Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2010, 22:40   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
alot of car manufacturers are moving toward promoting "break the rule and rule the world kind"

Did you saw the new Chevy Cruz ad, waited all the time till light was green and revved up when it turned amber. Pretty insane. Is this what you should be doing?
I can do that in my Getz. I don't need a Cruz for that.

I can do 140+ KMPH also. Doesn't need a Endeavour for that.

Question is, would I?

Supreme excellence is in succeeding without resorting to battle. "The Greatest Victory is the one that is achieved without unsheathing the sword."

Hope the ad agencies are listening.
Old 3rd March 2010, 09:16   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajtheindian View Post
Well at lest in the past they used to drive the cars to it's limit in test track, no on public roads. you can speed at your on risk on a test track, but when you do the same on a public road, not you a risk not just for yourself but the other road users.
Are you quite sure about that? I remember various instances where magazines like ACI hint that they drove at high speeds on the highway and the car felt perfectly stable etc. etc. In addition, I know ACI takes cornering shots (with the tail out) on city streets since they mentioned in one test (that of the Nano) that they waited for traffic to clear before taking the shot.

Everyone speeds and honestly, I'm not going to complain about that as long as they do it in places where they don't put others at risk. I only have an issue with the beer comment since it is rather unnecessary (he's evaluating the car) and it hints at drinking and driving even if he didn't actually drink and drive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks