Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2010, 12:54   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
- No camouflage.. plus why would they carelessly park it in a parking lot?
This isn't any parking lot. I am sure this one is taken inside Mahindra's premises - mostly the Kandivali plant. The black and yellow railings are a clear giveaway. You can check them in the Logan video - 'Mahindra Renault Logan's dig on other cars' thread.Unless they are photo-shopped too
Old 23rd March 2010, 13:35   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
This is a photoshopped pic.

- The new Logans have larger ORVMs, this one carries the older ones.
- Lines in some places are distorted or missing.
- The bottom right side of the bumper is lower than the left.
- The length of the Logan is 4.2 m, they need it to shorten it to 4m. Why would they chop off the whole boot, when it can be done just by shortening the bumpers.
- No camouflage.. plus why would they carelessly park it in a parking lot?
I second you. These are just photoshopped images and 20cm reduction can be achieved by altering the front and rear bumpers.
Old 23rd March 2010, 14:50   #33
BHPian

BS Motoring: SCOOP : Logan CS snapped!

SCOOP! : Logan CS snapped!
Old 23rd March 2010, 14:54   #34
BANNED

ouch! looks tragic from that angle! hopefully they will rework the rear end before launch! It almost looks like photoshop work! the article says 30k to 50k cheaper that the sedan! it iwll be a 'premimum' hatch at that price!
Old 23rd March 2010, 14:56   #35
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a PS job. How come the rear bumper is so clean when the car is so dirty!
Old 23rd March 2010, 15:01   #36
BHPian

looks more like a PS job.

But if its for real, then it is one of most weirdest design to be ever launched in India.
Old 23rd March 2010, 18:12   #37
Senior - BHPian

It looks like a 3rd grade PS job. Look at the way the windscreen dust was merged with the dry leaves, and how come the rear right corner of the bumper has more gloss and a misaligned fit?

I would sincerely request our expert, Mr. Rudra Sir, to kindly give his insights onto whether this pic is real of a fake.

Last edited by sidindica : 23rd March 2010 at 18:15.
Old 23rd March 2010, 18:19   #38
Senior - BHPian

Notice how the rear bumper/lights is shiny whereas the rest of car is dusty.
Old 23rd March 2010, 18:33   #39
BHPian

Bring it on - people will buy

If this is real, I feel this would be a good move, a power packed, feature rich vehicle..
Old 23rd March 2010, 19:28   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I can't decide whether to phrase this news item as "management blindness" or "too little too late". Reviving a failed product in India, 4 years after launch, is an incredibly uphill task. Plus, the Logan looked outdated at the time of launch and looks even more outdated today. The game has moved on. Just look at what the Tata Manza offers for LESS $$$ than the Logan. Is THIS Renault's reply to the Manza?

Renault would do good in not throwing good money after bad, and moving on. The Logan is finished. Time to bring in truly modern products and - importantly - price them well to start with. Flogging a dead horse like the Logan is only going to cost them brand equity.

P.S. : Whoever thought up the Logan's pricing strategy should be fired (if not already).
I disagree.
They'd be successful if they price is right just like how Maruti did with the Eeco.
Afterall, the Logan was designed to be ridiculously cheap, right?
Old 23rd March 2010, 19:55   #41
BHPian

I dont see any use or hope in reviving this product. If anything, i beleive that renault will damage its brand image by persisting with this product just as Fiat did with the Siena/Petra. The logan faces an uphill task to rake in any respectable sales from this point on. Besides, there are too many better products at this pricepoint - The Manza, Dzire and Accent are at a significant advantage in the looks and features department over the logan.

Renault, time to retire this model, move up the value chain and introduce cars from your Korean and Wester European lineup
Old 23rd March 2010, 21:46   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthym View Post
This isn't any parking lot. I am sure this one is taken inside Mahindra's premises - mostly the Kandivali plant. The black and yellow railings are a clear giveaway. You can check them in the Logan video - 'Mahindra Renault Logan's dig on other cars' thread.Unless they are photo-shopped too
Not sure whether that video was shot at an MRPL or not, but this is a PS job.

Took the help of irfanview. In the following pic, I have increased the 'Gama Correction level' to '3.00' and 'Saturation' level to '150'.

You can clearly see the difference in colour. Traces of brush strokes (not exactly brush, but use of clone stamp, I think) not seen anywhere else in the picture.

Also clearer is.. the bottom right part of the rear bumper being lower than the left.

One more thing, I don't remember noticing any prototype with wheel covers.
Attached Thumbnails
Logan will not die; Cheaper, shorter, improved Logan expected-1269249349a1857-larger-size1.jpg  

Old 23rd March 2010, 21:57   #43
BHPian

This sure looks like a PS job. Its a new model that Renault is banking on and its parked so carelessly in a public parking lot?? (BTW, some one said it could be mahindra's factory -Doesn't look like it. THe car parked next to this logan is an Esteem and there is parking lot for Bikes right opposite, in the picture!)

Even if the pic is true, it still looks yuck to me!
Old 23rd March 2010, 21:58   #44
BHPian

No idea why Renault is hell bent upon further tarnishing its image.
Its almost going the Peugeot way. If it continues to bring in such shoddy products into the Indian market, no one would accept it when it actually comes up with a decent automobile.
Old 23rd March 2010, 22:24   #45
Senior - BHPian

@ashutoshb the pic showing the black logan has been taken from M&Ms Kandivili plant right?

Spike
Closed Thread

Most Viewed