Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2010, 14:48   #61
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

current pajero 2.8 vs Endy is a no brainer in terms of which will win! Pajero's off road DNA is hardwired into the system and though old-ish it would be preferred to the Endy by the majority, provided the pricing is right as you said.

HM/ Mitsu are so antediluvian in their marketing approach and reactions to market dynamics, that it will be a month of sundays before they do anything
and on the other side their mama company HM is approaching BIFR.

end of the day the poor chaps simply lack the financial/ investment muscle that their competitors have and hence, have been steadily losing ground these last few years since the competition started really hotting up in the space in which they operate.

today it is sad but neither the lancer nor the pajero even enter into the consideration of the majority. even the fate of the new outlander appears to be hanging on for dear life by a mere thread, to the appeal of its "jetfighter" nose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I think this is a great approach. Price the current Pajero 2.8 to fight the Ford Endy at about 18 lakhs and use the Sport with the 3.2 DID to fight the Fortuner. But frankly this is all wishful thinking. I expect these Bozos at HM to screw this one up royally.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 5th May 2010 at 14:50.
Old 11th December 2010, 04:30   #62
BHPian

re: New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport! *UPDATE* Price reduced to 22.56 Lakh!

So any update on this car?
When is it being launched and at what price point?
Thanks
Old 11th December 2010, 05:31   #63
BHPian

I don't this is in the cards of HM-Mitsubishi, if so they would have show cased this in the Mumbai Auto Show. I guess only evo-x as of now.
Old 11th December 2010, 08:14   #64
Senior - BHPian

Its high time the Pajero gets replaced by a new model, it was indeed getting very long in the teeth.
Anyways this one looks very similar to the outlander and wonder how they are going to price the same . My guess it should be priced between the montero and the devastating looking outlander.
Old 13th December 2010, 10:37   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphin1 View Post
So any update on this car?
When is it being launched and at what price point?
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by camchennai View Post
I don't this is in the cards of HM-Mitsubishi, if so they would have show cased this in the Mumbai Auto Show. I guess only evo-x as of now.
Its definitely comming. We know HM is slow at doing stuff. It should be launched by march-arpil 2011. The car will come in as a CKD, which is why HM is still working on assembly line and also the specifications. The problem is they have a 2.5 diesel which has less pwer then Fortuners 2.8L diesel? if I am not wrong and then they have a 3.2 DI-D of Montero, which can compete with the fortuners diesel and has more power.

if they plant a 2.4 the vehicle will be underpowered just the way current Pajero is and if they plant a 3.2 DI-D, it will be difficult to price the car to compete with fortuner. Lastly, HM also plans to get montero through CKD route, hence, if it plants the 3.2 DID in pajero, core competencies of Montero are hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Its high time the Pajero gets replaced by a new model, it was indeed getting very long in the teeth.
Anyways this one looks very similar to the outlander and wonder how they are going to price the same . My guess it should be priced between the montero and the devastating looking outlander.
They are losing a hell lot of business in metropolitan cities where the Pajero is no longer available due to emission norms.

I also believe, it should be priced over outlander.

I also saw a UN number pajero sport import last month at mitsui dealership.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2130079

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 13th December 2010 at 10:55.
Old 13th December 2010, 10:45   #66
Senior - BHPian

Guys, we are looking for a new SUV. The fortuner seems overpriced for what it offers & biggest put off is the waiting period.

We wish the outlander was available with diesel engine? is that coming anytime soon?

any tentative launch dates of the pajero sport? any reviews on it?
Old 19th December 2010, 19:31   #67
Senior - BHPian

We are anxiously waiting for this car to launch & the first reviews to appear.

We were looking at the Fortuner or Santa Fe but both are not available (bookings closed) & waiting period is too long.

So our next best option is soon to be launched Pajero sport or Mahindra W201.

I want Mitsu to price paj sport within 23 lakhs, on-road in mumbai & i want the following features-

160+ bhp diesel engine
three row seating
individual AC vents for all 3 rows
ACC
automatic wipers
ABS + EBD
2 airbags (more the merrier!)
powered ORVMs with electric retract
17" alloys
comfortable second row seats
rockford fosgate ICE like in Outlander would be a bonus!

being a Mitsu, i am sure the ride & handling would be good, if not the best.
Old 19th December 2010, 23:24   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Last week I saw two fully undisguised brand new Pajero Sport Pick-ups on NH-2,near Durgapur.Both vehicles were running on temp WB plates.Not sure if they were bought down for testing purposes by HM-Mitsubishi or as private imports.Sorry,couldn't snap them.Here are a couple of pics from the net for reference.

Attachment 343267

Attachment 343268

Edit:The vehicles I saw were single cab pick-ups.
mitsubishi vehicles cant be compared with toyota vehicles. poles apart!

i chose toyota hilux over mitsubishi L200 pick up truck because MMC offered 3 years 60000 km warranty vc TMC 3 year 100,000km warranty!

and coming back to the topic, im surprised that phased out 3rd gen is still being sold in india by MMC, pajero sport hasnt done well in the gulf and i expect a similar result in india market.
Old 20th December 2010, 00:05   #69
Senior - BHPian

wb plates could indicate that the vehicles maybe for export to bhutan etc..
Old 20th December 2010, 07:14   #70
BHPian

For one thing - This is definitely not going to be launched in mid 2010. On a serious note, I called Mits Blr and they do not have an ETA. I presented myself as a potential customer to avail some intel. These guys have no clue as to when this might ever reach our shores. Apparently, it is sold in UAE, KSA and other arab nations. I am not sure about this.

I guess the launch of this vehicle will motivate Toyota management to redesign the Fortuner's interior.

Personally, I will never be interested in this vehicle as long as Mitsubishi is going to affiliated with HM.
Old 20th December 2010, 08:58   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
and coming back to the topic, im surprised that phased out 3rd gen is still being sold in india by MMC, pajero sport hasnt done well in the gulf and i expect a similar result in india market.
thats sad. any specific reason why the sport has not done well?

if you have an idea, can you tell me whether it has separate AC vents for the second row? I know there are AC vents for the 3rd row, but i could not see any for the 2nd row.
Old 20th December 2010, 09:08   #72
Senior - BHPian

The PAJERO has been having its sheen worn off after it stopped participating the the 'PARIS-DAKKAR'. Now, even the 'PARIS-DAKAR' does not exist

I've heard a lot of them say that the PAJERO reached its peak/perfection with the ladder-on-chassis they sell alongwith HM. What HM should do is try and buy the dies of this vehicle and localise it to compete with the SAFARI and SCORPIO instead of taking on the ENDEAVOUR and the FORTUNER
Old 20th December 2010, 19:00   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
I've heard a lot of them say that the PAJERO reached its peak/perfection with the ladder-on-chassis they sell alongwith HM. What HM should do is try and buy the dies of this vehicle and localise it to compete with the SAFARI and SCORPIO instead of taking on the ENDEAVOUR and the FORTUNER
Pajero is a very good vehicle. However, in the Indian market it is priced way too high compared to the competition. Given how old the platform is they should price it sub 15 Lakhs and I feel it will eat into the sales of the Scorpio & Safari. As the sales numbers prove, Pajero cannot effectively compete with the Ford Endy & Fortuner.
Old 21st April 2011, 19:55   #74
BHPian

Update:Most probably launch in end 2011!!

Guys few days back had gone to Mitsubishi authorised service center at Mangalore and i was surprised to see this there!

I enquired with the service personnel and he told that they were expecting the launch in September 2011 but due to the tsunami hitting Japan, it could be delayed to around November.he said pricing will be around 17-18lakhs-he was quick to point out it will be anyway cheaper than the Fortuner which is obviously its main target!

However i do not know how sure his words are-most probably he was just guessing the figures and the launch dates

I doubt Toyota will be worried-unless Mitsubishi increases their dealer network and service centers not many of these will be on the road!!
Attached Thumbnails
New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport! *UPDATE* Price reduced to 22.56 Lakh!-20042011231.jpg  

carfreak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2011, 21:02   #75
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

if indeed this new Paj comes in at the prices being speculated it will add one more animal to the jungle out there - priced in that range. that price segment is becoming steadily and hopelessly overcrowded indeed.

Im sure by now those old Pajero dies etc would be fully depreciated so why dont they simply reduce the price of the Pajero SFX and take the fight to the Scorp and Safari? If one had the option of the Paj SFX at a fairer price than now, there's lots of people who would choose it over the other abovementioned vehicles! Paj is a proven beast and tough as nails. If priced lower it would offer superb value.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks