Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2010, 10:39   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Heres DCs modified Cielo
for the movie- Tarzan ( i ve not seen it )

It is supposed to look like lambo all through the movie !!
This one was never a cielo, the base car had always been a toyota MR 2 and many replicas were created and all were MR2s

Pramod
Old 3rd October 2010, 08:12   #62
BHPian

changing bikes is very common in hindi movies

in muze kuch kehna hai amrish puri sit on a CBZ & when he reaches the destination & gets gown its a spender.'

In all crossing the railway track situations when the bike jums in the air it is a off trck bike & when it come down it s a enfield bullet. hahaha (movie Mumbai express kamal hasan)
Old 16th October 2010, 23:35   #63
BHPian

"Aakrosh"

Hi friends

I saw this movie - Aakrosh starring Ajay Devgan, Akshaye Khanna this morning. It was so gladdening to see that the vehicles used by the heroes were a Bolero and a MM540. Plus one of the bad guy uses another MM540. And the cops used Cl500s with doors.

Since the movie is shot in a village that belongs to Bihar/U.P/Jharkand region, it is assumed these the only vehicles that are used in that region. (Please Pardon me if iam wrong).

After a long time, seeing a jeep in a movie was really gladdening. That way, our Malayalam movies show jeeps most of the time. But our Tamil, Hindi, Telugu, Kannada and other languages don't really show a jeep, unless it is a classic and the hero is a landlord !

The spice on this sweet information is there are still a lot of CJs and MM540 that get blown up/tossed away during an action scene in some movies.
Old 17th October 2010, 14:17   #64
BHPian

Registration numbers

Many a tele-serials and movies where the story is supposedly based in Delhi would have totally random vehicle number plates like DL 1 AB xxxx, whereas Delhi follows a very logical series nomenclature like C for private regd 4 wheelers, R for 3 wheeler rickshaws etc. Most recent example was Sonam Kapoor's Beetle in the movie Aisha.
Old 17th October 2010, 14:43   #65
Senior - BHPian

While we see brand new cars being thrashed in Hollywood movies, our producers make do with beat up Ambys or old, out-of-production cars like Cielos etc. which they can pick up for 5000-6000 rupees ( the body shell that is ). In our movies, it is funny to see the rich guys flaunt all kinds of flashy cars all through the movie but suddenly they are seen in beat up Ambys or such other cheap cars. Then we can safely assume that chase and crash scenes are ahead.
Old 17th October 2010, 18:14   #66
BHPian

Did anyone mention about 'Kites' climax?
The scene is supposed to be in the US, where Jr Roshan would be shot from behind... If I remember correctly, at the beginning of the scene the baddie (Barbara Mori's 2nd hubby) comes in a Hummer but by the time Jr R and his friend (the driver) reach a dead-end street, the scene turns dark and the vehicles transform themselves to Endeavors and Scorpios.
Kites is supposed to be one of the expensive movies in latest times and was shot over a 2 year period (with such goof-ups).

One point I am still researching on is how Kalanithi Maran (producer of Robot) afford to crash a Merc SLR in the chase sequence where the bad Robo Rajni runs away with Aish auntie.
Old 17th October 2010, 18:19   #67
BHPian

Car crashed in Robot was a Merc C Class, the pics were posted some where.
Old 17th October 2010, 18:40   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibby View Post
Car crashed in Robot was a Merc C Class, the pics were posted some where.
Oops, my mistake, did not notice well. But still, how could the producer afford to do that.
Old 17th October 2010, 21:44   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

@BusyBoyKK and @zibby.
Think both of you are wrong,
it can't be the SLR, that's a HYPERCAR!!!
It's the CLK that was used in Endhiran and it was the same car that was crashed and destroyed.
But goof ups are present as ever, including the crashed car appearing 'repaired' in the next scene and most hilarious the CLK performing a long distance wheelie that even a bored muscle car would be jealous of.
Old 17th October 2010, 22:25   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyBoyKK View Post
One point I am still researching on is how Kalanithi Maran (producer of Robot) afford to crash a Merc SLR in the chase sequence where the bad Robo Rajni runs away with Aish auntie.
I probably think repairing that CLK won't be a problem. After all, the movie's budget is somewhere in the range of 150-200 crores.
Old 17th October 2010, 22:33   #71
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

I doubt it was a CLK. The pics posted looked like a chopped off C-Class.
Old 18th October 2010, 00:22   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
@BusyBoyKK and @zibby.
Think both of you are wrong,
it can't be the SLR, that's a HYPERCAR!!!
I didn't say it was a SLR. I havent watched the movie but seen few pics of the car it was C Class roof chopped off to make it look like CLK. I think they were posted in Chennai thread
Old 18th October 2010, 00:59   #73
Senior - BHPian

Agree with Zibby. I've seen Robot. The car used in the movie was a Merc CLK and during the crash scenes it was replaced with a Merc C-Class with its roof chopped off.

Last edited by Anand123 : 18th October 2010 at 01:02.
Old 7th November 2010, 16:31   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Raaz-2 Goof Up

Happened to catch Raaz 2 recently.
Endy turns to a Sierra as soon as it starts to roll down.

Name:  vlcsnap00017.png
Views: 3668
Size:  165.1 KB
Name:  vlcsnap00018.png
Views: 3484
Size:  165.4 KB
Name:  vlcsnap00020.png
Views: 3563
Size:  154.9 KB

Additionally, as someone had pointed out earlier, the Endy is also exchanged with a Hilux in some song sequences.
Dry Ice is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2010, 19:22   #75
Senior - BHPian

The Mercedes in Robot is a CLK allright. It cant be a chopped C class as the car is a definite 2+2 seater. But at the same time its a bit odd. IMHO i think its a pre 2003 CLK where the grill and the rear lamps were borrowed from the W210 E class. The car in question may have been face and tail lifted. The front grill remains of the older gen CLK but they have incorporated the lights from the newer gen (post 2003) C class. (the grill in the said car stands out whereas the CLK of this year would have a gentle sloping smooth bonnet lines incorporating the grille. So also the rear lights are from the newer CLK which resemble the ones from the W211 E Class. I think i noticed this flaw in the car. I cant find picture on the net, maybe someone can find and post them. I remember one distinct scene where Rajnikanth drives the car and screeches to a halt exposing the front, side and the rear of the car.

Someone please post the pics and confirm this.

Another thing is that they have some kind of kit on the car on the front bumper and on the rear door, some kind of bulging air dam or something.

Most Viewed