Team-BHP - Aston Martin coming to india??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Aston Martin coming to india?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/7736-aston-martin-coming-india.html)

hey guys justa quickie...is aston martin coming to india wtih the new AM V8 vantage or am i just being silly? Also is the price comparable to the porsche carrera S or is it more?
cheers

Thread moved to Indian Car Scene

There was a news few days back about Aston Martin coming to India with nearly all their models including the Vanquish S.

Yes I remembr reading that too, although I sometimes fail to understand the excitement about it....coz people who can afford to buy such cars can do so evn now w/o official company presence....
I would be more interested to know if/when VW plan to manufacture cheap hatches in India or when Nissan/Renault do the same. (coz that will affect a bigger percentage of the buying public rather than the super-rich and celebs)

long time back in sify video sectiong i saw this report or shall i say TV clip where they day that DB9 to come to India with a tag of 17Cr.. will search for the link now and post it

Ya guys.. Aston Martin is indeed coming to India.. first with the AM V8.. dont know the dealer as yet.. 2 Aston Martin representatives had visited Navnit Motors at Thane to see the setup and feasibility of a dealership here a few months back.. dont know whatever happened thereafter.. but they r gonna be here thats for sure!!

But Maverick..arent Navnit Motors only for BMWs? or am I Wrong?
Aston Martin = Ford Motor Co. So any chances Navnit gonna sell Astons too??

Agreed they are Ford.. but so is Land Rover!! and we do sell them.. i also saw the brouchers for the AM V8 at our office.. but the mgmt hasnt revealed anything yet.. so cant really say anything concrete right now..

great!... ne idea how much the AMv8 costs?

I don't think Aston Martin will come to India too soon. Ford plans to introduce the Jaguar marque later this year. My guess is they'll see what kind of response they get and only then think of launching Aston Martin. If Aston does come here, I'll be jumping with joy - Jaguar, Aston Martin and Porsche, my three absolute favourite marques, all available in India!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinner
long time back in sify video sectiong i saw this report or shall i say TV clip where they day that DB9 to come to India with a tag of 17Cr.. will search for the link now and post it

I guess it should be 1.7 cr. It's certainly cheaper than a Bentley Continental GT.

hmm 1.7cr is too much aint it...i mean considering the AMV8 is direct competition for the porsche carrera s

Quote:

Originally Posted by superunknown
hmm 1.7cr is too much aint it...i mean considering the AMV8 is direct competition for the porsche carrera s

We're talking about the DB9.

Wow that is pretty cool, the DB9 is similarly priced in US as the Conti GT so I would guess it would be the same in india and as for the AMV8, there is no pricing here, but I have been told its around 90-100k mark so it would be closer or a tad higher than the 911s in India, so something like 1cr, but still good stuff..I love all Astons, they are truely beautiful machines...I hope there is one in my future..

According to a newspaper report Aston martin coming to India on april 15th!

Here is the article

Quote:

Come 15th April, 2011, we will have yet another scorcher of a sportscar range arriving into Gandhiland. The British Bulldog car brand or Aston Martin will set shop first in Mumbai, after which a Delhi dealership will be opened. The Infinity group of Mumbai, which runs the BMW dealership at Mumbai and Nagpur will be the Mumbai dealer for Aston Martin while Deutsche Motoren will be the Delhi dealer.
While Aston Martin has remained close lipped about which car models it will launch in India, we’re anticipating all of it’s models: Vantage V8, DB9, Virage, DBS and Rapide barring the Cygnet to be offered to Indian customers. To be priced between 1.3 to 2.9 Crore India rupees, the Aston Martins will compete with the likes of the Ferraris, Porsches and Lamborghinis in India.
Known for bespoke luxury and high performance, Aston Martins have always been very stylish cars that offer supercar like performance in a luxurious everyday use setting. Thus far, Aston Martin has already found 30 buyers in India, hinting at a very strong demand for the British luxury sportscar marquee even before it’s official launch.

I saw an Aston Martin being off loaded a flat bed truck at the HPCL fuel bunk on the corner when you turn to worli sea face coming from Haji Ali.

I could not make out the model as it was dark, but the car was being taken inside a enclosed parking area right behind the sales office and ATM. The light inside the garage was on , and i could see the Aston Martin logo pasted on the glass wall.

Is that the stock yard for them?