Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2010, 11:19   #46
Senior - BHPian

very impressive priceing, if the leaked prices are true. I am sure Ford will be able to entice many first time car buyers with the package.
30 K difference between 1.4 SXI and 1.4 Titanium - that is killer VFM
Old 26th February 2010, 11:27   #47
Senior - BHPian

Sweet pricing - Looks like the difference between the Polo & Figo top end Diesel is quite a lot !!

Ford is intelligent to go ahead and launch the Diesel alongwith the petrol unlike the Polo which I have heard that Petrol launching first and then later on the Diesel comes.

5.45 Lakhs for the top end Titanium Diesel is VFM !

Last edited by vkochar : 26th February 2010 at 11:29.
Old 26th February 2010, 11:28   #48
BHPian

If the official price is said range one Titanium for me..!!!
Old 26th February 2010, 13:05   #49
BHPian

5.45 Lakhs for titanium variant is definetly a steal for 1.4 Duratorque engine!!
Should I wait for the comparison of VW Polo 1.2 CRDI? As looks wise I like Polo not the Figo, but as an overall package I think Figo is the one for me!!
Old 26th February 2010, 13:17   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959 View Post
5.45 Lakhs for titanium variant is definetly a steal for 1.4 Duratorque engine!!
Should I wait for the comparison of VW Polo 1.2 CRDI? As looks wise I like Polo not the Figo, but as an overall package I think Figo is the one for me!!
Polo is a premium hatch back.. if you can afford a polo.. you should wait.!

the performance of the Figo will never match up to the polo..!
Old 26th February 2010, 13:25   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
If the prices mentioned above are correct then Ford has an out and out winner. Figo spearheading the onslaught against the reigning champion Swift! Figo, together with launch of a diesel Beat and Polo would drive the final nails in the coffin of phenomenon called waitlist for Swift. Probably, then we will see electric ORVMs on Swift.
Sigh!! If wishes were horses ! Mate let me tell you one thing. Team-Bhp may have 60-70000 odd members but the majority 10-20 crore Mango people in our country who are looking to buy a new car ( I'm just assuming the figure) dont give a damn about the road handlings and dynamics of a car. They are more worried about the brand name and market value of the car.
I agree with you that Figo is an excellent proposition for a person looking to buy a small diesel hatchback but Ford has to create a buzz of some sorts highlighting its lower service costs and pocket friendliness rather than the car itself. This is the last oppurtunity for Ford to do something GM is doing in India i.e recreate brand awareness and market its new line of products through proactive dealerships.
Old 26th February 2010, 13:44   #52
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Sigh!! If wishes were horses ! Mate let me tell you one thing. Team-Bhp may have 60-70000 odd members but the majority 10-20 crore Mango people in our country who are looking to buy a new car ( I'm just assuming the figure) dont give a damn about the road handlings and dynamics of a car. They are more worried about the brand name and market value of the car.
I agree with you that Figo is an excellent proposition for a person looking to buy a small diesel hatchback but Ford has to create a buzz of some sorts highlighting its lower service costs and pocket friendliness rather than the car itself. This is the last oppurtunity for Ford to do something GM is doing in India i.e recreate brand awareness and market its new line of products through proactive dealerships.
+1 to that and if i may add that of the 60-70K - a lot are Ford owners and/or lovers( driving enthusiasts) so surely more Ford support/buyers will be seen around here. The common man makes a buying choice as you said mostly on reliable brand and service network and maintenance costs. THOSE are where Ford needs to work on setting things right in the minds of buyers unless they would want only to cater to a limited audience. This is where Maruti and Hyundai have made inroads over the years and now we can see Chevy too make a super attempt with the Beat and its dealer network
Old 26th February 2010, 13:57   #53
BANNED

Does the Figo have child locks on the rear doors?

I think it is a must-have feature for families with small kids.
Old 26th February 2010, 14:07   #54
Senior - BHPian

Has this advert been released across India or only TOI ahmedabad?
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP : Ford Figo's pricing *leaked*. EDIT : Officially announced (Page 18 onward).-figo.jpg  

Old 26th February 2010, 14:16   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
THOSE are where Ford needs to work on setting things right in the minds of buyers unless they would want only to cater to a limited audience. This is where Maruti and Hyundai have made inroads over the years and now we can see Chevy too make a super attempt with the Beat and its dealer network
Even the limited audience who have got Ford may not be happy with the service network and quality of work along with high cost of spares.

Ford needs to look into these areas as well, if they want to make a SALE.
Old 26th February 2010, 14:20   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Has this advert been released across India or only TOI ahmedabad?
Released across India
Old 26th February 2010, 14:26   #57
Senior - BHPian

Indeed a Sweet price !!! They surely have winner in their hands !!

Does Ford offer some sort complete care package ??
Old 26th February 2010, 14:34   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Indeed a Sweet price !!! They surely have winner in their hands !!

I think they do.

Found this in the review done by GTO.

"• Standard warranty = 2 years / 100,000 kms.

• Interestingly, Ford will give Figo customers the option of a 5 year extended service plan. It will cover all consumables & labour for 60 months / 100,000 kms. Branded as the “Ford Scheduled Service Plan”. Note that this plan does not cover wear & tear items (clutch, brake pads), tyres or mechanical / electrical failures. "

Source : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...review-34.html
Old 26th February 2010, 14:40   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Yes, indeed.

In addtion to SSP (Scheduled Service Plan), FORD has TMP (Total Maintaineance Plan) to cater to complete car care. Apart from that, owners can opt for 3rd/4th year extended warranty, in addition to the first 2 years of standard warranty.

Last edited by mayukh : 26th February 2010 at 14:44.
Old 26th February 2010, 14:50   #60
BANNED

I think its very good price and sure it will be my new car soon if its all correct.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks