Team-BHP - New Cab Service in Mumbai? - EasyCabs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Cab Service in Mumbai? - EasyCabs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/77474-new-cab-service-mumbai-easycabs.html)

Is there a new cab service in Mumbai launched today? I have seen a parade of about 30-40 silver Hyundai Accents in the last one hour, with the TAXI tab above the front windshield and some yellow vinyls pasted on the side (too far for me to read, obv). Seems like there is a new service operating in Mumbai from today.

Good idea IMO, since Meru and the current operators really can't handle all the peak-time business according to me. More often than not, the phone claims a half hour wait for the next available cab.

Anyone have any info on this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyingspur (Post 1783936)
Is there a new cab service in Mumbai launched today? I have seen a parade of about 30-40 silver Hyundai Accents in the last one hour, with the TAXI tab above the front windshield and some yellow vinyls pasted on the side (too far for me to read, obv). Seems like there is a new service operating in Mumbai from today.

Good idea IMO, since Meru and the current operators really can't handle all the peak-time business according to me. More often than not, the phone claims a half hour wait for the next available cab.

Anyone have any info on this?

Could be EasyCabs. Source: 'We will give Mumbai world-class cab service'

Features:
- Marathi speaking drivers
- Approx 1200 cars mostly for high profile customers
- Hyundai Accents

I also saw them on the Santacruz bridge at about 4.30PM. These were brand new Accents. This taxi service EASY CABS will be launched on 18th march. I had called on the no.43434343 written on the doors.

I must say, that's a very poor choice of car. The Hyundai Accent, with its ultra low rear seat, is probably the worst taxicab you can hire.

The Indigo & Logan are way more suited to the role. Higher seat and more space too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 1785234)
I must say, that's a very poor choice of car. The Hyundai Accent, with its ultra low rear seat, is probably the worst taxicab you can hire.

I suspect a clearance sale of sorts. Hyundai made good money on this for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 1785234)

The Indigo & Logan are way more suited to the role. Higher seat and more space too.

The company is probably putting image over comfort here. The hyundai accent has a bigger brand image to those that are not very car-savvy.
Hence when they have a choice over a Tata Indigo or a Hyundai Accent cab at their disposal they would pick the latter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 1785265)
The company is probably putting image over comfort here. The hyundai accent has a bigger brand image to those that are not very car-savvy.
Hence when they have a choice over a Tata Indigo or a Hyundai Accent cab at their disposal they would pick the latter.

Very True. Hyundai Accents' are still perceived as more upmarket than Indigo's and Logan's...maybe they are trying to create some differentiation with "premium taxi service"(?) over others.
The accent's back seat is the worst that i have experienced. This is the only car that makes me car sick on long commutes...always use the front seat in the accent.

Yeh MUMBAI hai meri jaan !!! Style counts in a very big way exactly pointed by someone before me the Hyundai accent is perceived to be a better car than mahindra Logan and Tata indigo And the fleet taxi business is need of the hour someone has made maximum out of the Hyundai clearance sale !!!Early morning airport drop s are a great with these fleet taxi s. The regular black yellow taxi s alway s try to fleece you !!!!

Guys i did manage of spot one of these Accents at Worli near Nehru centre. Well it`s a pity that a more suitable car was not chosen. I would have preferred something like an SX4 (yeah maybe wishful thinking).

Quote:

Originally Posted by punitkakri (Post 1785738)
Guys i did manage of spot one of these Accents at Worli near Nehru centre. Well it`s a pity that a more suitable car was not chosen. I would have preferred something like an SX4 (yeah maybe wishful thinking).

If you prefer there is an SX4 cool cab (the blue ones) that you can find. The owner stays somewhere around the ghatkopar area.

Just to point out Easy Cabs is a NCR based company. TBHPians in NCR, what kinda cabs does EasyCabs have there?

EasyCabs in Hyderabad runs Logans. In NCR I have once used (2 years back) a Esteem from EasyCabs. Not sure if the same is used now.

why cant these cos pick up the eeco. it must be much more comfortable , FE and cheaper than these cars

Hyundai Accent as a cab! What were they thinking!
Maybe they got a good discount from Hyundai for buying their stock of 09 models in bulk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by narayan (Post 1787528)
why cant these cos pick up the eeco. it must be much more comfortable , FE and cheaper than these cars

But there is a 3 month waiting for the Eeco.
BTW in Goa the govt is not renewing the permits of cars under 1000 cc. There are a lot of Omni cabs and these guys will want to upgrade to the Eeco. So sorry Mumbai guys, no Eeco for you. We have the priority.

Quote:

Originally Posted by narayan (Post 1787528)

Wings Radio Taxi in Pune uses some Eeco's.