Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2010, 10:59   #361
BANNED

^^
Honda is still struggling to sell the January 2010 Manufactured JAZZ cars. So whoever going for a JAZZ bargain hard as it can considered as a 1 year old car and get a 15% Depreciation.

Its a very good buy if they discount/reduce their prices by 1.5 Lac.
Old 2nd August 2010, 11:56   #362
Distinguished - BHPian

Is it just me or has the Jazz become quite common in Mumbai. I have been seeing quite a few off late.

A friend is planning to get one soon, how much is the max discount anyone has got from Mumbai dealers? Also I had read there is a new variant in the pipeline, worth waiting ?
Old 9th August 2010, 16:00   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Is it just me or has the Jazz become quite common in Mumbai. I have been seeing quite a few off late.

A friend is planning to get one soon, how much is the max discount anyone has got from Mumbai dealers? Also I had read there is a new variant in the pipeline, worth waiting ?

I think you can get a discount of 75K on the OTR price for the Select model with 25K odd accessories free! This is the offer I got and I took it, though I think they should reduce the prices by 50K more and see the car fly of the shelves.. the car is too good and truly epitomizes Honda's engineering expertise.
Even I am seeing quite a few in Hyderabad
Old 14th August 2010, 00:09   #364
BHPian

Eyeing for one

Great info sharing esp on the discounts etc. I have decided to go for a Jazz 1.2 MT Euro IV. In Chennai, Sundaram Motors offers a 75k cash discount from Rs.8,39,226/- OTR price and free 3M sunfilms which comes to Rs.7,64.040/-. Mudflaps and Floor mats looks like are standard fitments. Besides this they are offering me 4 Alloys + Parcel Trays for 10 K additionally and Silver Linings on Interior vents/speedos, Bumper Gaurds, Side Door Linings, Jazz illuminated plates etc for another 10 K. I tried to extract further discounts esp in Active kit which includes Rear Spoiler and Fog lamps but in vain. The max the sales committed was he would give the 40 k Active kit in 36 K. Have not bargained yet for Micheline tyres.

Another predicament is that I am unable to decide on the colour. My Wife prefers Deep Saphire Blue which I like to a certain extent but is not available in Chennai according to the dealer. I am not sure how the car will look in Red and Silver. Black & Sharbath Blue seems to be little dull and White seems to be cute but little hard to maintain. I have been thinking and thinking on the colors almost for two weeks now still unable to arrive at a conclusion since I am planning to keep this car with me for anothe 5 - 7 years if it finds my company enjoyeable.
Old 14th August 2010, 20:59   #365
BHPian

@shivag, if you will be going for the Honda alloys then going for black would be a good option since it will look killer with those rims !!
Old 14th August 2010, 22:40   #366
BHPian

Today I had went to the showroom to check on the colors. And I saw the new Jazz X which looks awesome in Rally Red. Yes Cruiser@0523 with Black Alloys (+ Michelline Tyres) even more gorgeous.
Unfortunately it costs around 8.70 L OTR without any discounts. Again got into the dilemma whether it is wise to spend 8.70 L on a petrol Hatchback (agree its premium). Came back confused again.
Old 15th August 2010, 01:33   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivag View Post
Today I had went to the showroom to check on the colors. And I saw the new Jazz X which looks awesome in Rally Red. Yes Cruiser@0523 with Black Alloys (+ Michelline Tyres) even more gorgeous.
Unfortunately it costs around 8.70 L OTR without any discounts. Again got into the dilemma whether it is wise to spend 8.70 L on a petrol Hatchback (agree its premium). Came back confused again.
Not worth spending 1L extra for the color. You can insist on the Michelin tyres and more discounts. Try to get the Active kit instead of the Mode kit which they are giving free at a minimal additional cost..you can refer to my ownership thread for more information. Best of luck and keep us posted on your final decision!
Old 15th August 2010, 19:17   #368
BHPian

Hi

Shivag,

I am also talking to sundaram motors. similar discounts. you are not alone in the colour confusion. Adimicra seems to have got a real good deal, Capital Honda in chennai is also not able to match the deal he's got in Hyd.

Planning to finalise tomorrow.

Kenneth
Old 15th August 2010, 22:55   #369
Senior - BHPian

I went for Deep sapphire blue. Honestly, I would say that overtime I find the colour to be a shade dark but not that I dont love it. I was looking for something similar to Ford's Aquarius blue.

The car will look great in white but I have seen my WagonR fade over the years.

Look at Silver or sherbet blue if you like them.
Old 16th August 2010, 15:25   #370
BHPian

What audacity !!

So they finally did fix some of the glaring omissions in the previous version and came up with an all new Jazz-X. Rear Parcel Tray, Alloy Wheels, Fog Lamps et-al missing in an 8 lakh car is a sacrilege to say the least - not to mention nice to haves like USB support and other cosmetic changes. Now why on earth can't Honda accept that they made a mistake in the first place and get on with it.

This new model is now launched at 40k higher than the regular version, taking the OTR to almost 9. That's some VFM for sure .

The tagline reads 'You demanded, we added'. Yeah right, BIG favor eh
Old 16th August 2010, 15:39   #371
Senior - BHPian

@gvivek75: Somethings never seem to change. :P

Honda India and VFM are two poles. One has to break to meet the other.
Old 16th August 2010, 17:20   #372
BHPian

@shivag and @Kenneth : What were the quoted chennai on-road prices for the Jazz select ? What kind of discounts are given currently ?
Old 16th August 2010, 23:08   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Not worth spending 1L extra for the color. You can insist on the Michelin tyres and more discounts. Try to get the Active kit instead of the Mode kit which they are giving free at a minimal additional cost..you can refer to my ownership thread for more information. Best of luck and keep us posted on your final decision!
I completely understand that the 1 Lac is not worth spending just for a color but options are very less hence choice is getting very difficult. I had tried my best to extract from the sales guy but unable to..
Infact I have taken yours and few others posts as reference and plan to talk to him. The problem is I had already paid 10 K as my booking charge when I decided to freeze on Jazz couples of weeks ago after a two month intense excercise to choose a car in 8 - 10 L budget so he is sure that I am gonna go for Jazz only. Post this only I started to go through TBH - posts likes yours and then started to rethink. I am also planning (ofcourse as a last resort) to cancel the booking saying that I have decided to wait for discounts to be offered on Jazz X. But unfortunately I am desperately in need of a car esp when Rains are fast advancing here. I already have Fiat Petra but getting little bit unreliable which I am planning to sell off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
I am also talking to sundaram motors. similar discounts. you are not alone in the colour confusion. Adimicra seems to have got a real good deal, Capital Honda in chennai is also not able to match the deal he's got in Hyd.

Planning to finalise tomorrow.
Great, I am happy that I am not alone but looks like only Sundram Motors are giving cash discounts upto 75K neither Capital Honda nor Olympia Honda could match. I have spoken to both of them. Let me know what you have decided. May be we can get in touch since we both are dealing with same dealer. By this way we can exsert more pressure if that works out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
I went for Deep sapphire blue. Honestly, I would say that overtime I find the colour to be a shade dark but not that I dont love it. I was looking for something similar to Ford's Aquarius blue.

The car will look great in white but I have seen my WagonR fade over the years.

Look at Silver or sherbet blue if you like them.
Thanks. DS blue was our first choice since that is not available in Chennai I have to look out for other options. White should be okay but afraid it should not give a commercial look esp Jazz looks like an MPV. Nevertheless I have seen Silver only once and did not stay in mind. Also the pic available on Net of Silver is not that convincing....getting mad! I thought deciding upon a right car with 8 lacs budget was a horendous experience (esp with lack of Choice) now this is getting even more worse!!!
Old 16th August 2010, 23:17   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
@shivag and @Kenneth : What were the quoted chennai on-road prices for the Jazz select ? What kind of discounts are given currently ?
donarun:

There is no Jazz Select on offer. Only Jazz 1.2 MT is being sold atleast with Sundram Motors in Chennai. The Jazz OTR price is Rs.8,39,226/-. Sundram Motors are ready to offer a cash of discount of 75 k plus which gets the OTR price to Rs. 7,64.040/- along with free 3M sunfilms. The mudflaps, floormats etc are standard fitments, comes with the Car anyway.

Besides this SM are offering 4 Alloys + Parcel Tray for 10 K additionally and Silver Linings on Interior vents/speedos, Bumper Gaurds, Side Door Linings, Jazz illuminated plates etc for another 10 K.

I tried to extract further discounts esp in Active kit which includes Rear Spoiler and Fog lamps but in vain. The max the sales committed was he would give the 40 k Active kit in 36 K.
Old 17th August 2010, 08:59   #375
BHPian

@shivag and @Kenneth, I think you can get more discounts / freebies if you both get together and look around.

shivag, I had a conversation with a sales rep @ sundaram motors over the phone on sunday and I was quoted 7.75lacs with no other discounts / freebies / offers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks