Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2010, 13:09   #16
BHPian

Wow, congrats and wish you the best. Do you already know the programme time-slot?

Sure it' going to be great. The programme name pointed towards BMW for a sec, but the brilliant trailer sorted it out

Hope you will focus on car and its aspects, rather than the current crop of Malayalam channel auto shows focusing on the presenter and his sunglasses
Old 6th March 2010, 13:11   #17
Senior - BHPian

Also, it would be great to have english subtitles for those who dont understand the language.

Shan2nu
Old 6th March 2010, 14:06   #18
Senior - BHPian

Just watched the show. Hani, I enjoyed every moment of it, and I could see you putting the Carneol Red ML 320 CDI through its paces.

The shot where it flies over a rough stone was awesome. Well shot!
Also, good review of the Cuprit brown E 350.

Also, it was simple, easy to understand and precise, what we wanted and expect from you.
I asked my dad to watch it (he perfectly understands Malayalam) and he also gave a thumbs up!

I request you to kindly include English subtitles for me to understand and hope to see you aggressively test driving many other high end cars in upcoming shows

regards
sid.
Old 6th March 2010, 14:36   #19
BHPian

Congrats Hani. Great initiative.

Its time to show others how real auto shows are made.

All the best.

EDIT : Has the first episode been posted on youtube?

Last edited by mithunkb : 6th March 2010 at 14:42.
Old 6th March 2010, 14:42   #20
BHPian

Buddy, Just saw Flywheel. A good start man. BEST wishes for your upcoming shows. Don't you ride SBKs ? Try doing one. The Showz good starting with the M class And E lass testrides. All others . Please Watch the show. Wish you all The success Hani.
Old 6th March 2010, 14:58   #21
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys, just saw the show. Hani just demolished it with the ML320cdi and E350. His driving skills are very well portrayed in the ML drive. And his 'Koyikkoden' accent mallu is really a diverse experience Some may take time to sync, i've alredy done that during our long term friendship. So No probs here.

I expected a Merc in the show launch but as some tagline say "Umeed se dugna" there were two.

And, really cute thing is he incorporated his bro(not own) in the show(Who is reputed to be the biggest mammootty fan alive).

Suggestions -
- More slots to incorporate some off-beat entertaining stuff than couple of drives.
- If time is a problem, you can reduce the td into one car per episode and add the spice in the rest.
- Celebrity cars.(Catches lots of attention, and i think you wont have a problem finding one).
- International updates.
- Q&A section.
- A preview of the next weeks episode in the end. etc.

Will keep posted as it comes.

Anyways, good kick start ! The ML drive did the job !

Last edited by Scorcher : 6th March 2010 at 15:01.
Old 6th March 2010, 18:05   #22
BHPian

all the best to you
go rock the world
Old 6th March 2010, 18:21   #23
BHPian

Hani: Put that me and my car segment to capture more audience!!!.
Old 6th March 2010, 19:22   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
- Celebrity cars.(Catches lots of attention, and i think you wont have a problem finding one).
+1.
This is one good suggestion. The first thing I look for in an auto mag/show is celebrity cars!
Old 7th March 2010, 11:08   #25
Senior - BHPian

Missed it this week, try to catch on next weekend.

All the best for your new venture
Old 7th March 2010, 12:26   #26
BHPian

To start off the promo itself is salivating in anticipation of things that will be on offer.sadly missed the show this week, the webisode is not up yet on youtube?
I definitely think that the show will standout out among the moribund mallu shows that focus only on aesthetics of car over and over again with an accompanying theme music(so lame).And not to speak of a certain anchor on the NDTV car and bike show who spends 10 mins talking on the lines and headlamps of a car and the rest of technical stuff in 2 mins.so hats off to starting a dedicated show for an enthusiast.
Just one suggestion though, for the sake of a wider audience why not think of having car comparos with all your experience,considering the recent spate of small/midsize launches.none of the mallu channels offer that on their show as far as i know.
All the best
Old 7th March 2010, 13:47   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick! View Post
Although I am in Brisbane I will make sure I check it out on Youtube. I dont follow Malayalam too well but can pretty much get the gist of whats being said. I wish you all the best in this new venture. Hope it blows the competition off their feet!!!
I am sure that you with so much wealth of information on cars especially Mercs can surely make every show a success. Have you got a plan to do a show on your G ??? It would make a great episode. Maybe put the whole thing (the intitial test drive, the buying experience, the drive back home, the modifications, the painting and the end result) as a Fly Wheel special!!!!
Thank you so much dude! Ofcource I'll post the video on you tube & will post it here as well! But channel want me to wait till tommorow before posting!

Ya, I'll defenetly cover my G, but not on initial issues!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakishRam View Post
Wow, congrats and wish you the best. Do you already know the programme time-slot?

Sure it' going to be great. The programme name pointed towards BMW for a sec, but the brilliant trailer sorted it out

Hope you will focus on car and its aspects, rather than the current crop of Malayalam channel auto shows focusing on the presenter and his sunglasses
Thanks friend! I'll try my best to meet your expectation if I have all of your support by pointing out my mistakes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Also, it would be great to have english subtitles for those who dont understand the language.

Shan2nu
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Just watched the show. Hani, I enjoyed every moment of it, and I could see you putting the Carneol Red ML 320 CDI through its paces.

The shot where it flies over a rough stone was awesome. Well shot!
Also, good review of the Cuprit brown E 350.

Also, it was simple, easy to understand and precise, what we wanted and expect from you.
I asked my dad to watch it (he perfectly understands Malayalam) and he also gave a thumbs up!

I request you to kindly include English subtitles for me to understand and hope to see you aggressively test driving many other high end cars in upcoming shows

regards
sid.
Thank you buddy, glad to hear from you that you saw it from Delhi. How come your dad know Malayalam? Also try to point out your critic as well !

Regarding English subtitle (Shan & Sid), channel doesn't allow to put it as its regional channel. I've had a word earlier! But plan to introduce a english dubbed version!
Old 7th March 2010, 13:49   #28
BHPian

Missed watching the show on Surya yesterday, hoping that the Episode is uploaded on the Youtube channel soon
Old 7th March 2010, 14:04   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithunkb View Post
Congrats Hani. Great initiative.

Its time to show others how real auto shows are made.

All the best.

EDIT : Has the first episode been posted on Youtube?
Thank you pal! I can only post on youtube after 48 hrs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam9557 View Post
Buddy, Just saw Flywheel. A good start man. BEST wishes for your upcoming shows. Don't you ride SBKs ? Try doing one. The Showz good starting with the M class And E lass testrides. All others . Please Watch the show. Wish you all The success Hani.
Thank you anupam! Ofcourse I ride SBKs, infact I'm an all rounder - two, three, four & multiple wheels! You can defenelty expect some exciting bikes through our show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Ok guys, just saw the show. Hani just demolished it with the ML320cdi and E350. His driving skills are very well portrayed in the ML drive. And his 'Koyikkoden' accent mallu is really a diverse experience Some may take time to sync, i've alredy done that during our long term friendship. So No probs here.

I expected a Merc in the show launch but as some tagline say "Umeed se dugna" there were two.

And, really cute thing is he incorporated his bro(not own) in the show(Who is reputed to be the biggest mammootty fan alive).

Suggestions -
- More slots to incorporate some off-beat entertaining stuff than couple of drives.
- If time is a problem, you can reduce the td into one car per episode and add the spice in the rest.
- International updates.
- Q&A section.
- A preview of the next weeks episode in the end. etc.

Will keep posted as it comes.

Anyways, good kick start ! The ML drive did the job !
Thank you Vishnu - its obvious that it'll take off with Merc , but you can expect more exciting episodes ahead!

Will defenitly consider you suggetions: can you pls clarify your first one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by san2 View Post
all the best to you
go rock the world

Thanks San!
Old 7th March 2010, 14:08   #30
BHPian

Congrats hanmust...
All the best

I hope it wont disappontment me like ur competition channels

Like a dumb guy says " companyude featurs sporty aanu"
"bhayangara stylishum sportyumanu ithintnte design"
and keep on repeating this till the end of the show..

All d best dude..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed