Team-BHP - Which is the best car launch in recent times? Manza, Figo, Beat, Polo etc....
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Which is the best car launch in recent times? Manza, Figo, Beat, Polo etc.... (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/77388-best-car-launch-recent-times-manza-figo-beat-polo-etc.html)

We have seen a lot of new car launches in the last 6 months - Manza, Beat, Figo, Polo, 370Z. All these cars have been launhed with much fanfare and have seen some excellent advertising and marketing skills. This is incresingly becoming imporatant as we have seen the initial sales of a new product is very high.

The Manza was launched with a teaser and a competition which could win you a chauffer driven manza for a day.
The Beat was launched with a game, where people had to identify the attributes the Beat stands for - cute, sexy, etc, and so on.....
Also this was also accompained by a full page ad in the major newspapers on the day of the launch. Also the internet as a medium is also gaining popularity, and automakers are going all out to promote their cars. Marketing and PR department at work.

What according to you was the best car launch of recent times which created the hype, awareness and interest in the product in a short span, and made people to enquire about the car and visit the showroom for a TD. Also what activities (Ads, teasers, games, etc) do you recommend while launching a new car.

I think that the Manza was the best launch. The teaser campaigns created a lot of interst in the car. Also the competition was also very well conceived and designed.
For new launches I would suggest full page newspapers ads and also using internet as a medium (google ads, website ads), as it is increasingly gaining popularity. Also internet based games have been very successful.

Amongst the new car launches that you have listed out, I would go in for the launch of the Manza too for the public interest that it generated !

Myself Having won a small gift from TATA motors for my participation in the Manza compaign which in essence speaks for Manza to be the best interactive Car Launch ever I have come across.

Nevertheless I like all car launches that happens in India and compare the features offered to Indians by the car manufacturers.

An A/T Diesel Hatch at 5.5lakh would be the best launch for me.:D

Both the Manza and the Polo created a lot of interest with their advertisement campaigns. So for me the Manza and the Polo were the best new car launches in the recent times.
P.S. This thread deserves a poll.
:OT
EDIT: What did you win harimakesh? Just a little inquisitive!

According to me the best new launch is Manza, teaser images they released prior to the launch were really good and made people to think that it is something different from what Tata offered before.

Manza for me, although VW did quite a lot of marketing for the POLO. The media visit to the factory after the initial pre production batch did generate quite a lot of interest. This did build up a lot of expectation but i am actually diappointed with the POLO. Guess i expected too much. The Manza though is as impressive as its marketing..!

I think the manza launch was the most hyped and the final product almost ws upto expectations.car makers are getting aggressive at marketing that makes me compare it to film Avatar where the marketing budget was nearly 40% of total.Even TATA Xenon had many ad windows popping up in browser!

FORD FIGO TDCi (Especially Titanium)

has to be the polo
the amount of publicity created for it the amount of cash spent on it , very few companies dare to do this.

I believe in the following order. The rationale for this belief is also given below:

1. Figo - Value for money, good quality, reliable product, reasonable customer care.
2. Beat - Value for money, reasonable quality, but changing attitude of Chevy and their dealers to customers, as the sales improved.
3. Polo - Good quality but not value for money.
4. Manza - "Something always miss" if it is a car from Tata Motors.

The best launch IMHO is Manza :)

From all the cars that I've test-driven in the last 12 months, the two gamechangers that really impressed me are:

Tata Manza : Super space, ride quality, equipment, engine and gearbox. A Tata that can actually brake! If Tata can get rid of the niggles, this is the best 6.5 lakh rupee sedan to buy.

Toyota Fortuner : An all-rounded SUV with mega torque and typical Toyota body-on-frame robustness. Well priced. Too bad about the brakes though.

Price wise, its the Figo that has shaken up the market.

I feel the thread is going :OT

We are supposed to discuss the best car launches & not the best car launched.

My vote goes for the MANZA

My vote goes to the Figo. Purely because Ford put it's marketing muscle behind it and set the cat among the pigeons with the pricing. The Indian small car industry has been shaken up with the launch of the Figo, the Beat and (to a lesser extent) the Polo. The Figo, however, ticks the highest number of boxes for me.

The Manza comes a close second, the Fortuner a distant third.

My vote is for polo. They launched with very good ad campaign on news paper. No wonder Polo has waiting period of 3 months, also people have booked the car paying full amount even without TD!

PS: how about adding a POLL to the thread!