Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2010, 11:17   #16
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Dezire sales will not come down immediately due to long waiting period, means they already have confirmed order for next few months. Anyway it may not come down below 5K due to 'MARUTI' tag. I think Manza will settle around 4-5K per month, now a days I see lots of Manza on Bangy roads.
Same here- and its clearly a car with much more road presence than the Dezire which probably is noticed more for the ugly looks
Dezire will still sell in maruti strong holds of areas where their dealer and support network is far stronger than the rest.
Old 2nd March 2010, 11:51   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Dezire sales will not come down immediately due to long waiting period, means they already have confirmed order for next few months. Anyway it may not come down below 5K due to 'MARUTI' tag. I think Manza will settle around 4-5K per month, now a days I see lots of Manza on Bangy roads.
Remember people can always cancel the booking if they feel there is a better car elsewhere. Feel TATA has shown that if priced right a car can create a new segment in INDIA. Dzire + Manza will eat into a lot of premium hatches. In INDIA a sedan brings in a lot of prestige. And the friendly neighbourhood aunty will spread the word faster with envy if it is a sedan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Same here- and its clearly a car with much more road presence than the Dezire which probably is noticed more for the ugly looks
Dezire will still sell in maruti strong holds of areas where their dealer and support network is far stronger than the rest.
Hope Maruti and the rest in this segment react and get an even better car than the Manza.That would be perfect for everybody ain't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
That's where the numbers are settling to and probably will remain. Do not see anyone in FIAT really looking at seriously increasing those, going by the way there are still stories of apathetic attitude to requests for TD's.
This number may in fact go down if the Figo and Polo take market share away, so crucial months for FIAT Punto!( also i20 for that matter)
I am sorry but i do not agree! Went to the Concorde showroom at Bangalore Diary cricle for a linea TD (DEC 09).Had to wait for 10 min since the car was already out.Meanwhile the sales exec showed me a car which was on display.And as soon as the car was back had it ready for a TD. And i took the baby out for a "30" min spin.Try doing that at any other dealer .FIXED LOOP is what you will get. 5 min TD by Hyundai for I20,(personally these guys are extrmemly arrogant when it comes to I20) almost to the point of making you look like a fool for asking a TD. Ritz the sales exec was a lunatic who was more interested in speaking about my phone than the car the freak was supposed to sell. so for me as far TD and attitude is concerned TATA/FIat is right up there probably the best.

Last edited by kingpin1 : 2nd March 2010 at 11:51. Reason: Typos
Old 2nd March 2010, 12:03   #18
mkh
Senior - BHPian

I am sorry but i do not agree! Went to the Concorde showroom at Bangalore Diary cricle for a linea TD (DEC 09).Had to wait for 10 min since the car was already out.Meanwhile the sales exec showed me a car which was on display.And as soon as the car was back had it ready for a TD. And i took the baby out for a "30" min spin.Try doing that at any other dealer .FIXED LOOP is what you will get. 5 min TD by Hyundai for I20,(personally these guys are extrmemly arrogant when it comes to I20) almost to the point of making you look like a fool for asking a TD. Ritz the sales exec was a lunatic who was more interested in speaking about my phone than the car the freak was supposed to sell. so for me as far TD and attitude is concerned TATA/FIat is right up there probably the best.[/quote]

My observation was on asking them to come for a TD. I am still waiting for the guy to come and give me a TD on a Punto and its been 4 months. I am sure i am forgotten. My 2 other friends asked for a TD and none turned up, Hyundai guys turned up. Visiting the showroom is not always the preferred way, but yes is sure to work.
I agree some showrooms show attitude on i20, well with their nose well ahead, expected but surely not pardonable.
Old 2nd March 2010, 12:14   #19
BHPian

Maruti, Hyundai post highest-ever monthly sales in February- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

THese numbers are stagerring. Almost all the car co's seem to have had a rosy Feb. Way to go INDIA soon to be the largest car market. JAI HO lol
Old 2nd March 2010, 12:49   #20
BHPian

Quote:
again no mention of the Xenon XT from Tata. Looks like its selling in single numbers
Really sad news for all Tata Xenon fans.. Tata isn't doing much to market this product. I haven't seen even a single advertisement for this model other than few paper ads on the day of launch.
Old 2nd March 2010, 13:06   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post

Manza is selling like hot cake. Now i want to check out the Dzire sales number!
Looks like Manza is on par.

Quote:
A3 segment sales (consisting of SX4 and DZiRE) increased by 27.49 per cent to 10,254 units compared to 8,043 units in the corresponding period a year ago, the company said.
Source, the ET link pasted in the below post.
Old 2nd March 2010, 13:52   #22
BHPian

Hi, Nice info.

Can anyone provide info on Nissan's Feb Sales for Teana and X-trail,
And has somebody bought 370Z? From the dealership not import.
Old 2nd March 2010, 14:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

The segment-wise cumulative sales for the month of February for Hyundai are as follows: A2 Segment (Santro, i10, Getz & i20) 50,515 units
A3 Segment (Accent & Verna) 4,051 units
A5 Segment (Sonata Transform) 50 units
and SUV Segment (Tucson) 1 unit

Source : WheelsUnplugged.com
Old 2nd March 2010, 14:16   #24
BHPian

GM Sales news article below. No reports on Toyota/ford/Honda as of now over the web.

GM India's Feb sales at 11,111 units highest-ever in a month

GM India's Feb sales highest-ever in a monthNew Delhi, Mar 2, (PTI):
Carmaker General Motors India saw its February sales climb over two-fold to 11,111, the highest monthly sales since its inception in the country.
The company had sold 4,921 units in the same month last year, General Motors India said in a statement. "This is the first time that the company has crossed 10,000 units sales in a month since the inception of the company in India in 1996," the subsidiary of the US-based firm said in a statement today.

GM India attributed its robust growth to good demand for its two small cars -- Beat and Spark. The company sold 3,412 units of the hatchback Spark, 726 units of the sedan Cruze and 4,431 units of the latest compact car Beat in the reporting month, it added.

It also sold 411 units of premium hatchback Aveo U-Va, 420 units of the entry-level sedan Aveo, 98 units of the mid-sized sedan Optra, 1,592 units of the multi-utility vehicle Tavera and 21 units of the SUV Captiva.

"We are pleased to see such robust growth for all our car lines and we believe these world class products will further propel the Chevrolet brand in the market," GM India Vice President P Balendran said.

The company is now in the process of ramping up its production by adding a third shift at its Halol plant and av second shift at Talegaon plant to meet the increased demand, the statement said.
Old 2nd March 2010, 14:16   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin1 View Post
Dzire + Manza will eat into a lot of premium hatches. [b]In INDIA a sedan brings in a lot of prestige[/B. And the friendly neighbourhood aunty will spread the word faster with envy if it is a sedan.
We can argue about this point forever. Not everybody is obsessed with the boot, particularly in cities. When space is at a premium, premium hatches will have an edge over entry level sedan.
There is a reason why B+ segment is growing faster that other segments. More and more car makers are lining up to get a share of this segment. Have a look at how many new cars you have now in B/B+ segment since last year.
Old 2nd March 2010, 14:39   #26
BHPian

Maruti Suzuki posts highest ever monthly sales this February.

Maruti sold a total of 96,650 vehicles including exports of 11, 855 units. The doemstic sales were highest ever.

The details are attached.

Waiting for details of other manufacturers from Vasudeva and GTO.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Maruti_Suzuki_India_Ltd_020310.pdf (35.2 KB, 756 views)
Old 2nd March 2010, 15:09   #27
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Ram_NP
Hey that great sales figures by Maruti a YoY of 22% is very impressive indeed.

I have seen quite a lot of Eeco models these days, looks like Maruti has priced its C segment vehicle very well a 39.6 % increase YoY is a testimony to it.

The A2 segment comprising the Altos to Ritz have also see a growth of 20% YoY.

It will be quite interesting to see how GM, Ford & VW's small cars impact Maruti's growth story.
Old 2nd March 2010, 15:13   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
It will be quite interesting to see how GM, Ford & VW's small cars impact Maruti's growth story.
Other player's small cars seem to have minimal impact on Maruti's growth! Beat has been in market for 2 months. No change. I guess these companies will coexist in the huge market we have.
Old 2nd March 2010, 15:25   #29
BHPian

Wow these numbers are staggering. Maruti almost touching 1 Lakh. Hyundai's numbers are also stupendous. GM touching 10K is also amazing. Manza has done well for Tata but is nowhere near the Dzire numbers. I think the budget worries have given car companies a great run in February. Let's see what happens in March

All said and done, when it comes to numbers, Maruti is King.
Old 2nd March 2010, 15:26   #30
BHPian

I don't buy this, at least when it comes to domestic sales. Given the macro situation in India, it cannot be expanded at that rate. For most of the indians, car and house are two major capital out-flows. However, the data on one seems to contradicting the other. Someone in somewhere is lying for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshul_UVA View Post
Other player's small cars seem to have minimal impact on Maruti's growth! Beat has been in market for 2 months. No change. I guess these companies will coexist in the huge market we have.

Most Viewed