Team-BHP - Accent CRDi Vs Ikon 1.8 (Diesel)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Accent CRDi Vs Ikon 1.8 (Diesel) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/7613-accent-crdi-vs-ikon-1-8-diesel.html)

Hi,

I want to buy a car for my dad. I have 2 cars in min 1 is Accent crdi and other ikon 1.8. Both are good as i have driven them both. Unfortunately my dad and all my frnds and relatives believe in petrol cars so none of them have a diesel car. So i m confused with these 2 cars.

I just want answers to soem questions below. Please give genuine answers and this is a gift for dad and a diesel car (which dad never likes.). But he likes accent crdi when i took him to a test drive.

Here are the questions?

1. Fuel efficiency of both cars in city
2. Fuel efficiency of both cars on highway
3. Pickup
4. Which got better suspension and braking
5. Which car got pleasure in rear.
6. How about vibrations.
7. Car control on highway (On high speeds)
8. Overall better car

Hope i get genuine answers .

Thank you.

I'l answer with regards to the crdi as i own one.

1. 12-14kmpl (city)
2. 18-20kmpl (highway)
3. Accent CRDi definately has the better pick up.
4. Ikon wins in the suspension department...but i feel brakes are better on the CRDi.
5. Pleasure in the rear? hehe...If you mean rear seat comfort then its again the ikon.
6. Vibrations....dont really know about the ikon, but the CRDi does vibrate on start up and shutdown...
7. Ikon has better control at higher speed.
8. Overall better car...definately the CRDi...

Maybe a bit biased on the last answer :p, but i think others will agree.

Drifter

Ohh Puhleez! Its a no brainer!

Firstly the Ikon 1.8 has stopped selling in 11 Metros as it does not meet Euro III norms!

1. Fuel efficiency of both cars in city - CRDI will give more!
2. Fuel efficiency of both cars on highway - CRDI will again give more
3. Pickup - CRDI faster easily and has capabilities to smoke petrol cars!
4. Which got better suspension and braking- CRDI again, Ikon has the worst brakes of the lot!
5. Which car got pleasure in rear - I guess its the Ikon as its rear seats are comfy!
6. How about vibrations- Ikon vobrates more!
7. Car control on highway (On high speeds)- The CRDi again!
8. Overall better car- Accent CRDi! Its a wonderful car! Ask Drifter he will tell you! Wheras Ikon 1.8 is not refined and very slow!

CLose your eyes and buy your dad the CRDi Accent, nothing below 10L comes close to what that car is in diesels!

Since your dad is used to petrol cars, he will find it easier to adjust to the CRDi because of its un-diesel like behaviour. Like busa already mentioned ... the ikon 1.8 cannot be sold in the metros anymore due to euro3 norms.

Drifter

Its got to be the Accent CRDi. Though I'm not very fond of Hyundais, this is really a good car. I dont think I have to say more especially after Drifter's reply.

A good highway cruiser
Great FE ( can say so from our Goa trip)
Good after sales service

I just love the torque on this car. Apart from that it bought six of us home from Goa in decent comfort when there was an emergency.

The Accent CRDi is is

Dippy

Dippy hehe decent comfort? Well you didnt get to spend that much time in the backseat as much as the others did...hehehe maybe they will have a different opinion.

Drifter

hey u dont even need to think twice about it...CRDi is farrrrrrrr better than an ikon diesel(or any ikon i would say !!)

this i say cause even i own a crdi and all i can say u wont regret 1 day after buying this BITCH !!!! u need to check out the torque it delivers, AWESOME for a car at 7-8 L range....

but here`s the catch...since the flooding happened in bombay..thts 26th july till this date....i havent seen my car !!! its with the hyundai workshop ppl.... its ECM has blown out..it is supposedly outa stock all over india... apart from that the hyundai regualar service is without any doubt one of the best around after maruti...

so my advice would be grab a crdi today !!!!

cheers !!

PS: it feels heavenly when u can overtake a honda wtih ease an still have room for more revs !!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by drifter
Dippy hehe decent comfort? Well you didnt get to spend that much time in the backseat as much as the others did...hehehe maybe they will have a different opinion.

Drifter

It still brought us back in one piece didnt it? 6 guys , luggage and the air con

Dippy

That it did my friend...that it did. And you say you dont like hyundais. :p

Drifter

oh kool... I have driven both cars i like accent more. but back is really a pain in az. Though i drive a alto 1.1 and alto lxi and zen vxi and i feel accent pick up is better that alto vxi where az ikon lacks. but the doubts i had in mind were about the average coz dads drive like 100 km daily. So i think i will go for a accent crdi if it got a average of 15 - 16 km. as i just came to know its service is after 10k kms like petrol cars where others are 5k.

Though just got a news that dad is willing to buy a bigger diesel car like skoda. Though i like elentra better than skoda.

Thanks a lot.

Another thread for discussion is on its way. Regarding elentra crdi and skoda tdi. I have driven elentra just 2 days ago and it is fully featured car with so many features where as skoda i dont know. but skoda is suggested by my dads frnd who recently bought it. So need to take a round trip of skoda too.

Well the elantra crdi is a good buy...but if you can afford a skoda octavia 1.9 then its no point in looking at the hyundai. However the maintenence costs on the octy will be more than that of the elantra. Octy doesnt have the best backseat in the business.

Drifter

between accent crdi and ikon d, i would suggest accent, wheras between skoda and elantra: skoda is built like a tank and enthuisastic car riders will love this car, but the spares and maintainance prices are sky high and there also exicts a problem of ground clerance(similar to zen) and coming to elantra, it has good features , excellent engine with good performance but delicate exterior and also looks do not appeal like the skoda, so take ur pick.

Accent CRDI vs Ikon 1.8 -> Go for the Accent
Elantra vs Skoda -> Go for the Skoda

I'd go against the grain and recommend the Elantra CRDi over the Skoda too. The Elantra CRDi is a lakh cheaper on the road, has a more powerful engine, has more space and more options and features than the Ambiente which is a very basic model.

While in the process of buying my Safari, I also checked out diesel cars in the same range and I thought the Skoda was overpriced at 12 lakhs on the road for no features and very little space. It is a great car, but it is overpriced.