Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2010, 21:36   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow! Sid does it again

ACC on the Titanium would have been cool.
Old 23rd February 2010, 21:45   #17
Senior - BHPian

Awesome pricing. Looks like the Figo and the Polo are going to heat up the competition in the Premium Hatch segment
Old 23rd February 2010, 22:11   #18
Senior - BHPian

two thumbs up for the price range.
and sid strikes again!
Old 23rd February 2010, 22:16   #19
BHPian

The official launch is in the first week of March. They are associating with an PL team for the same hence trying to finalize the dates still.
Old 23rd February 2010, 22:29   #20
Senior - BHPian

The EXi has too less equipment for a 3.5L car. All you're getting is space and a decent engine. Although this should help Ford achieving extremely good sales in Tier II and III cities where most people are only concerned about the F.E, space and engine. And the Zxi is priced in Ritz/Beat/i10 category which are far more equipped and offer better VFM.
Old 23rd February 2010, 23:39   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I can tell you one thing : If the Figo diesel is priced well, it will go on to become one of the best buys in the segment. ....
Apart from pricing the Figo well, which it must anyway do to survive in India, Ford must do whatever it takes to dispel the aam-aadmi's notion that buying a ford is akin to owning a white elephant. They must wage a ad-war comparing A.S.S / spare cost w.r.t its closest competitors in the hatchback segment. Till such time the general public realises that buying a ford is not similar to putting ones head in lion's mouth, all the brilliance in Figo's engine, etc will not help it gain any respectable market share whatsover - Figo will end up being yet another Fiesta.

We must note Figo is up against well-established brands that far far ahead as far as affordable A.S.S and spares are concerned.

And changing established mindset is not easy.

In VW Polo's case, most of us can accept a higher A.S.S / spare cost, taking refuge in the fact that this is after all a true-blue German Car and a European Car of the Year 2009 to boot.

Last edited by WindRide : 23rd February 2010 at 23:41.
Old 24th February 2010, 01:37   #22
BHPian

As far as the specs for the variants go , it seems to be a very practical and well thought out packaging. Now it all depends on the pricing. BTW nice scoop by SID.
Provided the price is right,
even the base LXI seems good with
  • Body coloured bumpers
  • AC
  • Power steering
  • Remote fuel lid opening
  • Dual tone horn and
  • Seatbelts for all
All the essentials are there for a comfortable ride!

EXI adds
  • Front power windows
  • Remote Boot release
  • Mp3/CD player with speakers
  • Central locking
  • Keyless entry
  • Immobiliser
This will surely be the most popular varient.

Zxi adds mostly cosmetic embellishments except for
  • Driver seat height adjust(should have been there in EXI too)
  • Electrically adjustable ORVM (Probably means the EXI will have manual internally adjustable ORVM)
  • Blue tooth
  • Tachometer
Titanium adds
  • ABS with EBD
  • Airbags
So far so good . Now to wait for the prices
Old 24th February 2010, 11:36   #23
BHPian

Immobiliser and Remote Boot release should have been included in the LXI as per my opinion. Anyway eagerly waiting for the real prices.
Old 24th February 2010, 11:47   #24
BHPian

I believe the ABS should be optional for each and every model not just in Titanium.
Old 24th February 2010, 12:00   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
I believe the ABS should be optional for each and every model not just in Titanium.
Ditto here. Airbags too should be an optional feature for all the models.
Not just for Figo, not just for Ford but for all cars, all models.
Damn Utopia thoughts!
Old 24th February 2010, 12:17   #26
BHPian

Since Scoop sid and I am happy that you are back on track with more scoop!

I think they are also targeting the Indicab taxi segment with the LXi variant.
EXI,ZXI and Titanium for the urban and other cities.I feel they might price the base version even from 3.25 lakhs since the equipment level is less and have 80% localization.
Old 24th February 2010, 12:18   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon009 View Post
Immobiliser and Remote Boot release should have been included in the LXI as per my opinion. Anyway eagerly waiting for the real prices.
Remote boot release if you ask me is rarely used . 90% of the time when you want to put something in the boot you are physically at the boot, so it doesn't make much difference. And it is a safety risk in some cars that auto open the boot when you switch off or open the door. I personally prefer opening the boot with the key when i need it. As far as immobiliser goes , it is usually a package with central locking and Keyless entry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
Well if the INDIAN GOV which shoots off its mouth about safe driving and number of accidents on the road because of negligent and rash driving, is not concerned enough to bring in a law which mandates atleast airbags as standard equipment, then why expect the profit driven AUTO companies to bother. Ultimately it is the common person who loses.

Last edited by -NUT-case : 24th February 2010 at 12:20.
Old 24th February 2010, 12:35   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
Remote boot release if you ask me is rarely used ......
Ask any IT chap in Bangalore, and he is bound to have a different opinion.
In my case, as soon as we reach our office complex, security personnel carry out a thorough check of all cars, including the boot and underbody.
In such cases, remote boot release helps where the driver can open the boot for security guards without getting out of the vehicle.
Old 24th February 2010, 13:08   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Remote boot release if you ask me is rarely used.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Ask any IT chap in Bangalore, and he is bound to have a different opinion.
In my case, as soon as we reach our office complex, security personnel carry out a thorough check of all cars, including the boot and underbody.
In such cases, remote boot release helps where the driver can open the boot for security guards without getting out of the vehicle.
Not just IT companies, nowadays you cannot get into many public places such as malls, hospitals, theaters etc without being asked to open the boot for a check by the security chaps. In such cases the remote boot opener is a boon.

Quote:
Well if the INDIAN GOV which shoots off its mouth about safe driving and number of accidents on the road because of negligent and rash driving, is not concerned enough to bring in a law which mandates atleast airbags as standard equipment, then why expect the profit driven AUTO companies to bother. Ultimately it is the common person who loses.

but

Exactly! The govt should make these safety features mandatory on all cars. That way people would not have the option of skimping on these to save a few thousands.
Also, put in place safety ratings of cars released in India and not allow manufacturers to claim Euro NCAP ratings if the car models sold here are different from the ones being exported.
Old 24th February 2010, 13:28   #30
BHPian

Remote Boot Release is like a necessity now. Before in my old car i really missed the remote boot release. Once it so happened that a guard while trying to open the boot almost broke my key.

Most Viewed