Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2010, 18:41   #166
Senior - BHPian

Disclaimer-read this carefully:
  • This is a call recording between me and a dealer salesperson of the "H" brand.
  • I call him as a customer of the jazz and ask him to try and convince me that why should I purchase the jazz, why not an i20 or the punto diesel.
  • Of course, the sweet voice is mine but due to sour throat, you may find sour at times.
  • Privacy of customer's name and salesperson's name is assured as NONE appear in this recording , so I hope that it is not against team-bhp rules.
  • Listen to it carefully and see at what lengths people can go to claim that jazz is not a failure and why should I buy a jazz.
  • My motive is not directly/indirectly insulting anyone or bashing but just to give you some real truth at the topic. So I hope that you will not find it objectionable. Heck, why should I bash the car that my parents own?
  • he does not call the jazz a flop yet says that the car is selling less..segment is different etc..
  • In the call, at the end I did recall two sedans as ugly but please owners do not take this personally as opinions may differ from that of mine.
Listen to each and every minute detail of the call maybe to understand that what kind of a buyer type I am.

Kindly excuse my acting skills, and I hope that I receive decent comments on my purchase awareness. Brickbats are also welcome.

Link to download: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

free users have to wait for 45 seconds after entering the 4 digit code and then download will start once you click on "regular download". Hope that you will like it. mp3 format audio.

Last edited by sidindica : 14th March 2010 at 19:00.
Old 14th March 2010, 18:56   #167
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Excellent SID. Eventhough I could not understand Hindi fully, understood your point. As expected Sales guy was clueless.
I think this thread will make HONDA to get up and tighten their loose areas and launch a top one in their next hatch back..
bilkul teek hai
Old 14th March 2010, 20:05   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
  • This is a call recording between me and a dealer salesperson of the "H" brand.
  • I call him as a customer of the jazz and ask him to try and convince me that why should I purchase the jazz, why not an i20 or the punto diesel.
  • Of course, the sweet voice is mine but due to sour throat, you may find sour at times.
  • Privacy of customer's name and salesperson's name is assured as NONE appear in this recording , so I hope that it is not against team-bhp rules.
  • Listen to it carefully and see at what lengths people can go to claim that jazz is not a failure and why should I buy a jazz.
  • My motive is not directly/indirectly insulting anyone or bashing but just to give you some real truth at the topic. So I hope that you will not find it objectionable. Heck, why should I bash the car that my parents own?
  • he does not call the jazz a flop yet says that the car is selling less..segment is different etc..
  • In the call, at the end I did recall two sedans as ugly but please owners do not take this personally as opinions may differ from that of mine.
Listen to each and every minute detail of the call maybe to understand that what kind of a buyer type I am.

Kindly excuse my acting skills, and I hope that I receive decent comments on my purchase awareness. Brickbats are also welcome.

Link to download: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

free users have to wait for 45 seconds after entering the 4 digit code and then download will start once you click on "regular download". Hope that you will like it. mp3 format audio.
Am listening to it right now. That guy is absolutely speechless most of the time..! He sounds like some one is firing him
Old 14th March 2010, 20:17   #169
BHPian

BTW, has any one heard of jazz in used car market? Are they a good pick?
Old 14th March 2010, 20:31   #170
agm
BHPian

hahaha that was amazing Sidindica . it was really fun listening to it,that sales guy was clueless .

High time Honda should accept their mistake and should price the jazz sensibly,else i see this wonderful car out of the market soon
Old 14th March 2010, 20:36   #171
BHPian

All the more reason to hunt for a used Jazz, IMHO.
Old 14th March 2010, 20:43   #172
BANNED

The sales guy was like,Name:  ***.gif
Views: 881
Size:  7.1 KB How can i convince this guy and sell this Damn car ???!!
Old 14th March 2010, 21:12   #173
Senior - BHPian

After hearing the clip, I felt sympathy for the sales-guy. Must be a tough job to convince people to go for the Jazz at those prices. And if it is a tbhp-ian at the other end of the line, all the more tough.
Old 14th March 2010, 21:37   #174
BANNED

Great job Sidindica!

I guess the sales-guy is cursing Honda everytime a prospective Jazz customer comes in

To every question about the car - the sales guy replies about Honda's brand / reputation (instead of replying about the car)

But it has to be said to his credit that he is ultra-patient and ultra-persistent. I would hire him any day.
Old 14th March 2010, 22:04   #175
BHPian

Hello Bhpians,
I bought a Honda jazz about 2 months back.i noticed a distinct rattling sound from my Left boot area.we couldn't exactly locate it.i reported it to the dealer,and for some time the drive was smooth.Now again i hear the irritating noise,especially when i drive in unrubberised roads/a little bad road.i informed the dealer again,and his reply to me was"to drive for two more days,and then to tell him,exactly from where the noise is,and he would rectify it!".now if i knew from where the sound is,i would have never called him! Anyway i am giving it to the dealer tomorrow.let us see.Has any other Jazz owners noticed any rattling sound?
with regards
Old 15th March 2010, 08:04   #176
BHPian

@Sidindica

Man you are wonderful !

Now you have created another problem for HONDA. They will find it very difficult to recruit salesperson for JAZZ. Even the existing sales force would like to be reassigned to CITY etc.

Cheers
Old 15th March 2010, 09:23   #177
Senior - BHPian

Just saw a half page ad in today's TOI, they are celebrating their NDTV car of the year award!!! what the h##$!!. Launched some variant called select edition or something and do you want to know what exactly you get in this 1) Mud flap 2) Parcel tray and 3) New design alloy wheels.
Old 15th March 2010, 09:56   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Just saw a half page ad in today's TOI, they are celebrating their NDTV car of the year award!!! what the h##$!!. Launched some variant called select edition or something and do you want to know what exactly you get in this 1) Mud flap
Well the "magic" will not wash away the dirt that the rains will bring us. So better to have at least the mud flaps. Wonder if they are made of "titanium"?
Old 15th March 2010, 10:14   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Just saw a half page ad in today's TOI, they are celebrating their NDTV car of the year award!!! what the h##$!!. Launched some variant called select edition or something and do you want to know what exactly you get in this 1) Mud flap 2) Parcel tray and 3) New design alloy wheels.
A smile was on the face once I saw the ad thinking " Can they do better no.s with these massive upgrades ?? "
Old 15th March 2010, 10:28   #180
BHPian

Originally Posted by sidindica
Quote:
So things have come to such a pass after you rightly chose to buy a Jazz for your parents ! (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...onda-jazz.html ). Infact many of us had used your thread as input for our decision to go for it.

Quote:
Heck, why should I bash the car that my parents own?
Well only you can answer to that !

I am still wondering what you have achieved by this ... except maligning a car whose only flaw is its pricing.As regards the Jazz - I am sure you know better as your buy was not one on the spur of the moment, but a well thought one after various TDs and a detailed study of available alternatives.

Is Honda listening? Reading this thread? I hope so because there have been a lot of positive ideas which they could use to their advantage.

Anyway we here have noticed a marked improvement in the sales guys who have been persistent and convincing. There were also visits of the Honda Marketing people where the dealer invited us to share our views /give feedbacks .

Most Viewed