Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2005, 10:05   #31
BANNED

surely gonna book one if it gives good fe...
Old 27th September 2005, 11:30   #32
Senior - BHPian

Whoa! Great work guys Steeroid, Amit and everyone...

After reading this thread right from the beginning I think I should NOT renew my auto mag subscriptions...you guys rock..!
Old 27th September 2005, 11:41   #33
BHPian

thnx for the link
Regards
W.A
Old 27th September 2005, 12:19   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Guyz..I read in the magazines that Ford was going to offer a competitor for the Octavia/Corolla/Optra...
...but the pics and posts in this thread suggest that it's a competitor for the NHC...missing link??..I mean why would Ford want to launch a car that is barely different from the Ikon(in Size and segment)?
Why would it want to cannibalise Ikon sales? which is the only successfull model for Ford yet.

I still guess that the New Car should be different from what we are seeing here!
Old 27th September 2005, 12:33   #35
BHPian

If this is what ford has to give us, then they might as well keep it with them, and bid us goodbye and leave India, for good! and come back when they learn to respect the consumers here!
Old 27th September 2005, 20:33   #36
BHPian

Ford had a good car in Mondeo which could have affected the sales of Accord to a particular extent. But they royally messed it. Shame on them!

And bloody skoda gone nuts selling the same model in new variants. better they go to hell. They think india is some dumpyard or what?
Old 27th September 2005, 23:08   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
ughhhh! What is it with wheel arches nowadays ?
Everyone seems to be going that way. Even the S class. They do look good on some cars (Mondeo) , but in most of the cars they look like forced additions. Can't stand them ..
i agree. no disrespect to mercedes fans/owners but the arches on the new S class also don't look good to me. too contrived.

but they look good on some cars. i think it looks ok on the mondeo and this one.
Old 27th September 2005, 23:42   #38
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Add me to the anti-arches list. I think they S-U-C-K

GTO
Old 28th September 2005, 00:03   #39
Senior - BHPian

I agree with LandCruiser. Mondeo is a good Car. Skoda ppl think we indians are stupid. Just telll these Dadu car company (SKODA is a Volkswagon group company) to go somewhere else. Each car got same looks. Just some changes in each version like grill etc. Even Superb is same in looks but it is bigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser
Ford had a good car in Mondeo which could have affected the sales of Accord to a particular extent. But they royally messed it. Shame on them!

And bloody skoda gone nuts selling the same model in new variants. better they go to hell. They think india is some dumpyard or what?
Old 28th September 2005, 08:50   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser
Ford had a good car in Mondeo which could have affected the sales of Accord to a

If you read around further, the Mondy has not been 100% reliable with failing electric seat adjusters (now deleted), dodgy CD player, unreliable fuel pump (global problem I beleive).

Was using a new Mondeo Estate in Singapore last week- on those smooth roads, it squeaked like a mouse on steroids (another mondy owner- just joking - could not resist pun!!!!). Anyway

Isue with Ford - great products - execution is questionable
Old 28th September 2005, 16:14   #41
Senior - BHPian

Ford is launching Fiesta in November. Read more and see picture....

A very hasty arranged launch....? Not even the prices would be announced.

Petrol Engine to be sourced from Hindustan Motors....

Full marks to all TBHPians for predicting almost as accurately as Prannoy Roy's applied psephology...

http://in.rediff.com/money/2005/sep/28ford.htm

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 28th September 2005 at 16:33.
Old 28th September 2005, 16:19   #42
Senior - BHPian

So this is the car to take on the City and the Optra ..

The old 'fiesta' stays and they sell the new fiesta at a premium ..
Old 28th September 2005, 16:36   #43
Senior - BHPian

Hey the one in the pics shown in Rediff is the FOCUS SEDAN - the lil Mondeo! NOT the Fiesta sedan... unless they've redesigned the Fiesta sedan with a Mondeo-esque front end for India. It looks great!

Thats a GREAT car, but how come they're offering it with a 1.6 litre engine???

In any case, it looks very smart with the Mondy treatment - BUY IT!!! If this is going to launched at Honda City prices, bye bye city!

Last edited by Steeroid : 28th September 2005 at 16:51.
Old 28th September 2005, 16:56   #44
Team-BHP Support

Sad news from Ford. Looks like they are taking the defensive route and will continue to sell the Ikon which is now 3 generations old.

As for this car, from that rediff pic, the rear wheel arch area looks strinkingly similar to the NHC. I hate the low slung rear end look which they seem to have adopted.

Quote:
Hey the one in the pics shown in Rediff is the FOCUS SEDAN - the lil Mondeo! NOT the Fiesta sedan... unless they've redesigned the Fiesta sedan with a Mondeo-esque front end for India. It looks great!
Looks like that's what they've done to this "All new car for India". The new front end seems to be the saving grace though. The interiors too should be nice. But, lets just hope they price it right. I doubt there would be a lot of people willing to shell out 8 lakhs plus for this, which is what I think they will price it at.
Old 28th September 2005, 20:55   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid

Thats a GREAT car, but how come they're offering it with a 1.6 litre engine???
Looks like its a Mondeoized Fiesta. Looks good...they even knocked out the ugly quarter glass from the Fiesta sedan. maybe the wheel base is up too.

Engine is same as Fusion 1.6 Duratec.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks