Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2010, 17:19   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshkishore View Post
I'm sure you meant 6' and not 6".
Thanks for correcting Suresh. I'm always confused with these symbols.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
@shantanumishra - i would just like to mention something about the feeling that i10 is overpriced.

Most of the people never go for the version with ABS and AIRBAGS. I had booked a wagon-r before a few months. It was VXI and the on road price( with discounts and some additional features+i10 sportz) around 4.05-4.10 lakhs.

In the mean time, the offer we got for i10 sportz was around 4.30 lakhs.
I would never mind to spend the extra 20 k for the i10 for its tougher build, better interiors with excellent quality, ability for seating 3 people in better comfort and better stability at speeds ( not about speeds above 120 n all).

The asta is definitely overpriced, but people go mainly for sportz and magna ( or even era) trims, so while comparing with the general trim levels that go on sale, i feel i10 cannot be termed as an overpriced product!

these are just my personal opinions and this is not to hurt or provoke anyone! :-)
thank you
I think you're referring to the period post-May 2009, that was when i10 Magna was for 3.90L on road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Maruthi has crossed the 'One Million Car per year' mark today with launch it seems. Saw an article in TOI online.

Please check the TOI link for detailed news : Maruti Suzuki rolls out first millionth car in a year - India Business - Biz - The Times of India
Great, I saw the article in HT. No offences meant to anyone but I've a query. I've seen people from South use 'TH' instead of 'T' in words like mpksuhas used Maruthi. Even in Delhi there's one place known as Thyagraj Nagar (People from South form the major share of Residents) whereas the word we use in Tyag. Can anyone tell me why so? It's a question which came in my mind and nowhere do I mean to criticise or de-mean someone.
Old 24th March 2010, 17:31   #47
BHPian

totally agree to tsk13, everybody in Bangalore calls me Shanthanu and not Shantanu

No offences to anyone.
Old 24th March 2010, 17:36   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Great, I saw the article in HT. No offences meant to anyone but I've a query. I've seen people from South use 'TH' instead of 'T' in words like mpksuhas used Maruthi. Even in Delhi there's one place known as Thyagraj Nagar (People from South form the major share of Residents) whereas the word we use in Tyag. Can anyone tell me why so? It's a question which came in my mind and nowhere do I mean to criticise or de-mean someone.
Interesting question the reason lies in the Script , This is common across all languages.

Tamil script has less number of consonants then devnagari so many sounds are overloaded symbol that means people will understand the sound from the context of the word. ( pardon using OO terminology of overloaded here) once people transliterate it to Roman script they tend to use sounds which are present in native script so what is spelled as "Chandrashekhar" elsewhere will be written as "chandrasekar" or "Mahesh" may become "magesh"

This is similar to absence of "va" in Bangla and thats why you will see names with "V" replaced by "B"

Kannada /Telagu and Malayalam have actually more symbols then devnagari ( 2 more vowel sounds) and all the consonents which are there in Nagari but still people in these region write in Roman in manner similar to native Tamil speakers because administration of whole region was from erstwhile Madras presidency and those spellings are popular.

In Hindi there is no zz sound so all the Farsi words such as Izzat are written as Ijjat and spoken as such by people.
Old 24th March 2010, 19:45   #49
BHPian

@tsk13 - The on-road price( excluding discounts and offers) was 4.54 Lakh, and for wagon-r it was around 4.20-4.25 (with additional features of i10sportz). The price mentioned in the previous post was inclusive of the discounts and all. This quote was given by them in October or November I guess! When i checked the prices a few weeks ago, they were more or less the same, but i saw in an ad in THE HINDU showing discounts of 35 K for wagon-r! Might be because they are phasing out the present model.
Old 24th March 2010, 23:58   #50
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Amit.

Freakmuzik, last year it rained discounts on i10. The 34k offer was supposed to be limited period one but even after the expiry the prices were inclusive of discount. Great marketing gimmick to induce sales.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks