Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2012, 10:01   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77

Exactly! I was recently passing by Atria Mall, Worli and thought I'll check out the Pajero sport (general curiousity not potential purchaser) and was surprised to see the Motorrad showroom where the Mitsu showroom used to be.

Then checked Mitsu india website and the dealer detail still shows Atria Mall as the address on the website (as of 5 mins ago I can add)

Does anyone know where the Mitsubishi showroom in South Bombay is relocated?
There is none if Atria is closed. Your only options - one in Sanpada (New Mumbai) and one in Kandivali or Malad.
vishaltanksale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2012, 11:37   #242
Senior - BHPian

re: New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport! *UPDATE* Price reduced to 22.56 Lakh!

The website shows dealerships in Malad, Anderi, Santacruz & Navi Mumbai.
Old 16th March 2012, 14:26   #243
BHPian

Looks like the Bangalore showroom, Auto Pacifica is closed/verge of closing. I called and asked for a test drive and they said that they will not be dealing with Mitsu anymore....so basically no showroom in Bangalore.
Old 16th March 2012, 16:49   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Looks like the Bangalore showroom, Auto Pacifica is closed/verge of closing. I called and asked for a test drive and they said that they will not be dealing with Mitsu anymore....so basically no showroom in Bangalore.
I heard too and looks like SVR Motors (current service partner to Mitsubishi) have submitted a proposal to set up sales dealership here in Bangalore.
Old 16th March 2012, 17:07   #245
BHPian

mits dealers are very upset with hindustan motors which is completely unresponsive to what dealers need it to do vis-a-vis marketing, product strategy, pricing, etc to help them sell mitsubishi vehicles.

its hardly surprising that some of them would be moving out the franchise. one dealer has taken up renault and no doubt he will make much more out of renault than he does out of mitsubishi
Old 16th March 2012, 17:19   #246
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
I really never understood Auto Pacifica's logic in taking up the franchise n the first place
Old 16th March 2012, 18:03   #247
BHPian

Southern Motors. Lathangi Mitsubishi. Auto pacifica. All closed down?
Old 19th March 2012, 16:51   #248
BHPian

With the further increase in tax for CBUs, it seems that the Pajero Sport is a dead duck with its 23L + 2/3L price.
Wonder what HM was thinking when they priced this car to this atmospheric levels ?
If any Old gen Pajero fans, if any ?
princey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2012, 18:02   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by princey View Post
With the further increase in tax for CBUs, it seems that the Pajero Sport is a dead duck with its 23L + 2/3L price.
Wonder what HM was thinking when they priced this car to this atmospheric levels ?
If any Old gen Pajero fans, if any ?
Pajero is a Pajero, but at this cost it is better to let it pass.
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2012, 15:06   #250
BHPian

I just finished reading alot of stuff written about the P.sport and yet hardly anyone has driven it...
My two bit-

Buying a mitsubishi imo-

1. crappiest dealer ship network, people who have been supported for years by the govt. of india, by buying ambassadors... are trying to sell the not soccer mom suvs but some of the hardiest SUVs (from my experience) that exist.

2. i also feel the mitsubishi pricing team is on the payroll of toyota.

Having said that..

1. My generation in Punjab/Haryana/ Some in Delhi grew up dreaming of the word "Pajero".... none of the dealers have let you take the car on the road and yet , in punjab the number of vehicles (all though small number being given to delaers), are completely booked. And i am one of them.

2. I have a 1986 model pajero just upgraded the engine and a 2005 model montero. We have taken these vehilcle to hell and back, into "Choz (rivlets which fill up during monsoons), into Fields where our tractor drivers fear to enter, down hillsides in our annual trip to the mountains (where truckers would stop and call us mad-surds) and have come out of it everytime , never ever have we been let down.

3. Size is big and like many i believe not for a city unless you wanna feel macho. But the sport has a wider wheel base to the pajero sfx and the montero but smaller in all other aspects.

4. Am so glad they r giving a shitty music system. Which manufacturer actually fits a good sounding system. Yes some even give a 7.1 channel surround and stuff but ask the guys out get installs done say from gunbir etc, they will all tell you the most expensive cars can sound ordinary even crappy infront of an after factory install is done well. eg. montero very average and they charge for the rf sound system in the pricing!!!

5. Kmpl they are claiming is 12.8, but in my life i havegot 8 from my scorpio , 9 when the crdi came out, 7 on the montero, 9 on my pajero (its ancient ), 15 on my skoda... and they all claim 3-4 above the figures i have mentioned, but then again i do drive fast... and these are highway figures.

6. I find the ps absolutely gorgeous.... its a vehicle i have been waiting for ... for 3 -4 years now. I drove one in a koh samui, absolutley loved the ride.

7. if you thought the vehicle is expensive wait till you hear the prices of the accessories.

8. it will have road presence not a doubt, it will turn heads like the evoque, it doesnt look average...

9. for people who gonna upgrade the system. There is space for 3-way comps infront approx 4-5" in kicks unless you have a huge shoe size and rest by replacing stocks from the doors.
Surprising but i may be wrong, (i took my camera and a measuring tape to the show room so can put up photos of all stupid angles i took to do my install which i do myself for my cars) the back door speakers are 7".. and the front look between 6.5" and 7".
Only a single din HU will fit unless you do alot of jugard...

10. Tyres are 17" alloys, with 265/65/R17.. bridgestone duellers.
18" will get you kumoh or yokohama in punj/haryana/chd, incase one does get any other please let me know. Yokos r a bit noisey but not bad, dont like kumoh, michellin not coming in for some time. more than 18" for me a strict no-no, compromising safety Noooooo!

11. Love the middle row not only does it recline but also slides back quite a bit when no one is using the rear seats.

Last but not the least on cost of repeating myself Its a Pajero with a new look and engine ... i grew up on the name ... and i am Excited!!! Cant wait to go to Lahaul -Spitti this year in the PS.

(lemme know if anyone wants to see detailed pics of interiors can put them up).

Thanks...
daebis is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2012, 20:14   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daebis View Post
I just finished reading alot of stuff written about the P.sport and yet hardly anyone has driven it...
(lemme know if anyone wants to see detailed pics of interiors can put them up)..
Truly spoken like a die hard Pajero fan, even I am one (though I have never owned one) even years after driving a loaned one extensively across non existant roads and river beds across Nepal in the late 90's, however when it come to spending the moolah I tend to step back (loved the Lancer and the Cedia also) just because of the pathetic service network and attitude of the HM guys.
Old 22nd March 2012, 21:13   #252
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daebis View Post
(lemme know if anyone wants to see detailed pics of interiors can put them up).
YES PLEASE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
however when it come to spending the moolah I tend to step back (loved the Lancer and the Cedia also) just because of the pathetic service network and attitude of the HM guys.
That's again the problem. A good vehicle will NOT need to go to service other than for the routine maintenance, so it's taken care of to some extent [facing the attitude of service guys]. I don't mind buying an expensive car if it's worth, but I don't want to see HUGE service bills just because the car is a CBU! I would have been OK if this car was locally manufactured and they still wanted to charge a premium, but spending too much on the service is again pushing the limits. And that's exactly where Toyota shines. An expensive car which is NOT expensive to maintain.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 22nd March 2012 at 21:15.
Old 22nd March 2012, 23:02   #253
BHPian

Lucknow dealer missing from the Mitsubishi dealer list now. Seems closed down.
Old 23rd March 2012, 10:06   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
That's again the problem. A good vehicle will NOT need to go to service other than for the routine maintenance, so it's taken care of to some extent [facing the attitude of service guys]. I don't mind buying an expensive car if it's worth, but I don't want to see HUGE service bills just because the car is a CBU! I would have been OK if this car was locally manufactured and they still wanted to charge a premium, but spending too much on the service is again pushing the limits. And that's exactly where Toyota shines. An expensive car which is NOT expensive to maintain.
I am on the same page with you on this, I know people with Cedia & Montero
who wait for ages for parts to be available in case an issue occurs.

Last edited by m_upreti : 23rd March 2012 at 10:08.
Old 23rd March 2012, 21:36   #255
Team-BHP Support

The Pajero Sport review from Autocar India:
vb-saan is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks