Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2010, 09:17   #301
BHPian

Get the 1.5 litre engine and also an automatic transmission and then maybe it would pick up better.
Old 7th June 2010, 09:32   #302
BHPian

Same price, give it a 1.5 engine, auto AC and an option of Auto transmission should do wonders for this beautiful car. Currently in Hatch segment only Hyundai offers an auto transmission. People who are looking for Auto transmission at limited budget (<8L) are forced to go Hyundai way.
Old 7th June 2010, 18:34   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He said that their deviation of goals achieved is 0.02% for their 15 year strategy! (i.e., they predicted their growth in numbers, sales way back in 1995!)
Quote:
He also said that the low number of Jazz are in sync with strategy.
Duh! What Honda trying to say here? that they had plans of Jazz in low numbers

Quote:
keep the price the same
plonk in the 1.5L engine from the city with alloys and wider tyres
I don’t think its possible. If they offer at same price 1.5L engine, What about current buyers who bought Jazz paying such exuberant price! Surely H badge will suffer its trustworthiness factor! IIRC same thing happened to Cielo? Is it!
Old 7th June 2010, 22:14   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post

I don’t think its possible. If they offer at same price 1.5L engine, What about current buyers who bought Jazz paying such exuberant price! Surely H badge will suffer its trustworthiness factor! IIRC same thing happened to Cielo? Is it!
From now, Honda is the Apple of cars for me. Pay more for less. I'll avoid them both at all costs.
Old 7th June 2010, 22:35   #305
BHPian

Quote:
It sounds like sour grapes to me
Old 8th June 2010, 00:05   #306
BANNED

Quote:
A low volumes strategy cant be the case with Jazz. If they were aiming for low volumes, then they could have imported fully built cars (like Volkswagen Beetle) OR they could have gone for importing CKD kits and pure assembly in India (like Toyota Camry). Both of tHese strategies would have meant a higher pricing for Jazz ---> But then that should be fine, if Honda was aiming for low volumes.

But, the fact that they fitted a smaller engine (implying lots of development costs) and set up production in India, means that they were aiming for high sales numbers. And they are not getting their numbers.
Old 8th June 2010, 11:57   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post
Well, let me put it differently.

Indian Car market is growing at double digit figures (is it 20% or so, the last few months on a year-on-year basis). We see Honda sales growing negative in April and May (year-on-year). Now, I cannot imagine any company aiming for negative growth while the market is growing at 20% positive growth. So, the claim that they are within 0.02% deviation from their strategic plan is ridiculous.
Well they might be having 3 kinds of scenarios in their long term planning and this may the part of worst case scenario.
Old 8th June 2010, 18:43   #308
Senior - BHPian

Really???

Quote:
From now, Honda is the Apple of cars for me. Pay more for less. I'll avoid them both at all costs.
Compare the 'Apple' quality to that of ANY other products available in the market, across ANY product range. They have 'quality' unmatched across. Also, they BRAND IMAGE is so strong that they have a huge CULT following. Their fans buy their products without even seeing them even once. Thats why they can charge premium. They are the MERCEDES/AUDI/BMW of gadgets.

HONDA is better than most medium level car companies (Chevy/Ford/Hyundai/Maybe Toyota/Fiat). I think we tend to over rate the HONDA brand in India.

PS: I am not anti HONDA; I love the CIVIC.
Old 8th June 2010, 22:50   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Also, they BRAND IMAGE is so strong that they have a huge CULT following. Their fans buy their products without even seeing them even once. Thats why they can charge premium. PS: I am not anti HONDA; I love the CIVIC.
Could you please explain why this huge fan following not converted in to sales, especially Jazz?
Old 8th June 2010, 23:48   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Compare the 'Apple' quality to that of ANY other products available in the market, across ANY product range. They have 'quality' unmatched across. Also, they BRAND IMAGE is so strong that they have a huge CULT following. Their fans buy their products without even seeing them even once. Thats why they can charge premium. They are the MERCEDES/AUDI/BMW of gadgets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Could you please explain why this huge fan following not converted in to sales, especially Jazz?
Because Apple isnt selling the Jazz
Old 9th June 2010, 00:33   #311
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If they offer at same price 1.5L engine, What about current buyers who bought Jazz paying such exuberant price! Surely H badge will suffer its trustworthiness factor! IIRC same thing happened to Cielo? Is it!
Forget Cielo, Honda did the same with the Civic Hybrid in India. IIRC, they slashed the prices overnight by almost 7 lakhs!
Old 9th June 2010, 11:39   #312
Senior - BHPian

If the i20 can sell with the 1.2 engine i see no point in plonking the 1.5 in the Jazz. The only thing that can probably change their fortunes is giving the Jazz an auto box. The price increase should also be sensible, so as to not hurt existing Jazz owners, as prospective ones...

The 1.5 engine will also not qualify the car for excise benefits, so there itself we see a 10% increase in price..!

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 9th June 2010 at 11:41.
Old 9th June 2010, 19:50   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Forget Cielo, Honda did the same with the Civic Hybrid in India. IIRC, they slashed the prices overnight by almost 7 lakhs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
If the i20 can sell with the 1.2 engine i see no point in plonking the 1.5 in the Jazz. The only thing that can probably change their fortunes is giving the Jazz an auto box. The price increase should also be sensible, so as to not hurt existing Jazz owners, as prospective ones...

The 1.5 engine will also not qualify the car for excise benefits, so there itself we see a 10% increase in price..!

Yup - introduce AT + FATC + Alloys (already there) + sunroof and keep that car at same price point, slash a lakh from the existing version, and sell both side by side.
And the 1.2 engine is enough for jazz.
Old 10th June 2010, 20:00   #314
Senior - BHPian

A price cut on Jazz?

Spotted this advert in today's Pune Times

Honda JAZZ, FEB-2010 Sales 233. What's the way Forward for HONDA ?-jazz.png
Old 11th June 2010, 22:24   #315
BHPian

Wonder if those massive speakers are part of the package!
But its quite a steal. This should have been the price when it initially rolled out. Last minute effort to Save the Jazz.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks