Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2010, 18:32   #121
BHPian

If these are the official prices for Figo Variants, Ford will taste huge success.

Swift may be forced to realize enjoying its own product end cycle

Tata may offer its own TDI Engine on aura, Aura ABS, and Aura+ Variants to keep its VFM tag

With FIGO As VFM factor vaporize on TATA Vista QJD sizeable sales may be lost to Figo forcing TATA to re-inspect Vista QJD prices.

Let the good competition heat upamong car manufacturers in India and result in benefit to Indian customers
Old 2nd March 2010, 18:42   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
If these are the official prices for Figo Variants, Ford will taste huge success.

Swift may be forced to realize enjoying its own product end cycle

Tata may offer its own TDI Engine on aura, Aura ABS, and Aura+ Variants to keep its VFM tag

With FIGO As VFM factor vaporize on TATA Vista QJD sizeable sales may be lost to Figo forcing TATA to re-inspect Vista QJD prices.

Let the good competition heat upamong car manufacturers in India and result in benefit to Indian customers
isnt the TDI already offered in the VISTA ?
Old 2nd March 2010, 18:57   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
isnt the TDI already offered in the VISTA ?
Currently TATA offers its TDI engine Only on Terra and Aqua variants.
Vista Aura variants are coming with QJD engines only.
Old 2nd March 2010, 18:59   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

So much suspense to announce a car's price? God, this is as serious as it can get.
Old 2nd March 2010, 19:17   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
So much suspense to announce a car's price? God, this is as serious as it can get.
Ford can gain a respectable market share ONLY with Figo. The RIGHT pricing must be sending waves in market that FIGO indeed is a great VFM product to Indians by FORD.

It is a DO or DIE moment for FORD with their FIGO pricing. 5.45L for M/T titanium with ABS and 2 airbags gives ALL the room for an A/T FIGO to be launched well under 5.9L challenging Punto, i20 ,Polo, Jazz,Vista,Beat,Swift seriously.

Figo petrol & Diesel variants with M/T and A/T has a great potential to clock 15K units per month if priced AGGRESSIVELY.
Old 2nd March 2010, 19:24   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
Figo petrol & Diesel variants with M/T and A/T has a great potential to clock 15K units per month if priced AGGRESSIVELY.
They don't have the required no. of dealerships nor the factory capacity to come anywhere close to 15K a month. I think Ford will be more than happy with 4K a month for now. What they need next are strong replacements for the Ikon and the Fiesta. And an MUV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
This must be huge for Ford. What's the mood inside like?

Last edited by Gilead : 2nd March 2010 at 19:26.
Old 2nd March 2010, 19:39   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
They don't have the required no. of dealerships nor the factory capacity to come anywhere close to 15K a month. I think Ford will be more than happy with 4K a month for now. What they need next are strong replacements for the Ikon and the Fiesta. And an MUV.
The S-Max can do wonders for a MUV from Ford
Old 2nd March 2010, 19:42   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Ford has 120 odd dealerships and plant has capacity of 110,000 units roughly 9K units per month. Surely Fod must Expand its dealerships.

As FIGO is such a product for Ford that its base petrol varian prices are close to Beat and space is comparable with Indica & Polo a 284 liter boot and the non-turbo lag engine performance as said by GTO matching Punto, and finally good fit and finish level matching with European level.

To admit FIGO is one product that has a pack of USPs to support a great sales if priced aggressively.

Agreed it's time Now for FOrd to invest and give an affordable MUV to Indian Market.

Last edited by harimakesh : 2nd March 2010 at 19:44.
Old 2nd March 2010, 19:50   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

This must be huge for Ford. What's the mood inside like?
Isn't the capacity at Ford India Ltd, 2,00,000?

Mood inside? Hhhm nothing much in the IT side man. We gotta see the car in our office last week. Too much crowd so I didn't get to check it out in detail. Sad part is, as I mentioned earlier no Employee Discounts for us Good part is the whole of India gets a sweet price!

Last edited by kiku007 : 2nd March 2010 at 19:52.
Old 2nd March 2010, 23:47   #130
BHPian

This os a killer price for FOrd indeed. It will be interesting to see where Ford will cut corners to make decent profit from this car.
Old 3rd March 2010, 09:01   #131
BHPian

The suspense is palpable, I am still waiting for the official price, have suggested Figo to a couple of giuys and lol they keep on calling me every couple of hours to confirm the price, went to see it in the showroom and it is a nice package.
Old 3rd March 2010, 11:24   #132
Senior - BHPian

@autospirit - I too am waiting eagerly for the official prices to be announced.
I sincerely hope that Ford prices the car in a way that sets the cats among the pigeons.
Old 3rd March 2010, 12:11   #133
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Everyone is eager for Figo's pricing. If Ford does a good job - even better than the indicative pricings floating in the net, then Swift DDiS will start to see the end of its advance bookings
Old 3rd March 2010, 12:56   #134
BHPian

Wow ! If the prices are to be believed and are accurate, then Ford is going to rule the segment. Figo is going to be a global car and Allan Mullay launched it here in India that it self shows the importance it has in Ford's plans for India. But I sincerely doubt if they can price it so aggressively. Where will they recover the cost of manufacturing if they sell it at these prices. Well ! I would wait for Ford to announce official prices than getting carried away.

Maybe these are a teaser prices just for a month or two to grab the market share and make an impact.

Last edited by samsan02 : 3rd March 2010 at 12:59.
Old 3rd March 2010, 13:07   #135
RGK
Senior - BHPian

<<<Where will they recover the cost of manufacturing if they sell it at these prices>>>

90% of parts are localised and most of interior components like headlight switches, a/c vents, wiper levers are from Fiesta.. So no new production costs for Ford
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks