Team-BHP - BS Motoring pays the Bolero a Tribute
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   BS Motoring pays the Bolero a Tribute (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/77123-bs-motoring-pays-bolero-tribute.html)

Just chanced upon this Article in BS Motoring on the Bolero.

They paid a tribute to the Bolero by taking it for a spin across 6 states in a span of Six days.

Quite a nice Read. Also uploading some of the pictures I found.

The Article link is Mtj Bolero.qxd

Hey Nice Article,

I found this video on the you tube as well.

YouTube - BS Motoring Desert Storm - Celebrating the Mahindra Bolero

Nice pics
Yes, the Humble Bolero is a solid, reliable beast.
Notwithstanding the fact that there are lots of other options, this continues to sell in huge numbers for the value conscious, utility oriented segment of people. No mean feat that!

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 1777253)
Nice pics
Yes, the Humble Bolero is a solid, reliable beast.
Notwithstanding the fact that there are lots of other options, this continues to sell in huge numbers for the value conscious, utility oriented segment of people. No mean feat that!

The best looking vehicle from the Mahindra stable.It's a shame that they are stiffling it by retaining the underpowered 63 BHP engine.(Storm doesn't seems to be a practical option). Bolero DI with more oomph and 4WD, the Scorpio may have faced tough times!:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 1777253)
Yes, the Humble Bolero is a solid, reliable beast... for the value conscious, utility oriented segment of people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashley Nair (Post 1780040)
...It's a shame that they are stiffling it by retaining the underpowered 63 BHP engine.(Storm doesn't seems to be a practical option). Bolero DI with more oomph and 4WD, the Scorpio may have faced tough times!:Frustrati

I agree with both you guys. After having driven the Bolero Storm for about 30000 kms in the past one year I feel that M&M have been wasteful by offering a 97bhp crde engine on the Bolero platform. I mean, people who drive Boleros as described by Shankar are people who are want a sturdy, low-maintenance, point A to point B travel plain-jane ride ... so why would they be interested in a Bolero with a jet engine?! I feel that a very good move would be to plug the Scorpio M2DI engine into all the Boleros and offer 4WD to satisfy genuine jeep folks like Ashley. Meanwhile plonk the 97bhp crde engine into the current Scorpio M2DI to offer a 'poor man's Scorpio' for genuinely poor Scorp fans like me.

P.S: I didn't buy my Bolero Storm. It was bought for me by my FIL who felt that for 8Lacs buying a brand new Bolero was a better option than buying a used Scorpio. @#*$%^:Frustrati! Ever since, I'm paying the price for his goof-up with backaches and sore bottoms every weekend.

nice article.
bolero is work horse ,you can use it as you wish.

great pics. i want to know which cam are these pics shot with?!!!