Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2012, 09:36   #316
BHPian

re: New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport! *UPDATE* Price reduced to 22.56 Lakh!

The rexton is based on the first generatio mercedes ML which was not a true off roader, unlike the pajero, montero, pajero sport, and fortuner. If you will not BR doing heavy offroading, it is likely the rexton will be the best choice because unless they has screwed up it should have superior on road ride, handling, steering and braking than the Trey off roaders. And We know how many SUVs actually do serious offroading. Vanishingly few.
Old 22nd October 2012, 12:32   #317
BHPian

The news release says the local content will increase to 30%. Would the pundits comment on how long this typically/rationally takes (baking in that this is Mitsu we are talking about) ?
i am though a little surprised that they did not take that long to reach 14%, again by Mitsu standards that is.
i am assuming an increase would lead to further price cut.

i am looking for an SUV, but not in a tearing hurry. Can wait for 7-8 months.
Old 23rd October 2012, 09:12   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Mitsubishi announces a reduced price of Rs. 22.56 Lakhs (ex-showroom New Delhi). The Pajero Sport officially rolls out of the assembly line from its plant in Currently, components like the tyre, battery, window glass, seat belts, lamps, wiper assembly, alloy wheels & headlining are localized. The localization ratio is about 14%, but will go up to 30% by the next fiscal year.
Good gowung from Mitsubishi, but still a pricy toy. Another concern is the after sales service which as per the current owners borders on being pathetic (this is from the mouth my friends who own Montero, Pajero, & Cedia)
Old 23rd October 2012, 11:41   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Mitsubishi announces a reduced price of Rs. 22.56 Lakhs (ex-showroom New Delhi). The Pajero Sport officially rolls out of the assembly line from its plant in Tiruvallur.
Wont this mean that the registration and other taxes will reduce as I believe the CBU registration and taxes are way higher as you have always mentioned to note on CBU vehicle official test drives.

If yes, this should translate to near 4+ lakhs OTR deduction. Isnt the price now exactly head -on with the Fortuner 4*4 MT
Old 23rd October 2012, 14:26   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
New dealership in Bangalore opening up. SVR motors is opening it's showroom on Richmond road near Shoolay circle on the corner of Kings road.
Finally Bangalore gets a dealership after a long time!!It has been some time after the last dealership Auto Pacifica shut shop!

They opened one recently in Mangalore too!!Guess they have finally woken up to the market!
Old 17th February 2013, 20:33   #321
BHPian

Re: New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport! *UPDATE* Price reduced to 22.56 Lakh!

Has anyone got any further dealer discount on booking the Pajero Sport?

Any idea if the company is planning to reduce the prices further after higher localisation as they had mentioned when they reduced prices in October?
Old 17th February 2013, 22:16   #322
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Everyone goes gaga over the Pajero/Montero Dakar wins - that Mitsubishi has very successfully marketed and leveraged (I am a marketer, so can admire their Dakar referencing like the Bush Iraq war/WMD repetition). Guess which category the wins were in? T1 - the heavily modified category. Even a Mini wins with heavy mods :-)

And guess who has the highest number of stock vehicle (T2 category) wins or placements?

Makes me glad that I opted for the big T.
Why hasn't Toyota registered wins in the T1 and similarly why hasn't Mitsubishi won in T2?

We see things the way we see it. In no way, either the Pajero Sport or the Fortuner are less capable than each other across various aspects.

Pajero Sport does deserve better sales though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Yes, the Sport sells more than the Fortuner in a couple of other SE Asian markets as well. While overall the Fortuner outsells the Sport by a huge margin including in overlanding/ offroading-focused markets such as S. Africa.

The Pajero - Dakar association is overhyped and milked too much. Pajero has had success in the T1 category - heavily modded category. FYI, even a Mini has had success in the T1 category

Toyota has ruled the T2 category - stock vehicles. What we use everyday.
Yes, even I do root for a TD report. The Official one
Old 18th February 2013, 11:00   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

Why hasn't Toyota registered wins in the T1 and similarly why hasn't Mitsubishi won in T2?

We see things the way we see it. In no way, either the Pajero Sport or the Fortuner are less capable than each other across various aspects.

Pajero Sport does deserve better sales though.

Yes, even I do root for a TD report. The Official one
And Mitsubishi India doing marketing using Dakar fame? I thought they don't have marketing/ advt. Deptt. When have we seen last advertisement on tv, newspaper etc. still thinking na ...

Last edited by avimal : 18th February 2013 at 11:02.
Old 27th May 2013, 18:15   #324
BHPian

Now that a facelift has been launched in Indonesia, is there a possibility of the same coming to India as well? Pajero Sport is a good SUV but does not look great from rear and also lacks equipment when compared to T-Fort like rear camera, navigation etc.

Here is the news : http://www.thecardriving.com/read/66...ally-unveiled/
Old 21st August 2014, 14:52   #325
BHPian

Question for Pajero Sport owners, does it have Seat Belt Warning?

Mod Note: Please SEARCH before starting a new thread on topics that have been discussed before. Merged your post into an existing Pajero Sport thread.

Hi guys, need some help. I recently sent in my Pajero Sport for 30k kms service. At the time of leaving the car for service, I mentioned that the seat belt warning light had stopped functioning. At some time later in the day, I got a call from the service adviser and he mentioned that the Pajero Sport did not come with a seat belt warning light. I took his word for it as I was in office and did not have time to research it and asked him to send the car back post service. Once I got back home, I checked the owners manual and found reference to the seat belt warning lamp in 2 places. At this time, I called back the service adviser and he again said that the Pajero Sport did not come with a seat belt warning light. He also said, while I was on the call, that he checked with other vehicles, including a new one that they had in the showroom and none of them had a seat belt warning light. I also wrote to Mitsu on their India website but was not surprised to not hear back from them. I distinctly remember seeing the seat belt warning light earlier and now it is not working, can someone please confirm (with pictures, if possible) so that I can talk to the dealer and service center to get this sorted on my car? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by noopster : 21st August 2014 at 15:03. Reason: Refer mod note inline
Old 21st August 2014, 14:58   #326
BHPian

Re: Question for Pajero Sport owners, does it have Seat Belt Warning?

You may want to check
http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=77321

There are some images of the instrument cluster. Maybe will help.
Old 25th November 2014, 18:11   #327
BHPian

It seems MITSUBISHI is making a sincere effort to publicise the Pajero Sport AT. They are marking their presence by displaying the car at malls and giving ads everywhere.
The launch of Pajero Sport AT has certainly become a cause of worry for Toyota, they have displayed the fortuner next to Pajero at the same mall. Haven't seen any Toyota except the Etios siblings being displayed at Malls till date
Good job Mitsubishi
Attached Thumbnails
New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport! *UPDATE* Price reduced to 22.56 Lakh!-img_20141124_195834.jpg  

Mr.mitsuvolk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 08:30   #328
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
I distinctly remember seeing the seat belt warning light earlier and now it is not working, can someone please confirm (with pictures, if possible) so that I can talk to the dealer and service center to get this sorted on my car?
The Pajero Sport indeed has a seat belt warning light on the dashboard in red color.

Please contact your service advisor and have it rectified. Holler out to me in case the issue is not closed to your satisfaction.
Old 27th November 2014, 15:33   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
The Pajero Sport indeed has a seat belt warning light on the dashboard in red color.

Please contact your service advisor and have it rectified. Holler out to me in case the issue is not closed to your satisfaction.
Thanks for this devdath but I had also posted in a another thread here and others owners posted photos of their dashboard where they mentioned that they do not have a seatbelt warning light. I then did not chase up the dealer to get it rectified, it would be great if you can give me a photo which shows the seatbelt warning light. Thanks again.
Old 30th January 2016, 19:10   #330
BHPian

An UpdateMitsubishi Pajero Sport Limited Edition launched in India , priced at Rs 25.60 lakhs.

1. Available in both manual and automatic versions.
2. The limited edition Pajero Sport gets some external cosmetic updates -
a. Titanium grey alloys.
b. Limited Edition badging on the exterior.
c. Added chrome garnishing on the exterior.
3. Available in the following new dual-tone colour options - blue and white,
black and white, yellow and white, and red and white.
4. Two other shades named Golden Beige and Clove Brown
5. Eight-litre refrigerator.
6. Two DVD screens for rear occupants.

However, the Pajero Sport limited edition gets no mechanical changes.

Source : http://overdrive.in/news/mitsubishi-...rs-25-60-lakh/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks