Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2010, 12:58   #166
BHPian

just going by that leaked pricing and assuming the ford Management wants to keep some "SHOCK VALUE" at the launch... expect the petrol pricing atleast 20-25 K lower than these numbers
Old 5th March 2010, 13:25   #167
Senior - BHPian

Prices looks really attractive. In 4 + lacs u are getting big car on road (base petrol) I think this will attract lot of people. It will make publicity of the car in general people also. As it is Diesel will sell on its own merits

Lets see how market reacts. People will be skeptical about the A.S.S. though. It will decide its fate in the market
Old 5th March 2010, 13:28   #168
BHPian

A stunner from Ford.. You cant ask more from them.... Being a Proud owner of Fiesta, I am bit worried about their dealers now :(... Not sure how those guys are going to handle the service, in terms of capacity...
Old 5th March 2010, 16:58   #169
BHPian

Good for indian auto industry

Wow. This is great pricing. Actually I was anticipating this price range after the Beat shocking price. IMHO this car has everything that masses need - space, diesel, driveability (in diesel engine though), VFM and many variants. The only worry is after sales services. I am sure Ford is ready with that as well (remember 24 dealers in 24 hours campaign).

Hatchback segment is growing like never before and you can easily see cheaper sedans are taking a hit. People are prefering hatch version with features over sedan with no features. Gone are the days of 'lambi' car.

All eyes are on Micra now.

Last edited by erohit : 5th March 2010 at 17:00. Reason: Spell correction
Old 5th March 2010, 17:30   #170
BANNED

@Mustang.101: Your price is now floating around the internet and i think ford have already known that somebody from ford done this. Did they investigate on this or warned anyone? I know you can't be caught by ford since your name is not public.

Also how can ford reduce price more? After all this is not a maruti wagon r or estilo. Also the beat is small so it has a vfm, but how can figo go that level?
Old 5th March 2010, 19:33   #171
BHPian

This was already discussed. It was an older proven platform, existing parts bin and is also a desperate attempt to really shine in this segment.
Hence translating to cheap and affordable.

Besides the Chevy beat is an even more desperate move by an ailing company. Hence the low price point.

I just check the Maruti prices and they seem awfully low too esp for the higher end ones. I think I need to really check out the competition before I decide on the car. The top end Maruti hatchbacks even provide ABS and Airbags at the price of Figo's Exi model.

The diesel Figo might be the gem, but the petrol seems overpriced.

What tips the scales in favor of the Figo Petrol???

I'd wait for the Official prices before making any move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
@Mustang.101: Your price is now floating around the internet and i think ford have already known that somebody from ford done this. Did they investigate on this or warned anyone? I know you can't be caught by ford since your name is not public.

Also how can ford reduce price more? After all this is not a maruti wagon r or estilo. Also the beat is small so it has a vfm, but how can figo go that level?
Old 5th March 2010, 19:37   #172
BHPian

Ford has to lure customers with shock pricing, they need some USP for the car, the petrol engine is neither frugal not powerful. Even if it's not an wagon-r, I bet Ford would love to have Figo returning the same number as Wagon-r every month. So why not make it an wagon-r? The margin game has not rally led Ford some glory, so why not play the number game? for once?

I think, at end of the day Ford knows better than anybody that it has price aggressively. It's a now or never situation for them, and they should learn from Beat's initial success.
Old 5th March 2010, 20:19   #173
BANNED

I think ford can't go the maruti way to offer cheap item for cheap. The US automaker has to keep its standard.
Old 5th March 2010, 21:38   #174
BHPian

Since when did cheap(in terms of cost) become a negative.

Anyway, I had a noob question - what tips the scale in favor of Ford.

Are all the Ford parts more superior than those of Maruti-Suzuki? Is that why the price is higher?

Quote:
I think ford can't go the maruti way to offer cheap item for cheap. The US automaker has to keep its standard.
Old 5th March 2010, 21:59   #175
BANNED

If price goes too cheap then it has some effect on the features and quality. Thats what i just mean.

I have heard many people saying that maruti's cars like estilo and other cars build quality is cheap. I never say rits, swift, a-star and other international models of maruti are cheap.
Old 5th March 2010, 22:01   #176
BANNED

I don't know if any body know ? got a teaser of price starting at 341000 ex show room.

Last edited by jacksons : 5th March 2010 at 22:03.
Old 5th March 2010, 23:06   #177
BHPian

Quote:
If price goes too cheap then it has some effect on the features and quality. Thats what i just mean.

I have heard many people saying that maruti's cars like estilo and other cars build quality is cheap. I never say rits, swift, a-star and other international models of maruti are cheap.
+1 to that. Maruti cars definately feel "cheap". This by no means is a derogatory statement on the way they make their cars, but its a fact. They are not in charity business and pricing a car cheap means using cheap products somewhere to justify the cost.

It may be just my opinion, but by no stretch of imagination, Maruti cars are rattle free. My cousin's 3 year old swift rattles more than his 6 year old palio! IMO Maruti / Suzuki have a long way to go in that department. Agreed, VFM, they are the king. But you can't have it both ways - extreme VFM and premium quality. Ford has a self made higher standard to maintain in that respect.

Last edited by SunilM : 5th March 2010 at 23:08.
Old 5th March 2010, 23:31   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunilM View Post
+1 to that. Maruti cars definately feel "cheap". This by no means is a derogatory statement on the way they make their cars, but its a fact. They are not in charity business and pricing a car cheap means using cheap products somewhere to justify the cost.

It may be just my opinion, but by no stretch of imagination, Maruti cars are rattle free. My cousin's 3 year old swift rattles more than his 6 year old palio! IMO Maruti / Suzuki have a long way to go in that department. Agreed, VFM, they are the king. But you can't have it both ways - extreme VFM and premium quality. Ford has a self made higher standard to maintain in that respect.
+1
I totally agree with you! The Figo might be priced cheap but it will definitely not feel cheap like Marutis (no offense to any Maruti owners).

To be honest I even find the wooden finish on the SX4 very cheap and even the steering wheel feels cheap, not that it's not a good car but it feels cheap!
aparth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2010, 05:04   #179
BHPian

Quote:
I dont think Ford was ever considered as a premium. They moved to India early and stayed on. They tried 'made for India' card for long time and offered sub standard cars. No offense to Ford owners.

The quality of a car can be tested by the re-sale market and there Ford is in the Lowest quartile.
Old 6th March 2010, 06:39   #180
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
I don't know if any body know ? got a teaser of price starting at 341000 ex show room.
From where did you got that price? As per ford pricing will be out at the launch only. If its true, it will be the 8th wonder. This pricing will destroy marutis segment vehicle from wagon r to top rits and shift.

From 3.4 to 5, it will car almost the full hatch segment with petrol and diesel variant. Intelligent work by ford. After all ford has been hard working on this for last few years.

Last edited by mkerala : 6th March 2010 at 06:40.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed