Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2010, 14:06   #1
BHPian

New Ford Fiesta 2010 heading to India

Our detailed review of the new Fiesta has been uploaded here : Ford Fiesta Test Drive & Review

Please continue the discussion in that thread.

Thread closed.

Ford Likely To Launch New Fiesta In India

New Ford Fiesta 2010 heading to India-fordfiestasedan2010.jpg

Ford India is currently planning to stop the current Fiesta sedan and release a new Fiesta sedan that was launched in China last year. Ford has said that it will soon upgrade its product portfolio in emerging markets like India and South America that will move them to replace the existing fiesta sedan with the new one.

Ford new Fiesta will get a variety of engine including both petrol and diesel in India that will directly compete with Honda City, Maruti SX4 and few others like Hyundai.

Source :
New Ford Fiesta Likely To Launch In India | Burn Your Fuel

ALSO, Scoop pics of the Euro-Fiesta being tested in India at this linky

Last edited by GTO : 21st June 2011 at 12:52. Reason: Adding link to our Fiesta review
Old 27th February 2010, 14:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

Yes, they may release the new fiesta but no so soon as present models are selling good now. Probably Ford may wait for some more time prior doing this change over.
Lets wait and see whats going to happen in the near future.
Old 27th February 2010, 15:19   #3
BHPian

They will probably name it something else and continue the present Fiesta. What happens to the Ikon then?
Old 27th February 2010, 16:22   #4
BHPian

There are chances that they might phase out Ikon and move current Fiesta down and bring this new Fiesta .I wish they bring this new fiesta soon to give a stiff competition to ANHC.
Old 27th February 2010, 16:49   #5
Team-BHP Support

Looks more bulky! Almost in the league of SX4?
Old 27th February 2010, 17:00   #6
BHPian

I don't know why Ford always has to make India specific models to launch in India, while every other international manufacturer launch the same versions with some minor modifications (rough road package, tweaked suspensions, detuned engines etc)

That's the reason why Honda / Toyota / GM / Hyundai / Maruti etc have launches that are more frequent and keep the interest going in the brand.

Ford only does 'Limited Editions' ad nauseam

They took too much time to launch Fiesta after Ikon, and the follower to Fiesta is not seen after 4.5 years!!!

Nothing gets the market interested like new launches - Every new launch brings across new customers - There was so much excitement with launches like i20, Beat, Ritz etc. There is line up for booking new models, press coverage etc.

What does Ford do? Another limited edition - iPod support, new alloys, new colors etc.

I think Ford should give up the idea of making India specific models and get their International lineup quick and price the cars sensibly (which I think they do now, considering their Figo pricing)

PS:- This comes from a Ford Ikon 1.6 Nxt owner - Ford makes some of the most affordable 'pleasure to drive' cars. I want them to do more!
Old 28th February 2010, 01:07   #7
Senior - BHPian

The sedan looks a bit weird to me. That was my first impression. It looks a bit too bulbuous for my liking but might have lots of street presence. But I won't be complaining too much as long as it drives like a Ford. I will not be surprised to see this priced in the 10-11 lac range with a different name with the Fiesta continuing to do duty in its current segment.

This is a much better pic from another thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...-online-f3.jpg
Old 28th February 2010, 01:15   #8
BHPian

I am also expecting FORD to continue the current FIESTA as it is doing very well for itself and bring in the new FIESTA under a diff name .

But in regards to pricing , i think they are selling the Fiesta as cheap as they can and don't have much room to reduce it much further. So they will probably keep the IKON and launch the new FIESTA in the 8-14 L category above the current model where they don't have any cars at present.

Edit- @ Gilead i see both of us agree on the model line-up but as regards the looks , i think the new Fiesta looks quite beautiful compared to what is on the roads as of now in the price category.

Last edited by -NUT-case : 28th February 2010 at 01:18.
Old 28th February 2010, 09:27   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
The sedan looks a bit weird to me. That was my first impression. It looks a bit too bulbuous for my liking but might have lots of street presence.
Another hatchback with an appended boot, just like the NHC, DZire and SX4. No matter how good the designer, its always going to look a little (or a lot) awkward.

I wish Ford would just give us the current Fiesta hatchback as sold in Europe. That's one amazing car.
Old 28th February 2010, 10:05   #10
BHPian

It looks like someone blew into the exhaust & puffed up the car. It doesn't look any better in videos, mind you. I don't think they'll be able to phase our the Ikon & replace it with the current Fiesta as it still commands some premium. Reducing its price to such a degree won't be agreeable with Ford's bank account. But, i completely agree that the Ikon should be phased out, Fiesta pricing can be lowered to such a degree that they're able to release the new Fiesta at a pricing slightly more than the current Fiesta.

All things said and done, i don't really agree with this policy that car manufacturers employ in developing countries. They wouldn't be caught dead doing this in the states or europe! Ideal situation, phase all the old models out, give us something new in each price bracket!
Old 15th May 2010, 20:32   #11
Senior - BHPian

Today I saw a red European version Fiesta being tested near Velachery (an unlikely place??). It zipped past before I could click pics, but I am 100% sure it is the Fiesta hatchback and not some other car.

Ford definitely seems to have some concrete plans for 2011.
Old 15th May 2010, 20:52   #12
BHPian

Really a nice car.

Nice picture @gilead.

@Rajushank84, i too saw that car in velacherry today, on my way to office. Ford has opened a new showroom near SRP tools, could be from that showroom.
Old 15th May 2010, 21:25   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr_007 View Post
Really a nice car.

Nice picture @gilead.

@Rajushank84, i too saw that car in velacherry today, on my way to office. Ford has opened a new showroom near SRP tools, could be from that showroom.
Yes, I think so.

When I saw it, it seemed to be headed towards the new Taramani showroom. This probably confirms that it is intended for an Indian launch.
Old 15th May 2010, 22:56   #14
Senior - BHPian

Looks short length, high and stubby. Looks less like a sedan and more like an overgrown hatch. Linea looks better. Sleek, long and short--- a proper sedan. However, it may be better performer.
Old 16th May 2010, 04:47   #15
BHPian

Ikon Diesel production stopped

This is news I heard from Lathangi Motors (Ford dealer in Bangalore). I have a very competent sales guy there who I kind of made friends with. Last week went to drive
a Figo diesel to reco it for a friend (who eventually went ahead and decided to buy it)

It seems the Ikon diesel production has stopped in the Ford factory.(don't know, did'nt ask about the petrol) This sales guy said "Because the new model is coming in the same bracket and Ford dosen't want to overcrowd its sedan portfolio".

IMHO, that is a surprise since the iKon diesel has been doing decent numbers (see quite a few on the roads in Benda Kaaluru) and also is almost a sure sign of Fiesta prices going downhill. And, maybe the new Ford would be slotted upwards on the current Fiesta as opined by many friends here.

Bring 'em on , Ford. The more the merrier
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks