Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2010, 00:36   #76
Senior - BHPian

Checked the Figo out today and i'm impressed despite the mauve/pink dash and the choice of color for the display car. Credit to Ford for a job well done and now get the sales register ringing!. And they are offering an "ebony" interior so no depair. I don't care what they call it as long as it's not the one in the pic!.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP : Ford Figo's pricing *leaked*. EDIT : Officially announced (Page 18 onward).-chennai-325-large.jpg  

SCOOP : Ford Figo's pricing *leaked*. EDIT : Officially announced (Page 18 onward).-chennai-322-large.jpg  

SCOOP : Ford Figo's pricing *leaked*. EDIT : Officially announced (Page 18 onward).-chennai-333-large.jpg  

SCOOP : Ford Figo's pricing *leaked*. EDIT : Officially announced (Page 18 onward).-chennai-324-large.jpg  

SCOOP : Ford Figo's pricing *leaked*. EDIT : Officially announced (Page 18 onward).-chennai-329-large.jpg  

SCOOP : Ford Figo's pricing *leaked*. EDIT : Officially announced (Page 18 onward).-chennai-331-large.jpg  

Old 27th February 2010, 01:24   #77
BHPian

since i own a fiesta, i am really hoping that ford launches a 1.6 figo with some added features and given their aggressive stance on pricing, it could well undercut the polo 1.6(whenever it comes) and become a hot hatch to die for.....anyway heres hoping....
Old 27th February 2010, 08:35   #78
BHPian

So it is in the league of i10 and Ritz . Maruti and Hyundai are going to a have a tough time .
Old 27th February 2010, 09:04   #79
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
Maybe Mustang.101 can give us the real reasoning behind the omission of rear power windows or confirm our reasnoning.
The reason is that since power windows cant be lowered to more than 40-50% hence there is no need for the power windows at the rear. Plus we have a new mechanism inside the door for the rear windows, Go & check out how effortless it is is to roll down the rear ones.
Old 27th February 2010, 16:10   #80
Senior - BHPian

@Mustang.101 - are these introductory prices? Can we expect a price hike in a few months time?
Old 27th February 2010, 19:45   #81
BANNED

@Mustang.101: Do you have any ides about launch date and price announcement date?

Also when will the delivery of the vehicle starts?

Since in the recent budget has many tax hike will the above pricing get affected?
Old 27th February 2010, 20:26   #82
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
The reason is that since power windows cant be lowered to more than 40-50% hence there is no need for the power windows at the rear. Plus we have a new mechanism inside the door for the rear windows, Go & check out how effortless it is is to roll down the rear ones.
Yes Mustang.101 is absolutely correct.Just now I am back from Ford Showroom, Chennai. Rear windows roll effortlessly up and down and does not any power.
Old 27th February 2010, 22:43   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Yes Mustang.101 is absolutely correct.Just now I am back from Ford Showroom, Chennai. Rear windows roll effortlessly up and down and does not any power.
It is not a question of just how much effort is required to roll the window up and down. Consider these situations:-You are driving alone and want to roll down all the windows a bit to let fresh air in-You are driving with a kid in the rear seat. You dont want the kid to roll down the windows and stick his/her neck or hand out. If the rear window is also powered, you can lock it from driver seat.Potentially there will be many such instances where rear power window will be necessary.

Last edited by Guna : 27th February 2010 at 22:44.
Old 27th February 2010, 22:45   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
@Mustang.101 - are these introductory prices? Can we expect a price hike in a few months time?
Ford must refrain from increasing price of Figo at all costs. At least not until it has made a mark in the fiercely hot B-segment market. Else, it will run out of steam even before it sails.
Old 27th February 2010, 23:25   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
I completely differ with Mustang.101 and RGK on this .

I did visit the Ford showroom (MPL Ford, Nandanam) today in Chennai. I sat at the rear and tried with the manual operation of the rear window. It wasn't that effortless as told by Mustang.101. In fact, it made me difficult to roll up and down because of the fact that the manual liver was bigger in size than the normal one.

Picture taken from GTO's TD and Review of Ford Figo.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP : Ford Figo's pricing *leaked*. EDIT : Officially announced (Page 18 onward).-ford_figo_10.jpg  

Last edited by rameshnanda : 27th February 2010 at 23:32.
Old 27th February 2010, 23:27   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
It is not a question of just how much effort is required to roll the window up and down. Consider these situations:-You are driving alone and want to roll down all the windows a bit to let fresh air in-You are driving with a kid in the rear seat. You dont want the kid to roll down the windows and stick his/her neck or hand out. If the rear window is also powered, you can lock it from driver seat.Potentially there will be many such instances where rear power window will be necessary.
Guna, You are absolutely right.

Last edited by rameshnanda : 27th February 2010 at 23:33.
Old 27th February 2010, 23:57   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
I completely differ with Mustang.101 and RGK on this .

I did visit the Ford showroom (MPL Ford, Nandanam) today in Chennai. I sat at the rear and tried with the manual operation of the rear window. It wasn't that effortless as told by Mustang.101. In fact, it made me difficult to roll up and down because of the fact that the manual liver was bigger in size than the normal one.

Picture taken from GTO's TD and Review of Ford Figo.
Completely agree with you. I visited the same showroom in the evening. I found the roller to be regular /usual one requiring effort to roll up or down. Nothing efforless or smooth. I was expecting something innovative but it was just a regular roller requiring 4 - 5 rolls to roll up or down completely. But anyways, not a deal breaker to me but had to say here cuz I dint find it any different from other manual winders

Will jot down my initial observations and feelings on Figo tomorrow.

Last edited by rajivn : 28th February 2010 at 00:01.
Old 28th February 2010, 01:26   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Well thats not a great thing, many a times I do not prefer to open the front windows and only rear windows to get some fresh air while driving at freeways where speed is beyond 75mph. I do so because the wind noise and pressure is not bearable at high speed if we open the front windows at high speed and you cant do conversation with co passenger properly.
I do not want to criticize ford for this stuff but I think there could have been some optional rear power windows at some extra cost for those who need it. I am sure when this car will be a hit so 2-3 months down the line there would be work around for this from our local part manufacturers. Its no biggie I am sure it can be done from the market.
Old 28th February 2010, 01:49   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome pricing! I basically love the looks of the car and wish this was launched an year back! I dont think Maruti will sustain its Swift sales like before! I bought my swift D 1.5 years back as I wanted a diesel car [a good one] and I didnt have many options that time!

Checked Palio and wasnt that impressed on the space front, didnt want to go anywhere near indica and indigo as they didnt hv a geat diesel engine and that was when Vista was launched. I was really impressed with the space and also knowing the suspension from Tata [comfort oriented] I was pretty much ok for it - but there was no option for ABS! and this was my main criterion.

So booked the swift and had to wait for 4 months [126 days to be precise] and got the ABS version.

I read some where that Manza sales are pretty close to Dzire sales; so I dont find a reason why Figo will / can not overtake Swift sales.

Basically I love this kind of competition which gives US, the customers more options and VFM cars!
Old 28th February 2010, 07:44   #90
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
@Mustang.101: Do you have any ides about launch date and price announcement date?

Also when will the delivery of the vehicle starts?

Since in the recent budget has many tax hike will the above pricing get affected?
Prices will be announced on the 4th of march.

Deliveries to start from the 5th subject to stock availability at showrooms.

no, prices will not be affected. However these prices may be declared as introductory & then expect to pay 10-20K more. But plans are not yet confirmed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks