Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2012, 08:40   #166
BHPian

re: New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport! *UPDATE* Price reduced to 22.56 Lakh!

Man I hope hope hope they price this one sensibly if it is going to go up to the 27-28 lac mark, I really doubt it will find mass market appeal. Only the Germans can command those figures in our market.

Judging the interiors, it is not that far of from the Fortuner, I was under the impression that interiors will be better.

Lets wait and see what happens at the launch today, if pricing and interiors are OK, I will be the first in line at the Mitsubishi dealership
Old 12th March 2012, 09:25   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

From the pictures above the dash looks still outdated and worse than the Fortuner's. I am not sure how many people would put there money on this. Even from the outside it looks like a mixture of many cars and lacks any USP of its own.
Old 12th March 2012, 11:56   #168
Senior - BHPian

Breaking: Mitsubishi Pajero Sport launched at Rs 23.53 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi)

God Save Mitsubishi
dkaile is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 12:14   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

ACI brings in this launch detail.
Quote:
Breaking: Mitsubishi Pajero Sport launched at Rs 23.53 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scofield View Post
Whereas pajero has very well balanced ride and ride quality is better then fortuner by great margin and the look is legendary.It has been tightly tuck better as compared to Fortuner.
The statement was based on price premium quoted over Fortuner. What I have heard is even the Pajero SFX becomes bumpy on bad roads even though ride is better than Fortuner. So I expect the Pajero Sport to be in a similar manner and NOT offer substantial improvement. I would like to be proved wrong though! Still trying to find a reason for the extra bucks charged over Fortuner.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 12th March 2012 at 12:15.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 12:15   #170
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post

God Save Mitsubishi
I feel it is decent competition to the Fortuner now. It has more power, more torque and a couple of lacs here and there would not really pinch people in that segment since it has a lot more pedigree and charm than the Fortuner.
If the SFX can sell at 20+ lac, the Sport will certainly sell at 23 lacs.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 12:33   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Well, you have a point. But why have I the feeling that Mitsubishi wants to wind up its Indian operations, and blame it on Indian customers, buy such goofed up launches and price revisions- first the Pajero & Pajero 3.2, then an outlander at CRV prices, an even more expensive chrome edition of the same, Lancer successor launched with a stupid moniker (Cedia- what's that?) without a Diesel, slashing prices like they're on clearance sale, the EVO (which was one of the original "sleeper" cars which offered exotic performance at family saloon prices) at a price which even the German trio would think twice before asking, and a Fortuner competitor at a premium! When the Indian market says no to these, they can say : "Look, the market is biased against us", and take a walk.

Edit: If they would have priced it between the Endeavour and the Fortuner, then the story would have been different, IMO.

Last edited by Yeldo : 12th March 2012 at 12:35.
Yeldo is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 12:42   #172
Senior - BHPian

IMO they should have priced sports around a lakh less as introductory price and increase the same when they gather some market share. Specification wise it may be better than fortuner but HM will have hard time selling her.

Don't know how HM people do business. Now can we expect some price cuts in old pajero SFX ?

After budget the prices will further shoot up by 1.5-2 lakhs more which will take pajero sport in 30 lakhs OTR bracket, not VFM in my opinion.

Cheers
Sameer
Old 12th March 2012, 12:55   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It definitely can sell, the question is how many! Fortuner sells almost 1000 units where Pajero SFX sells 150 odd and other SUVs in the bracket have similar figures or lesser. If Pajero Sport is a CBU, that's going to reflect in the service costs too. If I am not wrong, even the SFX has service costs much higher than that of Fortuner. It will be nice if we get to see the company's predictions on the sales.

Edit
::
Quote:
... since it has a lot more pedigree and charm than the Fortuner.
I guess the pedigree will ONLY matter to those hard core fans and not the entire customer base looking at a 20L SUV. When 80% of those lot don't even bother to take their cars off the road, how can it help Mitsubishi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
Edit: If they would have priced it between the Endeavour and the Fortuner, then the story would have been different, IMO.
Well said, the trick is to "introduce" the car as a VFM option and hike the price based on the demand and get better margins. The "Fortuner" case study should have been enough as a proof.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 12th March 2012 at 13:01. Reason: Adding "Edit" portion
Old 12th March 2012, 13:06   #174
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
Well, you have a point. But why have I the feeling that Mitsubishi wants to wind up its Indian operations, and blame it on Indian customers, buy such goofed up launches and price revisions-
Mitsubishi has never done, what it should have, in India, which is the reason for the current state of affairs. However, I feel that the comparative pricing of the Pajero Sport is a step, in the right direction, since it is in least in the same ball park as its competitors.

Also, the Sport should certainly do better numbers than the SFX going by this pricing and specifications which are, on paper, better than the Fortuner.

Is this their last step? Only time will tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
It definitely can sell, the question is how many! Fortuner sells almost 1000 units where Pajero SFX sells 150 odd and other SUVs in the bracket have similar figures or lesser. If Pajero Sport is a CBU, that's going to reflect in the service costs too. If I am not wrong, even the SFX has service costs much higher than that of Fortuner. It will be nice if we get to see the company's predictions on the sales.
Predicting numbers at the moment is slightly dicey since it has not been driven, in India, yet. Also, if it sells around 200 units a month, say, 6 months down the line, Mitsubishi might wake up and begin its assembly too.

Comparing the Sport with the SFX in terms of sales figures is not appropriate since the SFX, ideally, should not sell new at all, going by its stone age tech, performance and design, yet it sells.
Old 12th March 2012, 14:44   #175
BHPian

My God, these guys killed it, 2.5 lakh above Fortuner for an untried product is plain stupid in my opinion.

I just cant see anything which can make me convince my parents to spend the extra money for this.

I guess Fortuner it is then for us, I will finally finish my rant with a DAMN YOU MITSU
Old 12th March 2012, 15:01   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Found this video too in IAB about the Pajero Sport.

Edit::

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
I just cant see anything which can make me convince my parents to spend the extra money for this.
If you could do a TD & then let us know about a small comparo [assuming you have already TD'ed Fortuner], that would be great!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 12th March 2012 at 15:03. Reason: Adding "Edit" portion
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 15:09   #177
BHPian

If they market it well then i'm sure they can manage decent sales.

Anyway, here's the website. It's functional now.
Mitsubishi Pajero Sport| SUV Car India | Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Prices, Performance, Specifications, Colors, Downloads
sukrit7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 15:14   #178
Team-BHP Support

They say they want to release more models to India.

Mitsubishi Plans to Introduce More Vehicles in India - WSJ.com

Lets hope its the RVR!
Old 12th March 2012, 15:14   #179
BHPian

Pajero Sport Launched

The new Pajero Sport was launched today @ INR 23.53lakhs ex-delhi. BS Motoring carried the below article today.

Mitsubishi-HM have launched their latest-generation Pajero Sport here in New Delhi and it seems, at least for the moment, the company is content with a single variant for now. However, this is quite against the fabric, given how Toyota recently reset its Fortuner positioning by launching not one, but two additional variants; even an automatic.
For starters, the new Mitsubishi Pajero Sport comes priced at Rs 23.53 lakh, ex-showroom, New Delhi. What do you get for all that effort? Well, a 2477cc, inline, four-cylinder common-rail diesel motor that produces not 135 bhp, but a healthy 175 bhp at 4000 rpm and an equally impressive 40.4 kgm@2000-2500 rpm. And it's nearly as well equipped as its fellow-Japanese rival. You get Mitsubishi's renowned Super Select 4WD and a 5-speed manual gearbox to help you tackle most on and off-road situations.
The Pajero Sport rides on 17-inch alloys, wrapped by 265/65 R17 rubber. On the inside, the car comes loaded with driver and passenger-side airbags, leather seats, leather wrapped steering with audio controls and leather wrapped gear knob and four-wheel drive selector, an MP3 player with a USB slot, a multi-trip function that displays the altimeter, barometer, outside temperature, fuel information and audio display, automatic climate control for the fron passengers and manually operable blower controls at the rear, a 60:40 split central row and 50:50 split third row.
Additionally, the kit also includes projector headlamps with self-levelling, chrome door handles, rear parking sensors, ABS & EBD with brake boosters, rear wash wiper and defogger and a choice of six body colours. The Pajero Sport follows the tradition of the outgoing Pajero of being a capable off-roader, thanks to its 36 degree approach angle, 23 degree break-over and 25 degree departure angles.
ALERT: The Pajero Sport is currently available as a CBU and will co-exist with the current Pajero SFX until September 2012, when the SFX will be phased out. By then, the Pajero Sport's local assembly operations will begin. We expect prices of the Pajero Sport to drop even further then. Keep watching this space for more updates.

Link to the article is as below

Pajero Sports starts at Rs 23.53 lakh, ex-showroom, New Delhi
Old 12th March 2012, 15:44   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post

God Save Mitsubishi
You are right, it will never catch up to the Fortuner and with the new Endevour also in the horizon, god save it.

It will be like the Cedia

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks