Team-BHP - New Corolla finally
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Corolla finally (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/7697-new-corolla-finally.html)

Its finally here! The New toyota Corolla! Its gets 170mm ground clearance, New 10Spoke Alloys but same rubber! Audio controls on sterring wheel. Also gets MP3, printed antenna, automatic headlamps and lumbar support! The New Corolla looks promising! It has been the best seller in India and now after becoming more better with better features it surely will rock the segment! Butt how is the handling and the suspension! That we cant comment on yet! It still doesnot have as many features as the optra! Optra having Sunroof extra! :p Buttt with all these new addons the Corolla is surely going to rock! Someone please take a test drive and buzz us on its handling and ride and the suspension!

http://www.toyotabharat.com/showroom/corolla/kce_6.html

C'mon man, don't call that a NEW Corolla.

The exterior changes are minor and it still looks ugly to me. But, the fact remains that it is the best seller in that segment, and this mild update will renew interest again.

Well Rtech! I am calling it new since they have altered ground clearance and also have said to to tinker with the suspension! So hope fully it will handle better and drive better to with a good ride!

I guess toyota got a warning from the Civiv which promted them to do so! hope so this car comes wit tubeless rubber!

But it still the Corolla has got a lot of intrest from many buyers whose first preference is this car and maybe even there last!

Its new, if you consider the New Esteem, the New Alto and the New Zen as "New"

Merely a small improvement. The Corolla and the Elantra remain the least appealing cars to me, in that segment

GTO

What is new about this car? I like its performance. Don't mind it's looks. But really, what have they changed? The suspension?

Quote:

The Corolla and the Elantra remain the least appealing cars to me, in that segment
agree: totally!

TypeO ;) they have said there are 18changes to the car?

As far as some parameters go in Optra vs Corolla! here goes

Handling - Optra
Ride - Optra
Performance - Corolla
Stability - Optra
Features - Optra
FE - Corolla
Price - Optra
Resale Corolla!

P.S did not include Elantra since she stands no where and also Skoda since here base model equates to these cars top model!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA
TypeO ;) they have said there are 18changes to the car?

Yeah yeah. But what exactly have they changed? I can't see anything ....

Quote:

Originally Posted by typeOnegative
Yeah yeah. But what exactly have they changed? I can't see anything ....

Start listing them out, may be we'll be 18 soon:

1. New 10 spoke alloys

2. Tubeless tyres

3. Front bumpers

4. Rear bumpers

5. Suspension settings (this would be more than one change - eg., new springs, new tierod end, new bolt etc)

6. Tail lamp cluster

7. Perforated leather seats

8. Leather+wood veneer steering wheel

9. Different colour for interior plastics???

see, we're more than 1/2 way there...

Suspension. That is a step in the right direction ... :) I wish it becomes a better 'for-India' car. I drove a Corolla in the US. So I am kind fo attached to it no matter what people say.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid
Start listing them out, may be we'll be 18 soon:

1. New 10 spoke alloys

2. Tubeless tyres

3. Front bumpers

4. Rear bumpers

5. Suspension settings (this would be more than one change - eg., new springs, new tierod end, new bolt etc)

6. Tail lamp cluster

7. Perforated leather seats

8. Leather+wood veneer steering wheel

9. Different colour for interior plastics???

see, we're more than 1/2 way there...

10. 170mm ground clearance

11. Audio controls on sterring wheel.

12. MP3

13. Printed antenna

14. Automatic headlamps

15. Lumbar support!

16. New Front Grille

17. Change in head lam design!

18. ........

I hope Toyota have made the suspension better, this will give the car better handling and ride to match its performance and will make it a driver's car.
Waiting for reviews on the new Corolla if anybody has driven it.

Visually, it dosen't appear any different from the "old" car. It's just as ugly! Engine's the same, body's the same...... same old car with additional features. Nevertheless, it's a pretty good buy.
170mm ground clearance? Maybe Drifter will be interested. :p

It seems that the disease of saying "New" by adding small bits seems to be spreading in the automobile industry :D

The exterior should be changed first, its simply not attractive. It's so huge, wide, long....Ugly. bad. But despite this, i think its supposed to be really comfy

New Corolla is expected in 2007 according to Toyota!

Quote:

i think its supposed to be really comfy
But not as much as the optra!