Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2005, 00:58   #76
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone publish pics of the rear and the side of the Fiesta. Seen only the front so far.
Old 9th October 2005, 03:35   #77

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

but u cant judge a cars acceleration by the power....a lot of other factors come into consideration also.the indigo is pretty good for a diesel.and has the same power as the ford fiesta but maybe the fiesta is lighter,employs better calibrated gearing.for eg.the petra produces 100bhp,ikon produces 92bhp,optra produces 108bhp but he ikon wud respond better to throttle inputs.and well what ford may have learnt over the past two yrs since the nhc came into the market is that a good package with good f.e. does translate into profit.so what if nots a tyre burner....in that case u hv the 100bhp petrol.i think ford is goin on the same track as city by offering a good cabin,good f.e. and moderate performance.i think it will spell success.
Old 9th October 2005, 18:09   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Just Checked the Ford Site.
The car's world debut is going to take place in India in November.
Front looks better then i expected but they have to either get bigger wheels or scrap the arches.
Hopefully Ford will make it an enthusiastic handler because that is the only car Enthusiasts can buy under 8L apart from the Ikon and Fusion.

Copied this from the Ford Site.
Hopefully they will really put in an effort for interior Quality.

Ford India is set to excite the motoring landscape with the debut of a new Ford model, one that will be seen by the world for the very first time. An all-new model designed and engineered globally, it will be named 'Ford Fiesta'. A contemporary car, it will offer a sensational package of outstanding driving dynamics, enhanced interior comfort, refinement and class leading fuel economy.

Presenting the first production prototype photograph of the all-new Ford Fiesta, Mr. Arvind Mathew, Managing Director and President Ford India said, "The launch of Ford Fiesta marks a significant milestone, as this is a model that will be seen by the world for the very first time. Building on a global signature of success, this model strengthens our portfolio in India and positions us to compete more aggressively."

Ford Fiesta was envisioned as a market offering for the rapidly growing midsize segment of the passenger car industry in India. Created with the disciplines of Ford's shared technology approach, a core team of Indian engineers worked with product development teams from UK, Germany and Australia on the project. Mr. Arvind Mathew added, "The Ford nameplate represents style, status and achievement for its owners in India. With the Ford Fiesta, we have aspired to create an exceptionally dynamic vehicle in terms of visual appeal and performance. We also reached out to Ford's product development teams across the world and challenged them to create a global car. This new Ford sedan will enhance the heritage and prestige of the Blue Oval in India. "Scheduled to debut in India in November 2005, the Ford Fiesta will present distinctive new exterior styling, contemporary interiors, luxurious features, exciting new colours and a whole host of new class leading technologies.

Ford Fiesta's progressive design is a visual representation of the driving dynamic qualities demonstrated by Ford vehicles across the globe and is characterized by feature lines symbolizing a bold spirit, substance and solidity. Offering a perfect blend of ergonomics and design, the new Ford Fiesta will redefine style standards in its class.

Ford Fiesta will offer outstanding interior and high-end luxury features, normally found in premium cars. Ford's highest level of safety guidelines, engineering solidity, and expertise in producing vehicles with superior drive dynamics, will ensure that the new Ford Fiesta will be a safe and fun-to-drive car.

Offering a choice of contemporary petrol and diesel engines with the Ford Fiesta, the company will establish the 'Dura' technologies in the country. Through a unique combination of advanced combustion technology, minimum weight, low internal friction and new levels of refinement the free-revving Duratec petrol engine contributes to Ford's core promise of fun to drive. The aluminum construction of the Duratec makes it one of the lightest; most compact and efficient petrol engines and is well suited for an extremely smooth and spirited drive.

Strategically planned to address the growing demand for Diesel, Ford will introduce its proprietary TDCi (Turbo Direct Common Rail injection) technology in India. Ford Fiesta's aluminum alloy Duratorq engine is a revolution in diesel technology, refined driving pleasure and fuel economy. Employing advanced Piezo injectors with pilot injection and Over-boost control, TDCi delivers outstanding refinement and torque on demand.

Mr. V. Sivaramakrishnan, Vice-President, Marketing, Sales and Service said, "When our customers get behind the wheel of a TDCi-powered Ford Fiesta, they will be in for a treat. Ford has set new standards in turbo-diesel performance with the Duratorq TDCi engines. While being one of the smoothest and quietest diesels in its class, the technology is designed to deliver responsive acceleration, outstanding fuel economy, and reduced emissions."

Last edited by lamborghini : 9th October 2005 at 18:10.
Old 9th October 2005, 20:46   #79
Senior - BHPian

I hope the diesel engine delivers what is being promised. The Fiesta will be one helluva handling baby as all fords are. hoping that Ford spruce up the interiors and offer better space inside - and price it just right ..sounds easy right ?

its going to be difficult but if its priced just right - well who knows Honda might have trouble on their hands or will they ?

I have my fingers crossed ......
Old 9th October 2005, 20:53   #80
BANNED

i might buy the diesel version of fiesta...if the car gives a good fe...dont know why we paid some amount to this company a year back...and they said that we will be getting something like interest...per annum...and which can be used only if i buy some ford car...so either i take the amount back which i deposited...or i use the money to buy a ford car..which will be double the amount i gave them...
Old 9th October 2005, 21:17   #81
BHPian

are the ford people adding this duratec engine to fusion
Old 9th October 2005, 21:25   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ford India is set to excite the motoring landscape with the debut of a new Ford model, one that will be seen by the world for the very first time.
Quote:
"The launch of Ford Fiesta marks a significant milestone, as this is a model that will be seen by the world for the very first time.
These are words of Ford India's MD?! I don't understand how Ford India can harp about how this car is making it's world debut in India? Maybe the MD needs to spend some time on team-bhp to better understand his companies products.
Old 9th October 2005, 21:31   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

The 1.6lt Duratec engine of the fusion will be used in the Fusion.
If the car is worth its money, even may buy one in Dieel.
Hopefully they will have an upgrade scheme or ikon owners.
Old 10th October 2005, 03:19   #84
Senior - BHPian

hmm the duratorq specs are not too appealing certainly not when compared to the CRDi but good gearing will make a difference...
they must get the package perfect ..

the 100bhp duratec could pose a threat to the 1.6 optra..but then it has to match the optras cabin and ride comfort ..
Old 10th October 2005, 14:07   #85
Team-BHP Support

Any ideas yet about the price for the diesel. Any change of them being less than 7L ex showroom?
Old 11th October 2005, 12:14   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Any ideas yet about the price for the diesel. Any change of them being less than 7L ex showroom?
doubtful man. i don't think ford will price their CRDI cheaper than a Hyundai CRDI. remember these are the guys who launched the Fusion as 7L+.
Old 11th October 2005, 12:45   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_rider
doubtful man. i don't think ford will price their CRDI cheaper than a Hyundai CRDI. remember these are the guys who launched the Fusion as 7L+.
They should have learnt their lesson by now
Old 11th October 2005, 13:06   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
They should have learnt their lesson by now
one would think. one certainly hopes so !!!
Old 11th October 2005, 23:57   #89
BHPian

I really do think that the Crdi will be under (maybe , just) 7 L ....
IMO , Ford will not repeat the mistake ...

Next few weeks will definitely be very exciting ... with the Fiesta and the NHC-VTEC around the corner ...
Old 24th October 2005, 17:05   #90
Senior - BHPian

Hey some one write email to ford to launch this car soon or they gonna loose 2 customers soon. Coz i cant wait more..... grrr... I gonna go buy a accent crdi on 16 nov if they dont launch the car till then...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks