Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2010, 13:08   #1
BHPian

I10 Diesel Rs 5.4 to 6.4L!!

Hyundai to launch diesel i10 at Rs 6.4 lakh: Rediff.com Business

I chanced upon this link in Rediff. It will be intersting to see market reaction to the diesel version of the i10 considering the popularity of the petrol version.
Old 10th March 2010, 13:38   #2
Senior - BHPian

This is already discussed in the thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rged-mill.html
Old 10th March 2010, 13:54   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
This is already discussed in the thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rged-mill.html
Isn't this a Petrol car? This thread is about the Diesel car.
Old 10th March 2010, 14:11   #4
girishbhat

insane pricing period.

Old 10th March 2010, 15:02   #5
Senior - BHPian

Don't really trust rediff in coming up with solid news.
Sidindica is better anyday! Afterall he has had a ride on the i10 diesel, and made the prophecy of it hitting the markets soon.
Old 10th March 2010, 15:16   #6
agm
BHPian

+1 to blackasta's post

But if this news is true then it will be tough for Hyundai to sell i10 diesel at that price.

I wonder why most of the companies get carried away just because their 1-2 model's selling in good numbers.

Last edited by agm : 10th March 2010 at 15:18.
Old 10th March 2010, 15:39   #7
BHPian

If prices are to be believed Hyundai's Jazz is in the offing!

May be Hyundai emulating i10 diesel to sell more Vernas? by witnessing what Honda's Jazz doing to promote high sales for sedan City

We Indians made i20 to sell in 4K units despite high pricing and Hyundai has got the Nerves!

In India if any car manufacturer for a manual diesel hatch with all reasonable comfort and safety features (ABS and 2 airbags ) prices above 5.5 lakhs maximum, buyers must LEARN to stop buying them.

Genuine price correction will take place in Indian car market by itself.
Old 10th March 2010, 16:00   #8
agm
BHPian

^ Could'nt agree more.i20 is indeed a very good vehicle , with all those features which one could think of,but then at 6.5L with that 1.2 80bhp puny engine,is it worth it?no,not by a country mile :|
Old 10th March 2010, 16:13   #9
BHPian

Indians will always be taken for a ride...literally. Maruti is a testament to the fact that we will always buy whatever is thrown to us. We are proud displaying an ABS badge on the boot as if it were something which we should be very proud of where-as this is something which they whould have given without even making any noise.
Sorry 4 venting some steam here.
Old 10th March 2010, 16:41   #10
BHPian

its beleivable

i dont trust rediff either, but the strategy on part of hyundai is beleivable.

1. If they are looking to grow the sales of i10 to 15000 units per month from the current 10000 ish, then a diesel option is almost mandatory
2. i10 diesel is a great option to compete with the swift diesel because the i20 is clearly priced a notch higher and is still able to sell in good numbers
Old 10th March 2010, 17:14   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
If prices are to be believed Hyundai's Jazz is in the offing!

We Indians made i20 to sell in 4K units despite high pricing and Hyundai has got the Nerves!
The price seems to be on the higher side for sure. i20 sells good numbers for a reason. I thought it was overpriced too. I am sure Jazz pricing is a good reason for i20 pricing to feel reasonable.To give you an idea, top-end i20 Petrol sells for 7L on road in Bangalore. Jazz is priced @ 8.44 L on road. i20 top end has
1. 6 airbags
2. Sunroof
3. Excellent display console - Shows date, time, track played, info on the music source (CD, FM, Track information, 2 trip meters, one timer)
4. Audio supports USB input, iPod, Aux IN - Player supports MP3 and WMA formats
5. Steering mounted controls
6. Height adjustable seats
7. Adjustable Steering
8. Automatic climate control
9. Alloy wheels
10. Electrically adjustable and retractable OVRMs
11. Front and rear fog lamps

All this you get @ 1.5 L less than Jazz. I LOVED Jazz. I bought an i20 CRDI for the same price of Jazz (my daily running is around 80 kms and diesel made sense for me) - The engine is silky smooth for a diesel, and gives AWESOME fuel efficiency. It was so easy for me to decide on i20 CRDI over Jazz.

I like the space Jazz offers. However, Anyone would be tempted by the luxury offered by i20. They sell the same car they sell in Europe AFAIK. (not true even for i10 where some of the parts are India specific)

Jazz single-handedly rationalized i20 pricing for me (I may have written elsewhere in the forum that i20 pricing is insane when it was launched)

Does this make i10 a value proposition? I don't know. We'll need to wait till Hyundai releases the specs (even announce it officially)

But, my respect for the value Hyundai brings to table is getting higher everytime I drive my i20 (I own / have owned of other non-Hyundai cars other segments too)

Just wanted to tell you why i20 sells :-)
Old 10th March 2010, 17:59   #12
BHPian

pricing difference of over 70-80k above petrol one will make i10 diesel a dead product
Old 10th March 2010, 18:02   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Indians will always be taken for a ride...literally. Maruti is a testament to the fact that we will always buy whatever is thrown to us. We are proud displaying an ABS badge on the boot as if it were something which we should be very proud of where-as this is something which they whould have given without even making any noise.
Sorry 4 venting some steam here.
Ever wondered, those who want to drive a diesel Swift dont need Air bags, but petrol Swift drivers may need them. Thats how Maruti has been selling those swifts since so many years.
Old 10th March 2010, 18:15   #14
Senior - BHPian

The article is purely based on speculation.
"Hyundai has denied any plans for a diesel i10.. auto industry analysts say that such a variant, if it is launched.. could be priced.."
Old 10th March 2010, 18:23   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
The price seems to be on the higher side for sure. i20 sells good numbers for a reason. I thought it was overpriced too. I am sure Jazz pricing is a good reason for i20 pricing to feel reasonable.To give you an idea, top-end i20 Petrol sells for 7L on road in Bangalore. Jazz is priced @ 8.44 L on road. i20 top end has
1. 6 airbags
2. Sunroof
3. Excellent display console - Shows date, time, track played, info on the music source (CD, FM, Track information, 2 trip meters, one timer)
4. Audio supports USB input, iPod, Aux IN - Player supports MP3 and WMA formats
5. Steering mounted controls
6. Height adjustable seats
7. Adjustable Steering
8. Automatic climate control
9. Alloy wheels
10. Electrically adjustable and retractable OVRMs
11. Front and rear fog lamps

All this you get @ 1.5 L less than Jazz. I LOVED Jazz. I bought an i20 CRDI for the same price of Jazz (my daily running is around 80 kms and diesel made sense for me) - The engine is silky smooth for a diesel, and gives AWESOME fuel efficiency. It was so easy for me to decide on i20 CRDI over Jazz.

I like the space Jazz offers. However, Anyone would be tempted by the luxury offered by i20. They sell the same car they sell in Europe AFAIK. (not true even for i10 where some of the parts are India specific)

Jazz single-handedly rationalized i20 pricing for me (I may have written elsewhere in the forum that i20 pricing is insane when it was launched)

Does this make i10 a value proposition? I don't know. We'll need to wait till Hyundai releases the specs (even announce it officially)

But, my respect for the value Hyundai brings to table is getting higher everytime I drive my i20 (I own / have owned of other non-Hyundai cars other segments too)

Just wanted to tell you why i20 sells :-)
Sriram,

I agree i20 offers features that makes the user feel that he has bought a sensibly modern car.

Hyundai i20 being produced in cheap labour country in India yet i20 is sold for a premium of 1L to Indians and diesel i20 is all the more expensive 8.44L OTR is a seious money less 30% indian road taxes, excise, VAT 6L price is equivalent of US$ 13K which will fetch you an A/T 4 years 150K milege warranty and a GPS easily within the same price being a Hyundai .

Money spent on cars should fetch Indians truely what they deserve as genuine buyers. Hyundai is encouraged to fleece Indians unduly by the likes of Honda!

Last edited by harimakesh : 10th March 2010 at 18:28.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks