Team-BHP - Which medium do you think is most effective for car advertisements?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Which medium do you think is most effective for car advertisements? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/77233-medium-do-you-think-most-effective-car-advertisements.html)

Television
Internet
Newspaper
Magazines

Advertisements are a real good way to keep reminding the different aspects related to your brand and car. Specially now when customers are spoilt for choice with so many car models to choose from, proper advertising becomes even more important. But advertisements require a lot of money and hence the company should try to optimise its effect and reach.

Two things are important in an advertisement - media selection and ad itself.
The media selection - tv, print , internet, etc is very important as it effects the cost, reach, target customers, etc.

Please voice your opinions on the best media for car advertisements

I feel it should be TV, newspaper and then internet/mag. I think in todays world TV and Paper still have the max viewer ship.

I feel it's Newspaper, TV

TV and then newspaper.

None of above. The best is word of mouth.

i Vote for NewsPaper

IMHO, television is the best medium for car advertisement. Most of us watch TV at least 10 minutes a day. The video and audio in a tv advertisement catch our mind very easily.

I think , both Internet and News Paper , Even FIAT has started to send out advertisement mailers to people advertising the new variants in 1.2 lts , i got a email today of same advertisement . it's a nice medium anyways along with News paper, People hardly have time to watch TV these days ...so the choice of both

Magazines - if it were auto magazines then I would agree its a better medium

Ask manufacturers and they will tell you what.

The day a car AD appears in the Newspaper, the company receives almost 20-30 times the enquiry it would receive on a normal day.

So if an average daily enquiry is 50, then the day Newspaper ad appears, the enquiries go up to almost 1500

People take news paper to read it that is not the case with TV, people just sit infront of the TV to kill time not even concentrating on what is showing. And most of the people read news paper when they have enough free time. So Print ad have better impact, voted for it!.Most of the news paper ads have enough information what a normal customer is looking for, in case of TV it's just a graphical illusion :-))

We cant just pin point one as the best. Different cars target different segments of the general population. Overall TV has the widest reachable audience but certain high end cars like Merc, BMW, Porsche etc may find it not as effective as advertising it in certain magazines/newspapers. Corporate employees prefer to read their early morning paper and like browsing through business magazines. So for such a target audience, the manufacturer is better of on appropriate papers/mags. The Page 3 crowd like fancy wheels, so such manufacturers might want to print it on glossy mags such as Filmfare, Cosmo etc. Remember, TV ads are expensive but reach the widest segment. Its not economical for high end brands to advertise on TV as the bulk of people may not be able to afford them. Selecting certain shows, such as NDTV Profit, will pay off better. Nonetheless, in general, TV will reap in the best results for economical cars. Newspapers and Magazines can list out details of the engine which is not possible on TV. So in terms of details they have the edge. What surprises me is that how come no one said internet is goof. The Internet is a very efficient tool for advertising and the target audience is growing day by day. It is also affordable and cannot be written off. Tough call to say which is best. They all have pros and cons!
Since its a general discussion with no criteria, I voted for the Internet! The reason: Simple, we BHPians log into this web sit everyday, and in car discussions, we carry out research. SO we contribute a high percent to the manufacturer's website's 'hits'. :)

Though so many new media options are coming up, the popular media is Tv still. Video helps in creating the imagery. Hoardings will be good reminders. And for car buyers, internet space is a thorough research arena - 73% get on to this. Newspapers are lovely announcers. And always a best plan will be a resultant of the selected customer group.

It depends on which segment car you want to promote

Entry segment (Nano/M800 class) : Use Trade shows, Price splash via News papers, Organize roadshows. this will help the target audience (who might be bit hesitant to visit the showrooms) to touch and feel the car, talk to the sales people and understand more.
TV spots are expensive hence not suitable for low priced cars.

Mid Segment (B+, C, C+ classes) : Use TV, newspaper ads, Re-in force through hordings. This target buyers are not hesitant to visit the show rooms.

Premium Segment Cars: These target people generally do not sit infront of TV for watching ads. Generall read Economic times or business news.
for attracting such people one needs to do a Volkswagen type road block or invite a specific launch party in a five star hotel or a Beetle Club type launch. Send personalized brosures including all the details like financing options etc. Also used Loyalty channel, target previous customers. This is called Targetted Selling. This will result in higher conversion

I have not voted for any particular option above.