Hosur doing atleast 100 km/hr
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop PICS : Maini Reva NXR caught testing in Bangalore!-img00245201102201039.jpg  

Scoop PICS : Maini Reva NXR caught testing in Bangalore!-img00244201102201039.jpg  

Old 21st February 2011, 11:50   #60
BHPian

Re: Spy Shots - Reva

Looks like you missed front shot. i think it's Reva NXR. 100km speed. interesting. Thanks for sharing.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed