Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2010, 22:26   #46
Senior - BHPian

Nissan is claiming 20 kpl for the Thai market March but no idea what cycle.

Interior is a little plasticky and also center console ends up looking like a kids toy radio.
Old 19th March 2010, 23:48   #47
agm
BHPian

Currently they have 27 dealers(correct me if i am wrong) and recently they have given 7 new dealership.And if we compare it with VW they are on course.
Old 20th March 2010, 04:03   #48
Senior - BHPian

Is there atleast one more person on tbhp who thinks that the Micra looks ugly?

Jokes apart, each and every new car in the market is good news for the consumer. It boggles my mind when I look back at the days (not that far back) when only the Padmini's and Ambassader's ruled the roost.

I am confident that Nissan will get things right, I too respect Carlos Ghosn for the way he turned around the company. He must be feeling a little embarrassed with the Logan's failure, and I am sure that this time around they are going to get the basics right.

In fact, here is how I see it; despite them making noises about resurrecting the Renault brand, I would say that it'd be a prudent decision to launch Nissan's in a big way, leaving the Renault brand as it is. That way, they wouldn't have to waste any money trying to undo the negative image that Renault has.
Old 20th March 2010, 13:02   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Is there atleast one more person on tbhp who thinks that the Micra looks ugly?
Oh yes there is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
In fact, here is how I see it; despite them making noises about resurrecting the Renault brand, I would say that it'd be a prudent decision to launch Nissan's in a big way, leaving the Renault brand as it is. That way, they wouldn't have to waste any money trying to undo the negative image that Renault has.
There are talks of Renault starting afresh with a new lineup of cars and leaving the Logan with the shaky Mahindra Renault JV. Renault-Nissan is no pushover, so I'm sure they'll do what's best...for their products and their business. From the looks of their new Indian offerings, we'll be busy !
Old 20th March 2010, 17:37   #50
BHPian

I am not sure If I heard that Nissan 370Z will start production from the Chennai
Old 22nd March 2010, 12:19   #51
BHPian

I saw 2 black Micra on Tambaram-Velachery road today. They were parked on the road side and drivers were having tea on the roadside shop. I asked the drivers if I can take pic and they rejected with a smile and fed away immediately . Here are my observation from the 10 seconds view that I had:
  • It looks cute!! Female population is going to love it for its cute look. I guess it will attract the male crowd too for its Beetle-ish look. The side profile is beetle-like
  • The car looks very small.The size would be slightly bigger than i10, Spark etc,. Not in the league of Swith, Figo from exterior look.
  • Interiors looks good. Ash grey color.The overall feel of the interior is feels upmarket.
  • One among them had Figo-like maroon color dashboard.The color was not as dark as the one in Figo and 50% (lower part) of the dash and instrument cluster had this color.
Old 22nd March 2010, 12:53   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdrive View Post
  • The car looks very small.The size would be slightly bigger than i10, Spark etc,. Not in the league of Swith, Figo from exterior look.
Please refer earlier posts on this thread. Micra is actually bigger. Initially even i thought it looked smaller, having seen it on test once. But the stats seem to suggest otherwise.
Old 22nd March 2010, 13:49   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarSpotter View Post
I am not sure If I heard that Nissan 370Z will start production from the Chennai
I'm sorry, but production of 370Z from Chennai? You got to be kidding. It makes no sense to make a sports car in India as the demand will be less and doesnt warrant the huge investments that you would have to make.

However, as Autocar India mentioned, there might be a chance that the model could be homologated so that Nissan could import lower-spec models at a lower price.
Old 22nd March 2010, 17:06   #54
BHPian

Over all its a good news for indian consumer. I feel the real test for companies is matching/ exceeding customer expectation in sales, A.S.S etc.
Old 23rd March 2010, 08:59   #55
BHPian

Autocar First Drive Report of Nissan Micra - Nissan Micra review Review

Excerpt from it - "--- Nissan has offered automatic climate control, a feature that’s not common among hatchbacks. And it’s got electrically folding mirrors. There’s a mini on-board computer which gives real-time fuel consumption and ‘distance-to-empty’ readouts. In fact, Nissan wants to make the feature-packed Micra one of its selling points.

However, features like steering-mounted audio controls are missing for the Indian model. According to company sources, Nissan is saving some of the other goodies like steering controls for the audio and Bluetooth for hands-free phone operation for a refresh that is being planned a year after launch. ------"

Yet another skimping of features for Indian model. I hope they do throw in one or two unique features. Atleast, one true top end variant should be offered or Nissan should provide an extensive accessories list.

Guys, What do you think will be the USP's of this car?
Old 23rd March 2010, 09:21   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
Autocar First Drive Report of Nissan Micra - Nissan Micra review Review
Guys, What do you think will be the USP's of this car?
Ugly Looks .

Jokes apart, I was hoping that Nissan would bring in some perky petrols and diesels with sharp handling. Unfortunately, it seems that they'd go the interiors way, i.e. have a plush interior.
Old 23rd March 2010, 10:30   #57
BHPian

Something more from Autocar:

You get a keyless entry fob that allows you to yank the door open with it still sitting in your pocket, and the motor is fired with the help of a push button. The keyless start / stop feature is in fact a key feature! It’s the first for a B-segment car.
Old 23rd March 2010, 12:43   #58
BHPian

there was a walk-in report of the MICRA from the Chennai factory
in CNB show on NDTV yesterday.

The host said the car seems more spacious on the inside due to it's circular top. The interiors are cool. Overall quality seems to be topnotch,
but the bonnet made a tinny sound when he closed it.

the car isn't ugly. looks like a cross between the old Matiz and VW Beetle.
Will surely be a hit with the fairer sex.
And they have 11 colours to please all, including a pinkish white!!!

Last edited by Daewood : 23rd March 2010 at 12:46.
Old 23rd March 2010, 13:24   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
there was a walk-in report of the MICRA from the Chennai factory
in CNB show on NDTV yesterday.

The host said the car seems more spacious on the inside due to it's circular top. The interiors are cool. Overall quality seems to be topnotch,
but the bonnet made a tinny sound when he closed it.

the car isn't ugly. looks like a cross between the old Matiz and VW Beetle.
Will surely be a hit with the fairer sex.
And they have 11 colours to please all, including a pinkish white!!!
You did mention the tinny sound on closing the bonnet. All cars make the same noise when a metal hits the hood lock.

What was good to hear though was the solid thunk on closing the doors.
Old 23rd March 2010, 14:27   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryashiv1 View Post
Something more from Autocar:

You get a keyless entry fob that allows you to yank the door open with it still sitting in your pocket, and the motor is fired with the help of a push button. The keyless start / stop feature is in fact a key feature! It’s the first for a B-segment car.
I have a doubt whether they will give us this feature even in top end but if we get it would be a whole new feature for a B segment.

In Autocar review they said all but they have not mentioned the safety equipment list which Nissan might provide.

Most Viewed