Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2010, 13:59   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
<<<Where will they recover the cost of manufacturing if they sell it at these prices>>>

90% of parts are localised and most of interior components like headlight switches, a/c vents, wiper levers are from Fiesta.. So no new production costs for Ford
Good Point sir ! +1 for that.
But Maruti/Tata also produce cars with almost 100% localisation and even they can't price it so low because these days raw material costs are not so cheap. Figo lanuch with these prices will give even Tata/Maruti run for their money. Anyway at the end of the day its going to be very good VFM for the customer.
Old 3rd March 2010, 16:56   #137
BHPian

Ford Figo to be launched officially in the country on the 9th of March, 2010. Michael Boneham, president and MD of Ford India, and Joe Hinrichs, group VP, Ford Motor Company would be gracing the occasion at Hotel Taj Palace in New Delhi.
Old 3rd March 2010, 17:00   #138
Senior - BHPian

Checked the squeeze coloured figo at the showroom.
Few observations:
Solid build quality
good legroom all over
good under-thigh support at the rear bench
big boot
manual rear window not a problem as it opens only 60%
but non-adjustable rear head-rest are a bit of problem
overall a great package especially the diesel one

And the prices indicated by sales-person are:

3.5 - 4.5L - Petrol
4.5 - 5.5L - Diesel
ex-showroom
Old 3rd March 2010, 19:57   #139
BANNED

@Mustang.101: New information is that figo will be launched at taj hotel new Delhi on 9th of march.
Old 3rd March 2010, 20:41   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
@Mustang.101: New information is that figo will be launched at taj hotel new Delhi on 9th of march.

Hmm good news, now I have lost count of how many times the car has been launched now, first it was by Alan Mullaly, then by TN CM and now again launched.

By the way I wanted to know is Ford still continuing with the special packages for the Ford Fiesta?

Last edited by xingamazon : 3rd March 2010 at 20:42.
Old 4th March 2010, 09:07   #141
BANNED

Quote:
Yes it is confirmed for march 9th.
Old 4th March 2010, 09:35   #142
Senior - BHPian

Wow

Mustang, if these prices are true, then its great news.

Figo has the potential to rock and hopefully the Service stations are now geared for a spurt of sales last witnessed with the Ikon series to some extent.

Awesome pricing which can put the mundane Marutis in a tight spot, nore so with their lack lustre recent launches.

Way to go FORD!!!
Old 4th March 2010, 10:42   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Hmm good news, now I have lost count of how many times the car has been launched now, first it was by Alan Mullaly, then by TN CM and now again launched.

By the way I wanted to know is Ford still continuing with the special packages for the Ford Fiesta?
Yes Ford Fiesta still has the package until this month, inquired during my visit to see the Figo
Old 4th March 2010, 12:25   #144
BHPian

I just heard that the orange colored dashboard will be standard and the regular dash will only be available in the upper two models, is this true?
that orange dash will be a big downer imo. the reflections in the windscreen at the front will be bad when the sunlight is coming from the top or front of the car.
Old 4th March 2010, 12:35   #145
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospirit View Post
I just heard that the orange colored dashboard will be standard and the regular dash will only be available in the upper two models, is this true?
that orange dash will be a big downer imo. the reflections in the windscreen at the front will be bad when the sunlight is coming from the top or front of the car.
There are absolutely no reflection on the windscreen with the coral dash, rather there is a small amount of reflection with the black dash. & yes the coral dash is only available on the zxi & titanium variants as an option.
Old 4th March 2010, 14:43   #146

Hi everyone, i just hope the pricing just turns out the way its being discussed on the thread. Given the pricing & service, I just had one question - How good would the Figo be as a 'first car' compared to the i10 or the swift.
Old 4th March 2010, 16:24   #147
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anirvan View Post
Hi everyone, i just hope the pricing just turns out the way its being discussed on the thread. Given the pricing & service, I just had one question - How good would the Figo be as a 'first car' compared to the i10 or the swift.
If everything works out as expected (pricing), then Figo TDCi would stand a great chance..
Old 4th March 2010, 16:28   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospirit View Post
@autospirit - It is the other way around. The black dashboard is the regular one and coral red is optional (thank god!)
Old 4th March 2010, 16:37   #149
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Yes it is confirmed for march 9th.
You told today is the price announcement day. But everybody is saying it is also on 9th. Do i get delivery of my booked car on the same day? I am the second booking with my dealer. Hope there is no change from the price you have posted.
Old 4th March 2010, 17:23   #150
BHPian

Mustang didn't commit the prices

Ford will announce the prices in a Press Conference today or tomorrow.

The release/deliveries will be on March 9th.

Quote:
You told today is the price announcement day. But everybody is saying it is also on 9th. Do i get delivery of my booked car on the same day? I am the second booking with my dealer. Hope there is no change from the price you have posted.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed