Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2010, 23:57   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. With this price band there DEFINETLY is space for a 1.6S. But when?
Old 26th February 2010, 00:01   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Are we sure that 1.4 version is for diesel or Ford has plans to sell Figo with 1.4 petrol as well?
Yes its the diesel. I hope you havent been living under a rock, the two engine options have been known for quite some time actually. The petrol has to be <1200 cc to get excise benefits, for diesel it has to be <1500 cc. Ford will launch a 1.6 petrol eventually but we have no idea when that could be

Last edited by radiokidb : 26th February 2010 at 00:03.
Old 26th February 2010, 00:14   #18
BHPian

If prices are to be believed then its one hell of a pricing. While Diesel Figo is a great package, Petrol Figo is also a good and formidable package. For someone looking at a decently powered, spacious, well built Petrol hatchback, Figo 1.2 is a good alternative to Beat, i10, Ritz and Swift. I know interms of engine performance Ritz and Swift have an edge, but as a overall package Figo does compete very well with its excellent pricing.

Figo 1.4D is definitely a better overall package than Swift and we have GTO concurring to the same. People who take TDs might also feel the difference. Figo 1.4D will instantly floor one in the short TDs that one usually gets to do in the cities. I wish Figo 1.4D goes on to dethrone Swift Ds supremacy in hatchback segment.
Old 26th February 2010, 00:16   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome pricing for such a nice allrounder. Those who compare it to the Beat should know this car belongs to a segment above and has dynamics of cars that sell at a price more than twice.

I have always been a fan of how Ford tunes its cars. The advantage is this car is base on the proven Fiesta platform and shares all the bits and pieces from the shared platform. The high level of localisation has made this the ultimate VFM car in B segment.

Last edited by .anshuman : 26th February 2010 at 00:18.
Old 26th February 2010, 00:22   #20
BHPian

If this is true then fantabulous will be an understatement.
Old 26th February 2010, 00:24   #21
BHPian

Wow !
This turns the game on its head.
The Figo EXI diesel at around 5.3 lakhs INR OTR massively undercuts not just the Swift but also the yet to be launched Polo D or the Punto !
And the Figo has a great suspension & handling package too...
If as GTO says, the Figo at this price is better than the Swift D, and if Ford continue with their awesome service & parts improvement drive then the Figo might very well be the silent assasin who has sneaked in amidst the high decibel launches of the Beat & The Polo to take the real crown
Old 26th February 2010, 00:48   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
I got some intelligence from a top man at ford. TOP SECRET!

Model Pricing (Ex-showroom delhi)

1.2 LXI : 3.6 lakhs
1.2 EXI : 3.85 lakhs
1.2 SXI : 4.20 lakhs
1.2 Titanium : 4.50 lakhs

1.4 LXI : 4.50 lakhs
1.4 EXI : 4.75 lakhs
1.4 SXI : 5.15 lakhs
1.4 Titanium : 5.45 lakhs

All Hail the new "King of Pricing"
Is there a SXI trim for Figo? The brochure refers to ZXI instead.
And how can Ford give ABS (with EBD) and dual Airbags for just 30k??
Old 26th February 2010, 00:50   #23
Senior - BHPian

If these prices are correct its going to be a bargain, would surely command a good waiting period(hopefully) once on sale.
Old 26th February 2010, 01:43   #24
BHPian

Excellent pricing! If these prices are accurate, Ford-D is a sure-shot hit. No doubt about it. However getting a ABS with EBD and dual Airbags for just 30,000 more sounds too good to be true

Are we staring at a price cut for Maruti Suzuki Swift? They could do that to retain their supremacy in the premium hatch segment. That leadership and hence Swift sales are very important for Maruti. If this segment lead is taken away from Maruti by Figo, Polo, Beat combined and then Nano + Chevy Spark (800 cc?) manage to take away the entry level hatch/Alto after full fledge Nano production starts - suddenly Maruti citadel seems all the more vurnerable! That would leave the field wide open and would be great for customers, more options, better options.
Old 26th February 2010, 02:06   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford seems to be doing everything right from their side, but I really want to see how the dealers turn this into a profit.
I can very easily see Maruti dealers convincing Ford dealers on the following:
- Saar, this car has more power than Figo
- Saar, this is a Maruti, cheaper to maintain than Ford. Ford is very expensive to maintain.
Really want to see how Ford salesmen will be able to compete with Maruti salesmen.
Old 26th February 2010, 02:47   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunilM View Post
Are we staring at a price cut for Maruti Suzuki Swift? They could do that to retain their supremacy in the premium hatch segment. That leadership and hence Swift sales are very important for Maruti. If this segment lead is taken away from Maruti by Figo, Polo, Beat combined and then Nano + Chevy Spark (800 cc?) manage to take away the entry level hatch/Alto after full fledge Nano production starts - suddenly Maruti citadel seems all the more vurnerable! That would leave the field wide open and would be great for customers, more options, better options.
If price cut of Maruti Swift happens, I would feel a little pinch having recently bought one. However, considering my own thinking process, while shelling out money most people will still go for Maruti in the initial few months - hence they have enough time to come up with strategies to compete with Ford, GM etc.

But Ford needs to be praised for trying to win customers by being competitive on pricing front and as well providing good packages with all safety features on higher models.
Old 26th February 2010, 02:49   #27
Senior - BHPian

O well!! They have a Diesel missile aimed out there at all hatches for sure!

Nah, I dont think the petrol Marutis need to worry, for mileage is the key fulcrum for selling a petrol car in India, and I dount if any car out there can beat the K-Series advantage. Bu the proven 1.4 TDCi at this price is sure a killer!

Now to look at what Ford is going to do with the iKon and the Fiesta TDCi...
Old 26th February 2010, 03:06   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
O well!! They have a Diesel missile aimed out there at all hatches for sure!

Nah, I dont think the petrol Marutis need to worry, for mileage is the key fulcrum for selling a petrol car in India, and I dount if any car out there can beat the K-Series advantage. Bu the proven 1.4 TDCi at this price is sure a killer!

Now to look at what Ford is going to do with the iKon and the Fiesta TDCi...
Agreed. The petrol Marutis need not worry about Ford, but they do have a serious competition from VW Polo, both in terms of handling and mileage. Polo's Diesel sucks according to initial reviews!
Old 26th February 2010, 03:13   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Ford seems to be doing everything right from their side, but I really want to see how the dealers turn this into a profit.
I can very easily see Maruti dealers convincing Ford dealers on the following:
- Saar, this car has more power than Figo
- Saar, this is a Maruti, cheaper to maintain than Ford. Ford is very expensive to maintain.
Really want to see how Ford salesmen will be able to compete with Maruti salesmen.
Well I Ford guys can easily say saar their cars rattle like anything and their build quality not good. If you want just a good engine and not a complete car then go maruti.
Of what I know no one goes to a showroom to be convinced my those salesman who don't even have good knowledge of the cars they sell.
Old 26th February 2010, 03:20   #30
BANNED

Any info on availability of Auto Trans on any of these model variants?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks