Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2011, 12:13   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spied! *UPDATE* Uncovered pics on Pg.6

Now the rear view mirror too matches the Pajero Sports ! That was one of the major points for me and I really could not buy it was the t-fort itself. And was thinking where is the hood scoop as well in the spy pic.
Old 10th August 2011, 12:57   #92
Senior - BHPian

Vid thats a superb match. just few days back was checking out the pajero sport on websites abroad and news about its dismal sales in UAE and a lot of quantity lying around without sales. got me wondering when the snap came as to how the t-fort got such high arches with the bonnet scoop missing and antenna on the top. this clears the mist.

Last edited by parsh : 10th August 2011 at 12:59.
Old 10th August 2011, 13:27   #93
MAS
Senior - BHPian

@Vid, Good match.

The scoop pic did not look as massive as the New Fortuner. There were tell-tale differences like the missed air-scoop, the headlights are longer and the alloys + ORVM indicators were different. But i could never tag it to the New Pajero Sport.

Does it call for "demerging" the scoop and putting it as a separate thread?
Old 10th August 2011, 14:06   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

re: New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport! *UPDATE* Price reduced to 22.56 Lakh!

Note from Moderator: Scoop pic and related posts moved to this thread as the camouflaged SUV has been positively identified as Mitsubishi Pajero Sport. Please continue the discussion here.
Old 10th August 2011, 14:10   #95
Senior - BHPian

According to sources, 45 of these have already reached the chennai plant. Work for upgrading assembly lines (earlier for lancer, cedia) is in progress and assembly should start in December. The car will be on sale after its launch in Auto expo in January. I was told that these are 2.5 L diesel and not the 3.2 from montero.

Edit: I saw this import pajero sport last year at asian motors with UN number plate. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2130079

I spot this vehicle often, around chanakya puri and vasant vihar..

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 10th August 2011 at 14:23.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2011, 22:43   #96
BANNED

I had seen a test mule SUV on Bombay Pune Highway near Lonavla which looked like what you have clicked here on August 10 around 12.30pm. It also had projectors in headlights and was MH registered .
Old 7th November 2011, 12:11   #97
BHPian

Was speaking to Mitsubishi sales folks on Sat and it's clear that Pajero Sport will be launched in Jan in India.

It will house CRDI engine generating 150ps and priced ~30 Lacs. They also plan to have a AT option in Pajero Sport.
Old 7th November 2011, 14:31   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshramaling View Post
Was speaking to Mitsubishi sales folks on Sat and it's clear that Pajero Sport will be launched in Jan in India.

It will house CRDI engine generating 150ps and priced ~30 Lacs. They also plan to have a AT option in Pajero Sport.
30 Lacs? Why do they feel the need to operate in India? Who is going to buy this car at 30L? Wake up Mitsubishi before HM takes you down with itself.
Old 7th November 2011, 22:33   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
30 Lacs? Why do they feel the need to operate in India? Who is going to buy this car at 30L? Wake up Mitsubishi before HM takes you down with itself.
Exactly 30 lakhs seems a bit too steep for a car that should have arrived ages ago .
It seems all this car would do is add more sales to its competetion such as toyota fortuner and the likes that are available for under 25 lakhs .
Old 7th November 2011, 23:36   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg

Don't think anyone in HM or Mitsu is listening. They have let a brilliant car like Cedia to dogs with bad pricing which is a bigger tragedy than Fiat's blindness to *** woes. They are happy selling 300-350 cars a month.
Old 8th November 2011, 12:00   #101
Senior - BHPian

The Pajero Sport and Fortuner are head to head competitors in most countries - and in most markets the Fortuner outsells the Sports. I wonder which brilliant mind thought of making the vehicle more 6-7L expensive than the Fortuner - are they being masochistic?
Old 8th November 2011, 13:28   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Often in the forum I have seen folks blame HM for this non-profitable relationship. But what about Mitsubishi? Any agreement will provide for a termination clause and settlement. Why doesn't Mitsubishi walk away from this even if HM wants to continue? Mitsubishi knows in the long term not exploiting the growing Indian market is a losing proposition and can do the back-of-envelope as well as we can.

Any lights on this?

Thanks,
Old 8th November 2011, 15:13   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
Often in the forum I have seen folks blame HM for this non-profitable relationship. But what about Mitsubishi? Any agreement will provide for a termination clause and settlement. Why doesn't Mitsubishi walk away from this even if HM wants to continue? Mitsubishi knows in the long term not exploiting the growing Indian market is a losing proposition and can do the back-of-envelope as well as we can.

Any lights on this?

Thanks,
+1. I totally blame Mitsubishi for this too. As the famour old proverb go that you cannot clap with just one hand right? Mitsubishi is equally at fault. I own a petrol Lancer which is now almost a decade old and I am still in no mood to part ways with it. Its such a fantastic vehicle. You can read similar stuff on the forum about all the other 3 cars that they sell here ie the Cedia, Pajero and the outlander ( not taking Montero in the equation). They make good cars, period. But they are just not serious about the Indian market.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2011, 20:16   #104
BHPian

I was at Excel Motors today and saw a circular which stated that SA's would undergo training for the Pajero Sport in January. As far as I remember, it was between the 10th and the 19th.
Expected price is around the 24l mark. That's not bad, is it?
Old 20th December 2011, 23:57   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
Expected price is around the 24l mark. That's not bad, is it?
The question is "what is it competing with" and what's the competitor pricing? To me, it's a head on game with Fortuner. And let's not forget that new Fortuner will come in with a lower priced 2WD from January. So do the new Pajero stand a chance against that ? Also let's not forget that Mitsubishi's A$$ reach is NOT as wide as Toyota. Getting this car as a CBU will mean higher cost of servicing as well right ? So where "exactly" does the new Pajero have an edge over Fortuner?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks