Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2010, 22:54   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
I don't know if any body know ? got a teaser of price starting at 341000 ex show room.
If grapevine is true... your pricing of 3.41 (3.35 +2.06% additional for excise increase) is the most accurate pricing on this forum. Cheers to that pricing and Lucky you indian customers

Last edited by anu21v : 6th March 2010 at 22:56.
Old 6th March 2010, 23:28   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu21v View Post
If grapevine is true... your pricing of 3.41 (3.35 +2.06% additional for excise increase) is the most accurate pricing on this forum. Cheers to that pricing and Lucky you indian customers
This is the price i was expecting from the beginning and after seeing the car in person im even more convinced this would be the price FORD is aiming for.

BEAT = More luxurious than FIGo but smaller
FIGO = Less luxurious but with more space

Lets wait and keep our fingers crossed lol

Btw your location says noida and yet you say "Lucky you indian customers" !
Old 7th March 2010, 09:22   #198
BANNED

One more thing, when you compare Linea 1.4 active and E pack, the price differance is only one lac with so many goodies like ACC, ALLOYS, B&M, MY CAR SETTING, ICE, FOG LAMPS, SIDE MOULDING, REAR AC, CHROMES, ELECTICALLY ADJ ORVM and many many more.
Therefore price differance for Figo base and top model should not be more than 50, 60K IMO because lot of things are missing in top model like ACC, ALLOYS, FOG LAMPS and many more.
What do you guys think.
Base: 341000
next : 359000
next : 379000
top: 398000
These prices will also keep check on registration charges because road tax is 2% below 4Lac.
Old 7th March 2010, 19:34   #199
BANNED

Everybody is complaining of figo petrol mileage. Please check the mileage of some top hatches in India.

Also swift new mileage is around 17.9kmpl with k series engine.

SWIFT (Petrol) - 15.9 kmpl
M800 (Petrol) - 16.1 kmpl
Hyudai santro- 17.6kmpl
i10- 18.1kmpl
Fait Punto (Petrol)- 14.3 kmpl
Tata Nano - 23.4kmpl
Cheverlet Aveo - 14.7kmpl
TATA vista (Petrol)- 15kmpl (Approx)

Last edited by mkerala : 7th March 2010 at 19:35.
Old 7th March 2010, 20:05   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
Everybody is complaining of figo petrol mileage. Please check the mileage of some top hatches in India.

Hyudai santro- 17.6kmpl
i10- 18.1kmpl
Tata Nano - 23.4kmpl
The bench mark in 1.2L petrol has been set by Kappa, and overwritten by K12M. The Fiat/Tata 1.2L petrol was never considered to be class-leading. Now it is up to you whom you want to judge yourself against. For me, i10, Beat has a more powerful engine providing higher FE. K12M is in a different league altogether. it provides 20% more power at 14% (claimed) higher FE. Now it should be clear why people are disappointed. What is not clear is the USP of Petrol Figo, if they do not price it very very aggressively?
Old 8th March 2010, 01:16   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
Btw your location says noida and yet you say "Lucky you indian customers" !
Well it sounded better than "Lucky We" and I in any case have bought off a car 8 months back, not anticipating this kind of Price wars, so can't go for another one right-away which is why that impression.
Old 8th March 2010, 12:50   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuboid View Post

What did Ford develop for this car then? The diesel engine is same as Fiesta, the car platform is same as fiesta, some interior fittings as same as fiesta. All they needed to develop is Petrol 1.2L motor, and they have under-achieved.
This is the advantage for Figo. It has the excellent diesel engine that powers Fiesta.With the same engine and less weight , its going to be even more fun to drive and fuel efficient. It is built on the Fiesta platform which is a successful one internationally and is very reliable.

I wouldnt dislike a car just because it is built on a existing platform which is good.
Old 8th March 2010, 12:55   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdrive View Post
This is the advantage for Figo. It has the excellent diesel engine that powers Fiesta.With the same engine and less weight , its going to be even more fun to drive and fuel efficient. It is built on the Fiesta platform which is a successful one internationally and is very reliable.

I wouldnt dislike a car just because it is built on a existing platform which is good.
I was not disappointed with the diesel Figo. In fact I completely agree with you that Diesel Figo would be very good hatch to drive. I was disappointed with the Petrol engine. As you have agreed, the Petrol engine is the only newly developed part of the Figo, and that's not very impressive as per the reports. Rest are based on a very good platform, and are plus points. I expected Ford to develop a good new Petrol engine for this car.
Old 8th March 2010, 12:57   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpzone View Post

The quality of a car can be tested by the re-sale market and there Ford is in the Lowest quartile.
Here, resale is tied to more to things like brand, service network for a 1000 km radius from house , weather car was bought on Dec 31/Jan1 etc,. Quality of the car plays least role in deciding resale value of the Car. Some of the Maruti models have below average quality but still they demand good resale value than others.
Old 8th March 2010, 14:23   #205
BHPian

I think the Petrol version seems lackluster because of the following reasons:
- Its built for city drive and a very rare long drive. Hint - the gear ratios.
- Mileage purposes
- Should not eat into the sales of Ikon and Fiesta.
Old 8th March 2010, 14:24   #206
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdrive View Post
Here, resale is tied to more to things like brand, service network for a 1000 km radius from house , weather car was bought on Dec 31/Jan1 etc,. Quality of the car plays least role in deciding resale value of the Car. Some of the Maruti models have below average quality but still they demand good resale value than others.
Very true,But there is also a confusing theory.

Ikon sold lots but the resale is still bad.Swift (p/d) also sold lots but it has a very good resale value.

Indians have very bad image on FORD because of its high maintenance.I think figo will have better resale that other ford products if ford keeps the spares and maintenance cost less.They need more service stations as far as chennai is concerned.
Old 8th March 2010, 14:28   #207
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Very true,But there is also a confusing theory.

Ikon sold lots but the resale is still bad.Swift (p/d) also sold lots but it has a very good resale value.

Indians have very bad image on FORD because of its high maintenance.I think figo will have better resale that other ford products if ford keeps the spares and maintenance cost less.They need more service stations as far as chennai is concerned.
The Ikon commands poor resale due to the image which was brought upon itself owing to high spare costs, as well as poor reliability.

The first point has been addressed by Ford through localisation of parts, and the prices are now very much on par with the fellow segment competitors. Reliability has also been greatly enhanced, and various long term ownership reviews on the forum seek to drive this point across.

Now, what is required from us as consumers is to keep an open mind and evaluate the offerring against the current day scenario.
Old 8th March 2010, 14:40   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuboid View Post
I was not disappointed with the diesel Figo. In fact I completely agree with you that Diesel Figo would be very good hatch to drive. I was disappointed with the Petrol engine. As you have agreed, the Petrol engine is the only newly developed part of the Figo, and that's not very impressive as per the reports. Rest are based on a very good platform, and are plus points. I expected Ford to develop a good new Petrol engine for this car.
As per the info from this review, the petrol engine is also derived from the durotec engine that powers Fiesta. Fiesta petrol (1.6) is again a drivers car. GTO's review says the petrol engine is very drive-able in city than it competitors but it is not on par on highways.
Old 8th March 2010, 15:44   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post

Hyudai santro- 17.6kmpl
i10- 18.1kmpl
Tata Nano - 23.4kmpl
The new Swift( K series) as well as the Ritz petrol have an ARAI figure of 17.9 kmpl and 17.7 kmpl respectively. How come you didn't post the Ritz's FE figures? The Beat boasts an ARAI figure of 18.1 kmpl. I don't buy the i10's figure of 18.1 kmpl. Is that a mistake? Anyhow yet to come across one with that FE. I thought Santro, being lighter, had better FE than i10. I don't think the Americans can beat the Japanese on reliability of engines.

Last edited by longhorn : 8th March 2010 at 15:51.
Old 8th March 2010, 17:35   #210
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
The new Swift( K series) as well as the Ritz petrol have an ARAI figure of 17.9 kmpl and 17.7 kmpl respectively. How come you didn't post the Ritz's FE figures? The Beat boasts an ARAI figure of 18.1 kmpl. I don't buy the i10's figure of 18.1 kmpl. Is that a mistake? Anyhow yet to come across one with that FE. I thought Santro, being lighter, had better FE than i10. I don't think the Americans can beat the Japanese on reliability of engines.
I have already said new siwft k series has good mileage of 17.9. But current swift on the road are old once.

If you need to know all hatch mileage you can search the internet or check this

pls help me getting ARAI mileage? | Articles | Car Forums - NDTV Auto
Closed Thread

Most Viewed