Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2010, 16:13   #61
Senior - BHPian

Well,saw the show on saturday itself,but only from last 15 mins or so. Nice detaied one. Great going buddy
Old 11th March 2010, 16:29   #62
BHPian

Thanks for posting the youtube links Hani.It was a great show and very informative.

IMO the E-class review is much better shot than the M-Class (the off-road ones were good). Also you do exude a lot of energy and confidence during the E-class review and that is the type of presenting which will attract the crowds.

The studio set looks a bit cramped and too colourful (for an auto show).Also if possible please get rid of those bar stools and get 2 sofas.

Last edited by harishnair : 11th March 2010 at 16:34.
Old 11th March 2010, 17:57   #63
BHPian

Just saw the show on youtube Hani. Great work!!
Old 11th March 2010, 18:27   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Vishnu (scocher) as you mentioned over phone, I here with attach few photos snapped during the shoot!

The opening episode of Fly Wheel was Mercedes-special episode & we test two new Merc variants, the M-class & the new E-class.

ML320 CDI was shooted from Pune & Lonawala. We started off at early morning from Pune & start our shoot from Express way onwards. My friend & camera-man Prashanth took ggod effort to climb through the sun roof & to take the running shorts at Express way, inspite of 6' hight.

Off-road session was done from Lonawala & it was an amazing location which resembles African grass forest.

On the second part of the episode I tested the top end petrol variant of the new E-class - E350. The location was at my home town Calicut. The excting part of the shoot was we completed the whole shoot with in 2hours as the car reached late due to some procession on the way. Unforntunetly I forgot to take my camera on the day, hence snapped in my black berry.
Hani, thanks a lot for taking my opinion Great pics bro. Btw, when i saw the show on tv, i think i saw a shot were the ML's LHS Rear wheel getting real close to a rock. it it do some damage ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnair View Post
The studio set looks a bit cramped and too colourful (for an auto show).Also if possible please get rid of those bar stools and get 2 sofas.
+1 to that. The studio set up is too ovredone. The colors can stay a bit professional and still catch attention. Look into that. Cheers !
Old 11th March 2010, 22:53   #65
Senior - BHPian

Just watched the show over YouTube. Good show!

Observations:
- Noticed that most of the time it was the same shot being shown again and again. In the first TD, it was the doughnuts and the rock-being-too-close-and-climb shots and in the second TD it was the E being driven, what looks like, the same stretch of road. I am sure you could have used those time to show something more about the car.

What would have been better is if these seconds were used to show a few features of the car, such as the instrument panel, the user controls, the boot, the engine and such.

- Not sure if there was one, but it would be great if there was a script that you could have followed, instead of you trying to come up with the dialogues on the fly.

- The BGM: not sure if it is the right mix. It felt too strong and on-your-face. My opinion.

- Reckon you got enough feedback with regard to the stage setup. The only out-of-place thing that I felt on the stage setup were the stools used.

- And finally, one slip that almost slipped by was this:

"Fly Wheel" - the real enthusiastic auto show on TV!-flywheel.jpg

Would suggest "Hosts" as the header.
Old 11th March 2010, 23:03   #66
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for sharing the youtube link, watched and liked it

Few observations:
1) As Harish mentioned studio needs some imrovement
2) Your anchor needs to be more energetic
3) I know the difficulty of explaining technical things in the local language. But you managed it pretty well
4) You need to work bit on your voice modulation. Somethings were note clear, looks like some places I felt like you were searching the exact malayalam words to describe it especially when you were explaining ML.:-)

You did E portion very nice, explained it well and was very confident. But ML portion was not up to the mark comparing to the E. But loved that ML off-roading.

Two thums up to the camera man and Congratulations to the whole team involved.
Old 12th March 2010, 00:28   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

@ HANMUST!

GREAT JOB Sir! This show is miles ahead of other similar shows. I used to feel so bad when I force myself to watch others shows like fasttrack [because of my love & passion for cars] and at the end of the episode I used to realize that I knew much more about those cars showcased than what they discuss! Thanks to t-bhp that I get lot more info on the new launches.

This is a clearly distinguished show and I appreciate that you are taking some time to explain the new features [like DSR in M-Class].

By the way,are you looking for an assistant? I am 6'2" and can help you compare the head room, rear leg room and so on; of course sitting inside the car during your test drives !

And forgot to mention; the music is top class ! Hats off to the entire crew who takes part in creating this show!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 12th March 2010 at 00:33.
Old 12th March 2010, 00:37   #68
Senior - BHPian

Sweeeeeeet. I loved the trailer !! Good luck with this new venture.
Old 12th March 2010, 01:01   #69
BHPian

Attachment 305347

Would suggest "Hosts" as the header.[/quote]

Is'nt it COMPERING - or am I wrong
Old 12th March 2010, 09:44   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjimso View Post
Is'nt it COMPERING - or am I wrong
Nope, you are not. But look closely at what it spelled in the show.
Old 12th March 2010, 16:01   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
Well,saw the show on saturday itself,but only from last 15 mins or so. Nice detaied one. Great going buddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnair View Post
Thanks for posting the Youtube links Hani.It was a great show and very informative.

IMO the E-class review is much better shot than the M-Class (the off-road ones were good). Also you do exude a lot of energy and confidence during the E-class review and that is the type of presenting which will attract the crowds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick! View Post
Just saw the show on Youtube Hani. Great work!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Hani, thanks a lot for taking my opinion Great pics bro. Btw, when i saw the show on tv, i think i saw a shot were the ML's LHS Rear wheel getting real close to a rock. it it do some damage ?

+1 to that. The studio set up is too ovredone. The colors can stay a bit professional and still catch attention. Look into that. Cheers !
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Just watched the show over YouTube. Good show!

Observations:
- Noticed that most of the time it was the same shot being shown again and again. In the first TD, it was the doughnuts and the rock-being-too-close-and-climb shots and in the second TD it was the E being driven, what looks like, the same stretch of road. I am sure you could have used those time to show something more about the car.

What would have been better is if these seconds were used to show a few features of the car, such as the instrument panel, the user controls, the boot, the engine and such.

- Not sure if there was one, but it would be great if there was a script that you could have followed, instead of you trying to come up with the dialogues on the fly.

- The BGM: not sure if it is the right mix. It felt too strong and on-your-face. My opinion.

- Reckon you got enough feedback with regard to the stage setup. The only out-of-place thing that I felt on the stage setup were the stools used.

- And finally, one slip that almost slipped by was this:

Attachment 305347

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Thanks for sharing the Youtube link, watched and liked it

Few observations:
1) As Harish mentioned studio needs some imrovement
2) Your anchor needs to be more energetic
3) I know the difficulty of explaining technical things in the local language. But you managed it pretty well
4) You need to work bit on your voice modulation. Somethings were note clear, looks like some places I felt like you were searching the exact malayalam words to describe it especially when you were explaining ML.:-)

You did E portion very nice, explained it well and was very confident. But ML portion was not up to the mark comparing to the E. But loved that ML off-roading.

Two thums up to the camera man and Congratulations to the whole team involved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
@ HANMUST!

GREAT JOB Sir! This show is miles ahead of other similar shows. I used to feel so bad when I force myself to watch others shows like fasttrack [because of my love & passion for cars] and at the end of the episode I used to realize that I knew much more about those cars showcased than what they discuss! Thanks to t-bhp that I get lot more info on the new launches.

This is a clearly distinguished show and I appreciate that you are taking some time to explain the new features [like DSR in M-Class].

By the way,are you looking for an assistant? I am 6'2" and can help you compare the head room, rear leg room and so on; of course sitting inside the car during your test drives !

And forgot to mention; the music is top class ! Hats off to the entire crew who takes part in creating this show!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Sweeeeeeet. I loved the trailer !! Good luck with this new venture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjimso View Post
Attachment 305347

Is'nt it COMPERING - or am I wrong[/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Nope, you are not. But look closely at what it spelled in the show.

I'm travelling hence I'm only posting a very short reply & my usb modem is very slow.

First of all thank you so much to all those who criticised & pointed out my mistakes. I'll defenitly try my best to improve all aspects you all mentioned like my way of presentation, use of launguage, my gestures, quality of set, title errors, etc.

But I would like to convey couple of facts, but please don't think that I'm covering up my mistakes.

At the outset, I've already done 7-8 episode a while back for another channel, who failed to telecast due to some internal issues. Its after six months I'm telecasting the show now.

It's for the first time I'm facing camera and I was not comfortable then, the W212 E-class was done only a week back of telecasting, so by the time I think I got improved a little. Isn't it?

Secondly, E-class was done just in 2hrs as I mentioned earlier due to delay in getting the car. And it was getting dark, hence we were limited wit the shots.

I'll reply in detail later. Keep watching Fly Wheel & support it with you prayers & Critics.

Thank you for all those who complimented too!
Old 12th March 2010, 20:37   #72
BHPian

The test drive of E class which on the newly laid 4 lane is very close to where i live

In fact, did spot your 'G' undergoing paint job in a shop on that road a month or 2 back.

While describing the interiors it would be appreciable if the camera is on a driver's/passenger's point of view,focussing on the console/steering wheel etc.
I felt most of the shots were taken when the camera man was standing near the doors, which doesn't give the exact view that you get once seated inside as a passenger.

Most auto shows focus only on the styling and accessories that the product offers. Case in point is most Malayalam auto journos trying to justify the premium company's previous hatch as well worth its price tag. Would prefer more comments on the negatives, such as the lesser thigh support mentioned in the E class review.

It will be useful for the average(read Non T-BHP) viewers if you can list, top 5 features that should go in favour of picking the car and top 5 deal breakers(including, say poor *** and costly spares as in Skoda or low VFM considering $$$ vs features in Jazz)
Old 13th March 2010, 18:30   #73
Senior - BHPian

Saw the program today. Good one!

Looks like you got used to the camera pretty quick. The presentation has improved.

The red chairs are going very well with the red bars at the back. Seriously.

Loved the way that you touched up the seating, ergo factors and also the features listing of the 320d.

For the X3, since you had focused on the off-roading capabilities of the vehicle (rather the lack of it), it would have been great if you had shown the options available.

PS: OT: Whats with the 320d sporting a 2008 TC?
Old 13th March 2010, 20:41   #74
BHPian

Great show Hani. You drive incredibly. I agree with your opinion of X3. But isn't X6 worth to be said as a real SUV?
Old 13th March 2010, 21:44   #75
BHPian

Hi hanmust, I just arrived today morning and was fortunate enough to watch your 'Flywheel' program. It's really cool and interesting. Loved watching the entire serial shown today at 1.30 pm.
Like fifth gear/ top gear, please try to add more vehicle reviews than concentrating only on one vehicle.

But again, great job and well presented. Wish you all success and viewership in your coming episodes.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed