Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2010, 18:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Which CRDi is the Jetta going to get? Surely not the one in the twice as expensive Passat?
Seems like it. They do have a brand new 1.6 Crdi but that engine is not much better in the lag department either.
Old 9th March 2010, 07:50   #17
Senior - BHPian

Looks like they have huge issues in placing the cars. I always thought that skoda has made entry for VW a bit difficult.

1) Which diesel will Jetta get ? Hope its the 2.0 ltr CRDi mill from Passat. Where will passat go ? The only thing passat will have is a bit stronger brand name than Jetta.

2) This news is coming when we are again hearing about SX4 diesel. There is news about SX4 diesel coming after the launch of new Wagon R. So is there any possibility that this change is because SX4 will have a diesel from VW ?

If SX4 has the 105 bhp diesel, then it will be a sort of trouble for Jetta. People will ask many question, etc. so VW will shift to a better unit for Jetta and the old one will be thrown out to Suzuki.

This is just my thought.

3) Petrol unit. Jetta from day one deserved the TSi. So now Laura, Superb and Jetta have the same petrol unit. But I wonder if the sales chart will rise for Jetta. The diesel will still be king if CRDi mill is offered.

This makes me think that the CRDi mill in Jetta will be from Passat. Laura and Superb have similar 2.0 ltr diesels ( PD ) IIRC. Both have 1.8 tsi. VW will be making similar moves for Jetta and Passat. Both, Jetta and Passat will have 2.0 CRDi engine, and may be both will have 1.8 TSi.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 9th March 2010 at 07:52.
Old 9th March 2010, 07:55   #18
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 9th March 2010 at 18:43.
Caramelo is offline   Received Infraction
Old 9th March 2010, 08:20   #19
BHPian

The VW site for India gives no indication of the changes. Are we sure?
Old 9th March 2010, 09:16   #20
Team-BHP Support

I hope jetta will come up with the TSI (1.8 or the 1.4) with the DSG box
Old 9th March 2010, 22:01   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramv007 View Post
i forgot to mention, it seems like VW has discontinued its DSG gearbox on all its models. Even the Passat 1.8TSI will be available only with a manual gearbox and its expected to be cheaper by atleast 7L than the current diesel passat.
Well what is you source here. Please clarify because if this is going to happen i might as well go in for the Passat. Are price cuts expected for diesel as well?
Also what about the pricing of Jetta, wont they be similar to Passat then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Which CRDi is the Jetta going to get? Surely not the one in the twice as expensive Passat?
The Passat recently got an engine upgrade (to a common rail diesel). Why would they stop accepting books for the car then? Petrol is anyways a niche market.
YEs they shouldn`t stop taking booking for the Diesel car since it already has CRdi. Btw has the shift to CRdi have any effect on the Passat price?
Old 10th March 2010, 13:54   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
The VW site for India gives no indication of the changes. Are we sure?
Yes, same here. I checked the web site earlier and found no such news posted there. Anyways, I have a feeling that the Jetta will be powered by the 1.9L diesel. As for the Passat, like what GTO said, they must add more features to the 1.8TSI to differentiate it from the Laura TSI. Any idea if the engine will be built here or imported? Price may depend on that!
Old 10th March 2010, 14:07   #23
Senior - BHPian

Great. So they finally decide to go CRDI. More mods coming into the picture now.

@Barcode. You must be happy

Last edited by thedreamcatcher : 10th March 2010 at 14:08.
Old 10th March 2010, 17:58   #24
BHPian

No info on CRDI introduction and on DSG phaseout

No information from my source on :
1. CRDI engines in place of PD engines on the Jetta
2. phasing out of the DSG transmission in the Jetta

I have been using the PD and the DSG in my Jetta Comfortline for the last 9 odd months ( 9300 odd kms including outstation trips) with no issues.
(Touch wood) : I'd reserve judgement and go by personal experience, rather than on hearsay.

Regards

Last edited by issigonis : 10th March 2010 at 17:59. Reason: Corrected grammar
Old 10th March 2010, 19:02   #25
BHPian

Noob Question - The 2.0 TDI on the A4 is a CRDI? Or a PDI? Or is TDI completely different?
Old 10th March 2010, 22:06   #26
Senior - BHPian

Speeding@160mph, the 2.0TDI on the A4 is a CRDI unit.
Old 11th March 2010, 10:02   #27
Senior - BHPian

Ideally they should cut the prices too. The Jetta diesel AT's price is a shocker! But yeah, when you compare, even the Laura is similarly priced. Thanks the Cruze, they have to change the engine, and hopefully the prices (downward, not upward!).
Old 11th March 2010, 10:09   #28
Senior - BHPian

VW have always called their diesels TDI. So its difficult to know what underlying tech they use in their diesels anyway. Would they even bother their customers to know about this?
Old 11th March 2010, 18:15   #29
BHPian

I'm thinking of replacing my Verna, and asked about the Jetta. The PD engine has been stopped for good, and the Kochi dealer has no stock left. They expect the new car by April end, and bookings are open at Rs. 1 lac. No info on pricing or tech specs. The sales guy mentioned that "all models are having engine change"- might have meant the Passat also.
Old 12th March 2010, 14:57   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
I'm thinking of replacing my Verna, and asked about the Jetta. The PD engine has been stopped for good, and the Kochi dealer has no stock left. They expect the new car by April end, and bookings are open at Rs. 1 lac. No info on pricing or tech specs. The sales guy mentioned that "all models are having engine change"- might have meant the Passat also.
I doubt if this news is correct. The Chandigarh dealer has know idea about the new Jetta, i.e., with the CRDi engine and, thus, he is not taking any bookings for it. Besides, why would VW keep under wraps the launch of the new model which is eagerly awaited by many?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks