Old 24th March 2012, 08:20   #256

re: New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport! *UPDATE* Price reduced to 22.56 Lakh!

The Pajero Sport review from Autocar India:
Nice review, but this would have been more relevant if the vehicle would have been taken offroad, or atleast on some rough roads.
Old 24th March 2012, 10:48   #257

Looking at the pics of the Pajero sport, 2 things come to my mind instantaneously-

1. Looks at the front, especially the headlamps resemble T-Fort.
2. The tail lamps have a striking similarity with the Audi Qx Range, keep aside LED's.

Just my opinion. Not sure how many would agree here.
Old 24th March 2012, 20:42   #258

I think that the prebudget price of the Pajero Sport would have amounted to around 30 L onroad in Bangalore. ( We take pride in being the highest taxed in the country). However we have to factor this in...the budget has increased price of CBU imports by 15% ie . the on road in bangalore will now touch 33L. Thats atleast 7 Lacs more than the T fort. NOT GOING TO SELL!!!

I really cant understand this. We beleive Mitsubishi has a great product, if they believe that too, they just have to get the confidence to invest in CKD assembly in india. They will definitely be able to price this at T fort levels, say on road 27L in Bangalore. Then they will be able to sell atleast 200-400 cars a month. Also wonder how the diesel mileage compares to the T-Fort.

Mod's Note: Avoid using too many elipsis in your sentences. The so called "Dotty posts" are extremely difficult for others to read.

We have edited your post for this once.
Old 25th March 2012, 22:19   #259

Here's the link to the advertisement.

Last edited by GTO : 27th March 2012 at 20:41. Reason: Inserting video properly. Simply cut-copy-paste the youtube link (and nothing else) to embed
sukrit7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2012, 22:37   #260

Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
Here's the link to the advertisement.

Pajero Sport - GO.PLAY. - YouTube
Awesome! I LOVED IT! Can actually the car be thrown rough like shown in the video? It will be amazing if indeed we can do it.
Old 26th March 2012, 12:42   #261

Originally Posted by dieselbelly View Post
Also wonder how the diesel mileage compares to the T-Fort.
Good question. Can the owners comment on what FE the older Pajero usually gives, and how does it fare compared to the T Fort?
Old 26th March 2012, 13:24   #262

Originally Posted by dieselbelly View Post
I think that the prebudget price of the Pajero Sport would have amounted to around 30 L onroad in Bangalore. (We take pride in being the highest taxed in the country). However we have to factor this in...the budget has increased price of CBU imports by 15% ie . the on road in bangalore will now touch 33L. Thats atleast 7 Lacs more than the T fort. NOT GOING TO SELL!!!
At 33l OTR B'lore, the Sport will find it difficult to find buyers. The FE of the SFX ranges between 8-9kmpl in the city and around 10 kmpl on the highway, for most users.
The Sport, by virtue of a modern engine can be expected to be slightly more fuel efficient than the Fortuner or at par.
Old 2nd April 2012, 20:53   #263

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this. Thanks

Hi, it's me again,

Finally its here and i got it yesterday, April Fools day, guess one is - paying that much money and without even a test drive buying a car, only a fool would!!!

Having said that Its a Pajero! Who cares if they did not let me test drive it.

Any how , a close friend and i went and got our beloved vehicles both white.

Well lets see how usually a new car is taken home, little laddo/narayal/holy water, whatever you fancy, and you drive it home to your family.

I had to drive it to a Mandi (agriculutral), picked up pesticides and some fertilizer put it in the back of my new car, went though good roads then hilly area , then bad hilly roads, then broken roads, into a farm/orchard, and finally it got home.

And i must confess ... I am in Love.

I did not drive it fast as I have since college had a thing that if you run the car in, atleast 1st 1000-1500 kms with occasional burst, the car performs better.

It tackles the hills on the 3rd gear , had a captiva before, which needed the 1st occasionally. I swear i did not feel the bumps, I did feel that i was going over something that is not smooth, but its just amazing.

Music system is not bad, but will need a major hauling, I just bought the P80 pioneer HU, contemplating between 2way Hybid audio (clarus) or 3 way- hybrids or CDT.

Woofer idq or jl or Hybrids (10" or maybe 2 8s).

ALso did i mention its beautiful. It actually is. Amazing legroom at the back, passengers can sit snuggly as we experienced in the hilly area.

Costs not as much as B'lore, but it cost us 23.52 + .83 (excise hike) + .54 insurance which covers plastics.

I did not get new alloys or tyres, as it comes with decent tyres i found no noise whatsoever, bridgestone H/T 265/65/17. I was planning on Lenso 18" alloys with yokohama 285/60/18 till common sense prevailed.

Thats all for now. Posting a few pictures.
New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport! *UPDATE* Price reduced to 22.56 Lakh!-img_6623.jpg  

New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport! *UPDATE* Price reduced to 22.56 Lakh!-img_6628.jpg  

New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport! *UPDATE* Price reduced to 22.56 Lakh!-img_6631.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 5th April 2012 at 14:23. Reason: Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.
daebis is offline   (15) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 2nd April 2012, 23:14   #264

Originally Posted by daebis View Post
...Finally its here and i got it yesterday, April Fools day, guess one is - paying that much money and without even a test drive buying a car, only a fool would!!!

Me... I had to drive it to a Mandi (agriculutral), picked up pesticides and some fertilizer put it in the back of my new car,
Congrats on the newest car in the block! Hope we get to see your ownership thread soon!

Fertilizers at the back of a 25L car?? Man, I don't let my mom keep fish & vegetables in my 6L Swift!
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2012, 00:01   #265

Having said that Its a Pajero!
Congratulations to you and your friend.

Probably one of the first Pajero S in Chandigarh. Awesome. The name Pajero in Punjab is enough to put a freakin smile on anyone's face and by anyone, I mean ANYONE .

I had to drive it to a Mandi (agriculutral), picked up pesticides and some fertilizer put it in the back of my new car
Reminds me of an old song "Socheya si oh hath jodke gal jaange mann, yaar tere ne gaddi le li triple zero one, ni vich Pajero De...."

Will look forward to an initial ownership report. Wish you miles of happiness.

Take Care and drive safe
Gaurav
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2012, 00:36   #266

Having said that Its a Pajero!
Who cares if they did not let me test drive it.

I did not get new alloys or tyres, as it comes with decent tyres i found no noise whatsoever, bridgestone H/T 265/65/17.... i was planning on Lenso 18" alloys with yokohama 285/60/18... till common sense prevailed...
Now that is the kind of feelings a Pajero evokes amongst all. Unbeatable.
I feel that the OEM rims and tires do justice to the vehicle and an upgrade would be required only for bling, and bling, you already have a lot since it is a very new creature on our roads and you can be sure of getting a lot of questions and eyeballs, especially in "Sadda Punjab".
Old 3rd April 2012, 00:42   #267

Spotted a white Pajero sport saturday night at the Shimla highway near Zirakpur. Looks better than the Fortuner IMO, I was in fact quite surprised to see the Pajero so soon after the launch. Not sure if it was the same one daebis bought. But at least from the exterior I am convinced that the price tag is justified whether it's a worthy competitor to the Fortuner, well I guess we'll have to wait for the Team-BHP review for that!

Hi...
me again,
Finally its here and i got it yesterday.....
Congrats mate, can you provide a few more details, would be quite insightful especially since you have already experienced the Captiva before?
Old 3rd April 2012, 07:54   #268

I am new to this forum ie to say not many posts...
So how does one go about this ownership thread.

@avisidhu What insights would you like, nope wasnt me on shimla -zirakpur highway.

Am gonna be travelling alot from 5th to 9th... so let me give you a good feed back on my way back.

My dad has a montero so i can compare the two even though they are different bracket...

I have had a bolero, 2 scorpios and a captiva in the last 8-9 years.. so will try and compare without taking anything away from the others.

Amarjot
Old 3rd April 2012, 11:45   #269

Fertilizers at the back of a 25L car?? Man, I don't let my mom keep fish & vegetables in my 6L Swift!
Ummm, why have a SUV with all the boot space (especially with the rear seats folded) if you don't use it?

I often have to carry fish, many kgs of meat for my dogs etc. The rubber mat comes in handy. And have many times carried firewood at the back. Just put a tarpaulin or old bedsheet + some old newspapers first, and you are all set to carry dirty stuff. And then drive fast with all the windows rolled down for sometime so that the smell goes away.

Awesome! I LOVED IT! Can actually the car be thrown rough like shown in the video? It will be amazing if indeed we can do it.
Nice video, but all tough 4X4 SUVs can be thrown about like that.

Some of us do it once in a while. But then again, we are wise enough to pick fresh flowers and not worry about the flowers getting stale (and so be forced to do silly things like driving fast down a slope or not waiting for the sheep to cross and taking a route through water instead).

Edit: mods, can you merge this post with the previous one?

Last edited by noopster : 3rd April 2012 at 12:46. Reason: Posts merged
nilanjanray is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2012, 16:55   #270

i am trying to figure out if I can purchase an SFX before the end of April (this will be my last chance to buy new one) but I have to tell you, as much as I want the SFX, the T-fort like power, the much much superior second row seat, the excellent stowability-for-luggage-space of the third row and the better than SFX driver's ergonomics are making me think that I would be mad to buy a Pajero SFX in this day and age.