Team-BHP - Maruti Diesel Cars :: On Its way
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti Diesel Cars :: On Its way (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/7724-maruti-diesel-cars-its-way.html)

Hi,

I went to Maruti dealer in Chandigarh as i had a accident. I got a MUL insurance so i was discussing with thier executive about how much will depreciation cost me. Suddenly i asked him about when is maruti rolling out thier diesel cars as thier plants are fully setuped now and they have started production of diesel engines now.

And guess what i was surprised what the guy said. He said Maruti gonna roll out diesel cars in Jan 2006 and may be they are goign to roll out a new diesel car tooo... clap:

Dunno how much true is this news but it will be kool if they roll out till jan 06. :)

So what do you guys think will they able to roll out diesel cars till jan 06? Think about it.

Bye Bye.

Whoa - If that news is reliable then Maruti has been F-A-S-T in getting the diesel plant ready.

I guess the 1.3 JTD will power everything from the Swift to the Esteem. I think a diesel Swift will be really really appealing.

GTO

i am thinking of M800's using a small compact diesel.
giving a mileage of 30/40kms/litre
:)

One more thing. I was checking threads on Team BHP forum. and i saw a thread about maruti including CRDi engines in their diesel cars. Is that true?

Man this suspense should get over fast because this time i want to buy a good car. I dont wanna go on looks like i did when i bought new Zen about 1.5 yrs ago.

What maruti needs to boost Vitara sales is a diesel engine...with the new Vitara launched abroad it wont be far that we have it on our roads too....the new Vitara is much crisper looking and packs some really smart interiors too....for the first time it does feel like an 18 lakh SUV but to really set the ball rolling for maruti in the SUV segment is to come up with a CRDI engine to launch with the new Vitara. If they can work out their pricing to fall lower with the diesel variant than it will be an open War against the much awaited Toyota Fortuner.
Here's a sneak peek at the new Vitara launched in the US recently for those who havent seen it.... http://www.suzukiauto.com/sr_06/gran...y/exterior.php

Nothing that ive heard on the diesel cars from MUL. Last I heard the diesels will be launched only in the last quarter of 2006. Time to snoop around i guess. Will have to talk to MUL guys and try and get some info.

Will get back.

cheers

But since FIAT has tied up with TATA..I wonder whether FIAT will supply its JTD diesel technology to Maruti? What Maruti will do in that case since they dont get diesel engine from Peugoet anymore?

TATA wont allow it also..because Maruti is their direct competitor..

Even i have heard some rumours about WagonR+ 1.3 JTd. Dont know if it is produced anywhere else in the world, but the first Maruti Diesel should really be the WagonR+

Hasopi this is to clarify you. Maruti contract with fiat finished last year. That is why MUL doesnt have any diesel cars sellign in market. They have settuped thier own diesel engines plant and have started production on engines.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hasopi
But since FIAT has tied up with TATA..I wonder whether FIAT will supply its JTD diesel technology to Maruti? What Maruti will do in that case since they dont get diesel engine from Peugoet anymore?

TATA wont allow it also..because Maruti is their direct competitor..

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhibh
Hasopi this is to clarify you. Maruti contract with fiat finished last year. That is why MUL doesnt have any diesel cars sellign in market. They have settuped thier own diesel engines plant and have started production on engines.

Buddy..its the contract with Peugoet that got over last year. Maruti (Suzuki ) had entered into a new contract with FIAT this year.

http://www.bsmotoring.com/2004/may29_2.htm

Its with FIAT know-how Maruti is setting up a diesel engine plant now. Correct me If I am wrong here.

That was a few months back when FIAT did not had an alliance with TATA.

But now its an altogether different picture..its clear that TATA & FIAT is going to have alliance globally. So naturally, TATA will force FIAT, not to supply its diesel know-how to Maruti.

So unless, Maruti had foreseen this prior to signing the contract, they are going to be in a fix. Where to get diesel engines?

Suzuki launched the Swift in UK with a DDis diesel engine which is a "derivative" of Fiat's Multi-jet is what i read on business standard motoring some time back. ( of course the engine was the multi-jet just re-badged ddis but suzuki wouldn't want to tell people that)
If fiat and tata have a global alliance then suzuki shouldn't be allowed to use fiat's diesels globally right? Anyway, from what i know Suzuki and fiat have a stake in each other and thats why they are into platform and engine sharing. This alliance doesn't change that stake, so I guess things shouldn't change for maruti. For example in Europe the Opel Corsa and the Fiat Punto are sold with the Multi-jet diesel so I don't see any reason why maruti swift, tata indica and fiat palio can't compete against each other after having the same multi-jet engine.

Going by the current trend of alliances with in Auto Majors..soooner we will have only type of car in a segment but different names & stickers :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hasopi
Going by the current trend of alliances with in Auto Majors..soooner we will have only type of car in a segment but different names & stickers :-)

very true. and every car you buy, will eventually be american.

Maruti has allready settuped their plants and have started production of engines as i heared in news.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dceite
Even i have heard some rumours about WagonR+ 1.3 JTd. Dont know if it is produced anywhere else in the world, but the first Maruti Diesel should really be the WagonR+

Wagon R+ is offered with the 70hp 1.3 Fiat diesel in Europe, as is the Opel Agila.

BUt is the Indian version a Wagon R or a Wagon R+. May not fit into a regular Wagon R.