Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2010, 09:12   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by good.car-ma View Post
The car is actually much bigger than it looks, judging by the camouflaged versions seen around chennai city at night. Its extremely silent as well and 5 people seated inside looked quite comfortable and not cramped at all.

As for sales and service, there was news that by the time the car is launched in June, the number of dealerships will have increased rapidly. i think figures of 25 to 30 were quoted if im not mistaken.

Another point to note is that carlos ghosn is claiming a huge FE of 26kmpl. i dont think a ceo will make wild claims to the press without solid proof that the car is capable of that much if not more.

Finally, Nissan is known for its quality, reliability, features and fit&finish. So according to me, this is going to be the next BIG small car for india. Cant wait to check it out at a dealership.
Can you further elaborate on what you have said? Where did you spot the car and how come you saw 5 people on board?
Old 10th March 2010, 09:36   #62
BHPian

Saw it in chennai. Yes, there were 5 people on board

Last edited by GTO : 10th March 2010 at 16:36. Reason: First warning : Please make your posts readable with the right capitalisation, punctuation and spellings. Corrected for now
Old 12th March 2010, 08:58   #63
BHPian

Spy pictures and banner from Thailand

Im uploading 2 pictures which I came across on www.wheelosphere.org - One is an interior spy picture featuring manual AC controls and another is an ad banner from Thailand.

Old 15th March 2010, 14:30   #64
BHPian

@designer sf:

Looking at the number of posts you have made on this thread and also at the GTR pic you have put up, looks like you are a huge Nissan fan! Anyone in your family own a Nissan car by any chance? Or influenced by Need For Speed?

Last edited by good.car-ma : 15th March 2010 at 14:50.
Old 15th March 2010, 16:48   #65
BHPian

You got that right mate. I'm a huge fan of Nissan's 'S' Platform and the GT-R lineup. Influenced by technology, NFS and everything.
Old 15th March 2010, 16:58   #66
BHPian

I guess thats atleast one micra sold by Nissan. Hope there are others who share your passion, bcos it seems like a good car. Would be a shame if it flopped, for the brand also
Old 15th March 2010, 18:06   #67
BHPian

the car launched in Thailand
the price not cheap as many people expect.
may be Nissan Thailand want profit margin more than volume.
Old 15th March 2010, 18:33   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thainogkok View Post
the car launched in Thailand
the price not cheap as many people expect.
may be Nissan Thailand want profit margin more than volume.
what is the price it is launched at.
Old 16th March 2010, 09:03   #69
BHPian

This is the press release found on this link. Apparently, the Thai version costs from 375,000 Baht which equates to Rs 5,20,000 for the base model but even the base model comes with ABS, Airbags, ABD and BA. So for India, if we remove them, we are realistically looking at a price of about Rs 4.2 lakhs for the base model (my speculation). Check out www.nissan.co.th
The comes with a 1.2L 3-cyl engine producing 79ps. It is priced between Baht 375,000 and 537,000 which roughly equates to Rs 520,000 to Rs 745,893 in Thailand.
Moreover, the high prices are because the Thai Micra comes with Airbags, ABS, EBD and BA as standard fitment on all models. A quick calculation comparing models sold in India and Thailand show that a price of around Rs 4 lakhs (Ex-Showroom) for the base model is likely. This puts it bang in contention with the Swift, Ritz and Grande Punto. The Micra is after all a high quality car comparable to the likes of the Polo. (abstract from here)
Press Release
The all new Nissan March is for people who love simplicity, designed as a reliable, stylish and accessible compact car, the Nissan March is engineered for great handling and agility performance, equipped with a newly developed powertrain 1.2 liter. 3-cylinder engine (HR12DE) with 5 M/T and all new CVT based on the newly developed V-platform.

“Its face had to look stylish and have an air of sophistication to it” comments Mr. Makoto Yamane, Associate Product Chief Designer. A unique design feature of this car — its double-layer integrated grille — meets these requirements. But the car’s classic shape was also crucial. That’s why it also employs a stylized version of the distinctive arched side window line, something that is central to the March’s heritage, identity and appeal
Retaining its compact dimensions, the new car is slightly longer and marginally lower, while its longer wheelbase enables a ‘wheels-at-each-corner’ stance, the main reason behind the March’s roomier interior. The boomerang-shaped grooves on the roof have a clearly defined purpose too, continues Yamane. Aiming to create the same sense of exterior style inside the car, Nissan has employed a ‘connected cocoon’ design featuring a [COLOR=#009900]dashboard design[/COLOR] which takes on a ‘twin bubble’ theme. This refers to the circular instrumentation binnacle and the similarly shaped glove box compartment on the passenger side.

The all new Nissan March is powered by an all-new HR12DE 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine. Inheriting its DNA from the HR16 4-cylinder engine powering the Tiida, Note, and Qashqai, the new engine employs continuously valve-timing control (CVTC). Power is rated at 59kW (79ps, while torque output is 108Nm. At only 120g/km, CO2 emissions for this version are world-class.
The Nissan March comes with either a 5-speed manual gearbox or Nissan’s all-new XTRONIC Continuously Variable Transmission (XTRONIC CVT). The wide gear coverage enables the 1.2-litre engine to achieve economy and brisk acceleration.
Nissan engineers developed ride and handling characteristics which combine agility, refinement and poise. Mounted onto Nissan’s new signature V-platform, the suspension has been designed to be both compact, minimizing intrusion at the rear for maximum trunk space, but not at the expense of the car’s on-road dynamics. Particular attention has been paid to bump absorption, meaning that the March will ride serenely over challenging road surfaces, not suffer from wallow or float, and cruise effortlessly at highway speeds.

In contrast to its high speed capability, the car also has superb visibility and a class-topping turning radius of 4.5m and several new technologies that assist with minimizing C02 emissions and mileage while at the same time making parking easier.
The new March is available with some key technological innovations which are designed to simplify day-to-day life for its owners. It also offers special option of Intelligent Key + Immobilizer, a push button start-stop system, automatic foldable mirror, and reverse sensor (4 points) in addition to a intelligent multi-display meter which supplies drivers with real time fuel economy information, cruising range and outside temperature.

The incorporation of the V-platform is one major factor contributing to the car’s improved impact safety. The car is designed to absorb the forces of a frontal impact, thanks to the sophisticated crumple zones, while maintaining cabin integrity due to its highly reinforced body shell. We achieved European standard of safety under UNECE 94 and 95 (front and lateral impact). In Thailand, the March will be fitted with standard safety equipment such as SRS airbags, ABS, EBD, and BA
The introduction and sales of the Nissan March will come in 4 standard grades and 2 options grades and will be offered in 6 colors.

COLOR : K23 – Brilliant Silver; G42 – Black Star, KAS – Crystal Lilac
1.2E (MT/CVT), 1.2EL, 1.2V, 1.2VL : K23 – Brilliant Silver, G42 – Black Star, KAS – Crystal Lilac, JAD – Spring green, A55 – Sunlight orange, QX1 – White pearl
Price list – NISSAN MARCH (K13) [/COLOR]
MSRP Include A/C with VAT
1.2 S MT 375,000
1.2 E MT 425,000
1.2 E CVT 459,000
1.2 EL CVT 489,000
1.2 V CVT 507,000
1.2 VL CVT 537,000

Last edited by designersf : 16th March 2010 at 09:04.
designersf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2010, 09:58   #70
mxx
BHPian

speaking for the brand, i had chance to drive many of nissan models. I personally feel nissan cars are more refined than toyota and honda. I like the altima and murano(though external styling of murano is not my taste) but never got to drive maxima. But then I had never driven nissan small cars. I should add, nissan tida is extremely popular in middle east and picked up sales very quickly. Lets see what micra has to offer.
Old 16th March 2010, 18:19   #71
BHPian

Renault-Nissan eyes 80,000 Micra sales in FY11-exec
CHENNAI, March 16 (Reuters) - The Indian unit of the Renault-Nissan alliance will start selling Micra hatchbacks from July and aims sales of 80,000 units in the financial year ending March 2011, an official said on Tuesday.
"Exports, which will be a major portion of sales, will start in the second half of 2010," Akira Sakurai, chief operating officer of Renault Nissan Automotive India Pvt Ltd.The Micra was unveiled earlier this year at the Geneva auto show.

(Reuters) - The Renault-Nissan alliance is in talks with Indian vehicle maker Ashok Leyland for a passenger car project, Chief Executive Carlos Ghosn said on Tuesday.

Source Reuters

Last edited by arvindmanju : 16th March 2010 at 18:21.
Old 16th March 2010, 20:37   #72
Senior - BHPian

I hope they dont launch a black bumper version. I hope they make OEM Alloys an option at least if people are ready to pay for it at least in the Top Model. i10s and santros dont even have alloys as an option (Factory Fitted).

If it is sold as is shown in the picture without any equipment reduction or similar, it will sure give others a race for their money. There will be so many who would put their money on a Nissan Small car.
Old 17th March 2010, 13:29   #73
BHPian

I feel its logical that Nissan would not add a black-bumper version to the lineup merely because it would spoil the looks of the car. It is a trend followed by every car from the Swift, WagonR and even the Estilo and Spark. The Thai version does get alloys on the top model and hope Nissan offers the same in india too.
Old 17th March 2010, 16:17   #74
Senior - BHPian

TV (motorbeam link)

Pics here also show the destined base model version, Indian perhaps?

Unveiled: Nissan Micra - The brand's small car for India-new_nissan_micra_india.jpg

The car looks pretty different but why this-bold-face-smacked-to-a-blushing-side look? Headlights really look over sized, sort of like a mini cayenne?

Unveiled: Nissan Micra - The brand's small car for India-new_nissan_micra_plant_inauguration.jpg

Last edited by sidindica : 17th March 2010 at 16:19.
Old 17th March 2010, 16:30   #75
Senior - BHPian

I Think this is the Top end model. Top End Santros and i10s dont have Fog Lamps and Alloys. If this is a base model, Nissan would be better off showcasiong their Top model than a base model. If this is they base model, hats of to them for showing an as-is model and not a blown up model. Generally manufacturers present their Top model as a display in public / press shows.

this could be a base model too. Note the black Door Handles and no Cladding / Strips on door.

Example EECO has no body colored bumper, but the Website, Advetisements and auto expo show their Red model with a body colored bumper. The showrooms indicate they have no Body colored bumper in the offering.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed