Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2010, 21:21   #211
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
There are different types of PS. Hopefully they are using the high quality one that does not chip easy.
Thanks for that information. Maybe it isn't so bad then.
Old 22nd May 2010, 11:05   #212
BHPian

Don't know how far it's true but got this picture in mail from the sales person showing the comparision of dimensions between Swift & Micra.
Attached Thumbnails
Unveiled: Nissan Micra - The brand's small car for India-dimensions.jpg  

Old 24th May 2010, 08:03   #213
Senior - BHPian

There's a news report on the Micra in today's local newspaper. The display car has reached the showroom. There are 3 variants priced between 3.9 to 5.55L ex-showroom in Cochin. GC is 154mm and boot is 226L. Bookings open from June 1.
Old 24th May 2010, 09:10   #214
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram.vns View Post
the comparision of dimensions between Swift & Micra.
this is nice comparision.
as i said it seemed to be the size of swift but not as wider as swift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
There are 3 variants priced between 3.9 to 5.55L ex-showroom in Cochin.
The price is not bad. I think these pare petrol car's price, but lets see how they price their deisel cars.
Old 24th May 2010, 09:58   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9991 View Post
The price is not bad. I think these pare petrol car's price, but lets see how they price their deisel cars.
Yes, the report also says that the diesel version will be available only by December.
Old 24th May 2010, 10:03   #216
Senior - BHPian

One thing we have seen with cars like Vista and Figo, it doesnt matter how wide the car is, all it matters is how the interior design engineers have worked to create more space and leg room, that is the main differentiatior.
The external dynamics dont matter any more.
but thats a nice comparo, would like to see how VISTA and FIGO figure out in that kind of comparison.
Old 24th May 2010, 13:01   #217
Senior - BHPian

Nissan has started production of Micra.

Source : Nissan starts Micra production | Autocar India

Article :

Quote:
Nissan Motors India has commenced the commercial production of its made-in-India hatchback, the Micra. The compact car will be manufactured at the company’s Oragadam plant near Chennai. The customers will get an opportunity to take a look at the all-new Nissan Micra when it goes on display in the showrooms, on May 25, 2010.

Mr Toshiyuki Shiga, Chief Operation Officer, Nissan Motor Company, rolled out the first car off the assembly line in Oragadam. Speaking on the occasion, Shiga said, “The start of commercial production of Nissan Micra is the beginning of a new chapter for us in India. In an exponentially growing and challenging Indian automobile industry, we are introducing a product that has been specifically designed keeping in mind the discerning consumer needs of India.”

Looking at the number of enquires the Micra received since it’s unveiling; the company has begun pre-order bookings for the hatchback across all its showrooms in India. The customers can book the car for an initial booking amount of Rs 50,000, however, sales of the Micra will commence in July 2010.

Nissan’s plant at Oragadam that is spread over an area of 640 acres represents an investment of Rs 45 billion and has a production capacity of 400,000 units per year at full ramp up. However, the initial production capacity at the plant will be 200,000 units with one line and the company is looking at producing more than 80,000 units in FY10.

The made-in-India Micra will be exported to markets such as Europe, Middle East and Africa. Nissan is also looking at making the Chennai plant as a global hub for exports. Production of the first batch for export market will commence in July 2010 and the first shipment would begin from September 2010.
Old 24th May 2010, 13:04   #218
Senior - BHPian

I sense a team-bhp official review very soon
Old 24th May 2010, 13:20   #219
BHPian

Nissan in partnership with Hover India is calling for more dealerships.
Application for Nissan Dealership

Read sometime back that they are planning to open 80-100 dealerships within 2 years. Seems they are dead serious about India and that is good news for consumers.
Old 24th May 2010, 13:43   #220
BHPian

@ Vikram, the dimensions are true. I have personally confirmed them. The Team-BHP review should be out by now I think as the Test Drive for Indian journalists was held last week.

BTW, I called up Sherif Nissan in Chennai and they told that the model will reach showrooms on 25th and the ex-showroom price of the top end model is 5.25 meaning it is around 5.7 on-road. Packed with features, this is a great car IMHO

Last edited by designersf : 24th May 2010 at 13:53.
Old 24th May 2010, 13:45   #221
BANNED

Went to the NISSAN dealership outside of South Delhi, with a car dealer who is usually spot on with his predictions, not allowed to take photos of the one covered car in the premises. Then spoke with some other people who claim to have touched seen heard felt the car. The comments were not too encouraging, most of them comparing the MICRA here to (a) the over-priced Logan and (b) the movie KITES released a few days ago.

Personally, it is my submission that NISSAN have woken up very late in the day to "discover" India, are now trying to make it sound as though their presence in India is part of a great strategy when the truth is that they will have to work to get a decent market share of anything, and many of us are falling for this form of free publicity to them.

There need to be some serious questions to the NISSAN/RENAULT people, for example:-

a) How long will they support spare parts and service if things don't work out, as they haven't for the Logan?

b) What do they expect do for the customer of a low-end mass car with a single dealership/after sales service centre in Delhi and Mumbai and other cities, are they being fair to the customer?

c) What are warranties, after-sales backups, on road response and insurance pricings?

"Pretty car, nice colour, cute interior . . ." this is not what we want to know, i think, we've had it up to here with other manufacturers playing the same card and then eventually recognisning that the customer signs with his fingers using a pen on a chequebook and not basis pretty this and cute that.

Yes, very pretty car, but with a 3-cylinder engine inside, I think it needs to be compared to the Maruti Alto or similar instead of the Maruti Swift!!
Old 24th May 2010, 14:54   #222
BHPian

@ GTO, eagerly waiting for your Test Drive & Review. Any thing coming up soon.

@ Designersf, spoke to Srikanth sales manager of Shahwar Nissan, Bangalore. As per him Micra Brochures were already couriered to all the show rooms and they may be receiving them today or tomorrow.

Last edited by vikram.vns : 24th May 2010 at 15:01.
Old 24th May 2010, 15:28   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by malq View Post
Personally, it is my submission that NISSAN have woken up very late in the day to "discover" India, are now trying to make it sound as though their presence in India is part of a great strategy when the truth is that they will have to work to get a decent market share of anything, and many of us are falling for this form of free publicity to them.
If you look at Honda/Toyota, Nissan took less time to offer something for masses.

Quote:
There need to be some serious questions to the NISSAN/RENAULT people, for example:-

a) How long will they support spare parts and service if things don't work out, as they haven't for the Logan?

b) What do they expect do for the customer of a low-end mass car with a single dealership/after sales service centre in Delhi and Mumbai and other cities, are they being fair to the customer?

c) What are warranties, after-sales backups, on road response and insurance pricings?
Let them first launch it officially and we will get answers to all questions. I'm not aware if they have stopped servicing Logan!!. By the way Maruti/Hyundai/Tata has not build all those service centers overnight.

Quote:
"Pretty car, nice colour, cute interior . . ." this is not what we want to know, i think, we've had it up to here with other manufacturers playing the same card and then eventually recognisning that the customer signs with his fingers using a pen on a chequebook and not basis pretty this and cute that.
IMO the only manufacturer who went ahead and offered more 'overall' than what our No.1 car seller offers. If Nissan can take this game further, nothing like it.

Quote:
Yes, very pretty car, but with a 3-cylinder engine inside, I think it needs to be compared to the Maruti Alto or similar instead of the Maruti Swift!!
If that's the case then you will also compare VW Polo to Alto!!!
Even I'm of the opinion that anything above 1Ltr. engine and price starting 4.xxlacs should sport a 4-pot engine. But comparing simply 3-potter from one segment to a 3-potter of another does not make much sense.

Last edited by HammerHead : 24th May 2010 at 15:31.
Old 24th May 2010, 15:59   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
One thing we have seen with cars like Vista and Figo, it doesnt matter how wide the car is, all it matters is how the interior design engineers have worked to create more space and leg room, that is the main differentiatior.
The external dynamics dont matter any more.
but thats a nice comparo, would like to see how VISTA and FIGO figure out in that kind of comparison.
yea, i did just the comparo. Awaiting inputs from other tbhpians..

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...a-comparo.html
Old 24th May 2010, 17:25   #225
BHPian

Production already started, bookings starts from Tomorrrow, booking amount Rs. 50,000.

Source ET
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks