Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2010, 22:58   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Honda making it easier for competition to outsell it!

i have high hopes on VW Polo.
I agree - the Polo is making the Jazz look silly! Not sure what the pricing strategy is .... Jazz, an awesome car is loosing mindshare left right and center due to the silly pricing.
Old 9th March 2010, 08:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hahhh finally HONDA felt the pinch of JAZZ. It started to release Special Edition models.
No HONDA this doesn't work out in INDIA, unless there is a drastic price reduction.
Old 9th March 2010, 09:24   #18
BHPian

yup its the polo effect! they know that their brand is not as hot as the VW. they can't match the snob value of the volkswagen atleast here in india. this is not my opinion its the general sense and the passats and jettas i see everyday. certainly more than the no of accords.

Last edited by Caramelo : 9th March 2010 at 09:33.
Old 9th March 2010, 10:15   #19
BHPian

Quote:
@Ramsagar

+1 to it, in an extremely price sensitive market Honda failed to understand the notions of volume driving hatchback customers. USP of car can be anything but cost, that is. Even for the breadwinner City, general perception in this forum is, its overpriced. Honda had all the history of Maruti's and Hyundai's to learn from and really make it big to mass market. But alas! Jazz sales figures emphasise only fact that, what a bad pricing can do to a very good product.
Old 9th March 2010, 10:38   #20
BHPian

Hi,

Honda launched limited edition jazz.

Courtesy:

Honda launches select Jazz edition priced at Rs 7.21 lakh- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

New Delhi, March 08, 2010: Honda Siel Cars India (HSCI) Ltd., leading manufacturer of premium cars in India, today launched a “Select Edition” of the Honda Jazz to commemorate the celebration of ‘Car of the Year’ award won by the Jazz in India.

The “Select Edition” is an addition to the Jazz line-up which boasts of premium styling, spacious interiors, versatile utility and remarkable performance & fuel efficiency. The Honda Jazz becomes even more stylish and enhances its premium appeal by addition of Alloy wheels in the “Select Edition”. The new edition will additionally feature a Rear Parcel Shelf for added customer convenience & safety of the luggage and Front & Rear mud guards.

The “Select Edition” of Honda Jazz would start getting despatched to the Honda dealerships from this week and will be available at the outlets from next week.

Honda Jazz was adjudged as the ‘Car of the Year’ and ‘Small Car of the Year’ at the NDTV Profit – Car India and Bike India Awards 2010. Introduced in the Indian market in June 2009, the Jazz comes with a 1.2 L i-VTEC engine in 5-speed manual transmission and is loaded with all the values that are associated with Honda – global design, great drivability, fuel efficiency and safety.

Price of the “Select Edition” of Honda Jazz: Rs. 7.21 lac (ex-showroom, Delhi)

source:
Honda Car India : Press Releases

Last edited by Technocrat : 9th March 2010 at 16:08.
Old 9th March 2010, 14:27   #21
Senior - BHPian

I for one am glad that the Jazz is not doing well. No where in the world is Honda a premium badge and its only in countries like India that they are able to get away by selling cars like the City which is not really that much better than the competition to command such a premium. Though its not that bad a deal as compared to the Jazz. God only what would have been the sticker price of the Civic had the Corolla not been there. The failure of the Jazz clearly indicates that the Indian market is maturing.
Old 9th March 2010, 14:34   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Honda making it easier for competition to outsell it!

i have high hopes on VW Polo.
Now that the Figo is launched with very good pricing, even VW Polo looks overpriced!

I think Jazz was launched at wrong time. They should have waited at least for launch of Polo/Figo. Honda launches very expensive Hatch and competitors are offering cheaper and cheaper cars! Now only way could be something similar to what MSIL did to Versa.
Old 9th March 2010, 15:53   #23
BHPian

I think Honda's initial intention was to market the Jazz as a niche product. This was a hatch for the select few who wanted to add that 'snob' value. Thus the Jazz sits atop the list of niche hatches as a car for the privileged few. In that Honda has been successful. But yes, overall, the Jazz has been a disaster.
Old 9th March 2010, 16:05   #24
Senior - BHPian

well, dud with a 'select' added to it at best becomes a 'select dud'.

Honda, correct the prices, send some coupons to existing buyers and at least you can come clean now.

Or may be they can do a Civic Hybrid an year down the line and maybe we can pick up some Jazz's at 4.5L on road
Old 9th March 2010, 16:21   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
I think Honda's initial intention was to market the Jazz as a niche product. This was a hatch for the select few who wanted to add that 'snob' value. Thus the Jazz sits atop the list of niche hatches as a car for the privileged few. In that Honda has been successful. But yes, overall, the Jazz has been a disaster.
What is it about the privileged few here mate?
Old 9th March 2010, 16:36   #26
Senior - BHPian

Come on guys, dont take this Jazz seriously, Jazz is just a showroom brouhaha attracting the hatchback crowd who finds that the adjacent ANHC looks more VFM which is evident from the sale numbers.

I mean Jazz is the brand ambassador to ANHC...

PS:not to offend any jazz owners
Old 9th March 2010, 18:25   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
What is it about the privileged few here mate?
What 'privileged few' implies here is that those who are eager on the Honda brand name. Those who can want to spend on an already overpriced hatch have to be few. Thus the term.
Old 9th March 2010, 20:05   #28
Team-BHP Support

Honda is like Apple, who will never reduce prices, but give (or make you feel that they give) more for the same if not higher prices.
Old 9th March 2010, 20:42   #29
Senior - BHPian

I wished they could have added a boot to the "Special Edition" Jazz and Auto transmission at that prize would have been great
I feel sorry for the Jazz's sales team!!! But with that price Honda must be earning a sizable amount on Jazz.

Last edited by HammerHead : 9th March 2010 at 20:45.
Old 9th March 2010, 23:09   #30
Senior - BHPian

Jazz or ZZZZ!!!

I always knew Jazz would bomb and I am happy it did. The success it had with Honda City has gone to its head and it took Indian customers for granted. I am sure only diehard Honda badge fans are buying this car. No one else in his right mind would at the price it comes for. Not a scorcher, not a looker ( looks like Swift's uncle ), why all that moolah for then Honda? Jazz will soon be ZZZZ!!!

Most Viewed