Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2010, 12:13   #271
BHPian

I am seeing more n more Jazzes on Ahmedabad roads. The sales guy at one of the dealership told me that they are selling about 30 Jazz every month.

In the past Honda has been introducing newer variants of their cars some time after the initial launch of the car. I guess this is right time for Honda to come out with some other variants of the car just like i20.

Last edited by rutvij : 7th April 2010 at 12:17.
Old 13th April 2010, 06:34   #272
BHPian

I think the figure of 571 for JAZZ in March 2010 is only a spike phenomenon.
The possible cause may be

1. The 50K promotion offer by Honda
2. Year end sale for depreciation

More likely a combined effect

Guys what say?
cheers
Old 13th April 2010, 11:40   #273
BHPian

I would love the current Jazz price, had they thrown in an automatic transmission.
Old 13th April 2010, 12:00   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abes View Post
I would love the current Jazz price, had they thrown in an automatic transmission.
Totally.. I have come across so many people who say they would have bought the jazz if it came with an auto box.
Old 15th April 2010, 05:07   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Totally.. I have come across so many people who say they would have bought the jazz if it came with an auto box.
Auto Box at the current price or the corresponding increase in price?
cheers
Old 15th April 2010, 07:50   #276
BHPian

What Jazz really needs is a bigger engine @ the current price.
And Honda should discount all their underpowered / over priced inventory.

And make alloys std on all variants.

If i was in the market for a car,i wouldnt mind buying a 7.3L(delhi ex showroom) hatch from honda, but..... with atleast 125bhp.
Old 15th April 2010, 08:53   #277
BHPian

It makes more sense to buy a similarly equipped SX4 at a similar price. (maybe even at a lesser price)
Old 15th April 2010, 09:05   #278
Senior - BHPian

I really wouldn't have minded the Jazz at that price. BUT Honda have skimped on equipment. Makes you wonder why Fiat can do the Emotion Pack for a couple of lakhs less, and still give you all the frills?

Sorry Honda, please try and understand that brand premium can only take you so far.
Old 4th May 2010, 07:30   #279
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/newrep...eply&p=1867801
Quote:
Originally Posted by anu21v View Post
Honda has been given apt lesson by Indian customers and competitors Alike. I am sure in future they would never screw up their pricing the way they did with "Their" car of the Year 2009 - Jazz....

Credit really goes to Indian Customer for ignoring the excessive pricing on account of "Straight-H" symbol on the car whereas as the Other H is doing great. No doubts why Honda Dropped to 7th place now from 5th place 3 years earlier.First it was GM to push them to 6th and now its Ford turn to push them to 7th this year.
:
Same old story month after month and we thought Japs are pioneers of proactive management strategies
any views ?
cheers
Old 4th May 2010, 09:05   #280
BHPian

The problem with Jazz is that it fundamentally didn't fall into the category of swift, polo and GP. I think they could have positioned it a bit different or atleast create a buzz word of being in the category B+. Another approach could have been to compare itself with others in the B segment and differentiate (read justify) their higher price. If you look at the design and the space provided, it easily beats the rest in the competition... no doubt everyone wants a hot model, but always has to settle for less...
Another approach could have been to launch a striped down version (bare minimum features to call itself a car) and then build on the extras. I have felt on numerous occasions that someone who is willing to pay the base price always considers on the next higher package/price slab. A stripped down version would possibly cost 50-70k less bringing down the price to around 6.2l (which falls in the category where people going for the top end versions of the hot hatchs are willing to consider the jump).

Finally marketing is all about justifying the price for your product. If you address this, there will always be customers for your product.
Old 5th May 2010, 01:07   #281
Senior - BHPian

Jazz? What Jazz? Time to bury Honda's follies and move on. Market is flooding with exciting cars by the day and diesel is new petrol so who has time for an overpriced ugly petrol car which costs more than some sedans? Come on guys, wake up. Not all Hondas are great. Every automaker makes mistakes at least once in lifetime and this is Honda's mistake.
Old 5th May 2010, 02:45   #282
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Jazz? What Jazz? Time to bury Honda's follies and move on. Market is flooding with exciting cars by the day and diesel is new petrol so who has time for an overpriced ugly petrol car which costs more than some sedans? Come on guys, wake up. Not all Hondas are great. Every automaker makes mistakes at least once in lifetime and this is Honda's mistake.
Well said bro, couldn't say it better. Honda can't rob people for H badge.
Old 2nd June 2010, 18:00   #283
BHPian

Sale figures of Jazz for the month of May are out. Jazz could manage only 205 units in the month of May.

Following are the sales figures of Jazz since its launch.

May 205
Apr 338
Mar 571
Feb 233
Jan 490
Dec 269
Nov 546
Oct 830
Sep 504
Aug 1029
Jul 1037
Jun 2032

This is the lowest monthly sale of Jazz. New president of Honda India seems to have his task cut out.
Old 2nd June 2010, 18:32   #284
BHPian

Honda has clearly lost its way in India - Sales 4073 in May 2009 down to 4067 now in May 2010 - and this in the fast growing Indian market.
Old 2nd June 2010, 19:21   #285
BHPian

And this is after launching the Active version with some upgrades ?

Honda needs to do something & do it quick. The sales just don't show any signs of picking up. I think the positioning & marketing of Jazz is where it failed miserably. Honda probably expected it to sell on word of mouth, H badge, premium image, etc. but forgot to realize the huge price premium being commanded is in now way being justified.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks