Team-BHP - Kudos to Delhi Police: Spreading awareness about "Keeping your car safe"
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Kudos to Delhi Police: Spreading awareness about "Keeping your car safe" (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/77005-kudos-delhi-police-spreading-awareness-about-keeping-your-car-safe.html)

I'm not sure if there are many people around who've had this kind of experience with the state police anytime but for me it was the first time that i saw a initiative like this.

I was about to get into my car and i saw a envelope stuck on the drivers door. I was about to throw it away thinking of it as promotional envelope when i suddenly saw "Delhi Police" written on it and decided to read it.

I was pretty surprised and happy to read what it said. This letter was to basically enlighten the car owners to install safety devices in their cars to avoid car theft. I did hear about this on the radio but to see a proper written communication stuck on my car was a very good feeling. Considering the image of the Delhi police this was pretty much a nice move on their part.

I'm not sure if there is a similar drive in other parts of Delhi or for that matter any other kind of drives by the police in other states but if there are then it would be great to hear about it. KUDOS to DP:thumbs up

MODS - Please move delete if this thread is irrelevant/at the wrong place

Yep, DP approached our residential society and got this posted on all notice boards across the society.

Nice move :thumbsup

The next version of the letter will probably have the address to his brother's shop which will conveniently be in the business of selling car accessories. A DCP doesn't need to do PR.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pranavt (Post 1772439)
The next version of the letter will probably have the address to his brother's shop which will conveniently be in the business of selling car accessories. A DCP doesn't need to do PR.

Well regardless of what he's going to do next , i personally think that the initiative was towards spreading awareness amongst the citizens.

I've also observed that they've increased patrolling in our area thus giving a feeling of safety to all the car owners here.

Sorry to digress, but my residential area in Thane/Mumbai is witnessing unprecedented number of car thefts - e.g. 5 cars were stolen from outside one building in same night! - and the Police have simply given up (and/or are in cahoots with the criminals). The local police guys go around giving speeches and notices asking car owners to install auto cops, gear locks, and so on, and are even asking residents not to park their cars outside their buildings (even when there is no space). Looks like we do not need a police force at all, we can manage on our own, thank you! Can we have some tax refunds, please?

This is a joke isn't it. Or are the Delhi cops serious. LOL. These cops know how,where and when each car is stolen.

Take this mail as a fore warning that lot of cars are going to be flicked in Delhi.

Then the cops will point to the letter and say "See, we told you guys, You didn't listen and your car got stolen".

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire (Post 1773032)
This is a joke isn't it. Or are the Delhi cops serious. LOL. These cops know how,where and when each car is stolen.

Take this mail as a fore warning that lot of cars are going to be flicked in Delhi.

Then the cops will point to the letter and say "See, we told you guys, You didn't listen and your car got stolen".

Ha Ha i kinda agree but i hope that doesn't happen with anyone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hvkumar (Post 1772953)
Looks like we do not need a police force at all, we can manage on our own, thank you! Can we have some tax refunds, please?

haha... i think we should go the US way and sue for each broken rim due to bad roads. i should get all my tax back. it's like CM and FM saying, prices should come down and police saying crimes should come down. i would say, that's exactly why you idiots are paid for.