Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2014, 13:10   #61
BHPian

Re: Pollution Check in Chennai - Alert

Guys, if anyone knows a pollution testing centre near Medavakkom in Chennai, please help me out. I am looking for one but cant find any nearby !! Thanks in advance.
Old 12th September 2014, 20:58   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand3553 View Post
Guys, if anyone knows a pollution testing centre near Medavakkom in Chennai, please help me out. I am looking for one but cant find any nearby !! Thanks in advance.
http://www.tn.gov.in/sta/pollutiontest.pdf

You might find this useful.
drpudhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2014, 11:39   #63
BHPian

Update. For folks staying in Porur, Poonamallee area there is a pollution test centre adjacent to Poonamallee RTO. Centre name is R.S.H. Pollution Test Center. Since I stay in Iyyappanthangal I got my pollution certificate from this center last week. Unfortunately there is no actual tests done here. The chap will give you the certificate with some prefilled values. Charges as usual Rs.50/-.
Earlier I used to go a place near Tambaram RTO. That guy used to check properly and give actual values.
Old 25th August 2017, 18:38   #64
BHPian

Can someone tell me when the first emission test has to be done for a 6 month old Honda Activa and for a 2 month old car? I didn't even know emission testing has to be done for bikes and cars outside regular service in TN as well.
Old 27th August 2017, 08:17   #65
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
Can someone tell me when the first emission test has to be done for a 6 month old Honda Activa and for a 2 month old car? I didn't even know emission testing has to be done for bikes and cars outside regular service in TN as well.
It is supposed to be done every six months. I have not been asked for the certificate in over 10 years, however. Nobody would ask for the regular service certificate -- if at all they will only ask for the pollution test certificate.
rsidd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2017, 08:28   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Don't bother with it. The cops don't ask for it at all.

Only time you will be asked is if you are doing a name transfer on an used vehicle or taking your own vehicle to get a driving license at the RTO.
Ragavsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2017, 10:01   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Officially it is after 1 year of registration, and then every 6 months.
The manufacturing company issues a certificate valid for a year to the RTO which is deposited during registration the extract of the certificate is printed on RC and Tax receipt.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks