Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2010, 15:50   #16
Team-BHP Support

Some how I still think, there is a big market waiting for the 10-15L SUV range, where the Yeti lower end is trying to create. Makers should bring in more SUVs in that range. Although I don't expect model in question to be in that range anyway, but just wanted to express my thoughts.
Old 18th March 2010, 16:12   #17
Senior - BHPian

Amazing pics, I love the shape of the New Sonata. Wish they launch the IX 35 and IX 45 here soon.
Old 18th March 2010, 17:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

I think both the cars to be made locally. It'll help Hyundai to price competetively and at a decent price band.

I feel its time Hyundai and other car companies offer us such great cars at Indian Rates without any taxes attached to them!
Old 19th March 2010, 20:50   #19
Senior - BHPian

My lower jaw just dropped after seeing this brochure
Now, no offense, but the current accord really needs a youthful and daring design. The accord before it, (the 2007 model with LED lights) still looked miles better than the current one. The last pic of the i45 is from the Hyundai Australia site.
Attached Thumbnails
IX 35 (Tucson replacement) and I45 (New Sonata):why Hyundai needs them, NOW-untitled1.jpg  

IX 35 (Tucson replacement) and I45 (New Sonata):why Hyundai needs them, NOW-untitled2.jpg  

IX 35 (Tucson replacement) and I45 (New Sonata):why Hyundai needs them, NOW-untitled3.jpg  

IX 35 (Tucson replacement) and I45 (New Sonata):why Hyundai needs them, NOW-untitled4.jpg  

IX 35 (Tucson replacement) and I45 (New Sonata):why Hyundai needs them, NOW-untitled5.jpg  

IX 35 (Tucson replacement) and I45 (New Sonata):why Hyundai needs them, NOW-untitled6.jpg  

IX 35 (Tucson replacement) and I45 (New Sonata):why Hyundai needs them, NOW-untitled7.jpg  

IX 35 (Tucson replacement) and I45 (New Sonata):why Hyundai needs them, NOW-untitled8.jpg  

IX 35 (Tucson replacement) and I45 (New Sonata):why Hyundai needs them, NOW-untitled9.jpg  

IX 35 (Tucson replacement) and I45 (New Sonata):why Hyundai needs them, NOW-untitled10.jpg  

IX 35 (Tucson replacement) and I45 (New Sonata):why Hyundai needs them, NOW-untitled11.jpg  

IX 35 (Tucson replacement) and I45 (New Sonata):why Hyundai needs them, NOW-untitled12.jpg  

IX 35 (Tucson replacement) and I45 (New Sonata):why Hyundai needs them, NOW-untitled13.jpg  

IX 35 (Tucson replacement) and I45 (New Sonata):why Hyundai needs them, NOW-untitled14.jpg  

IX 35 (Tucson replacement) and I45 (New Sonata):why Hyundai needs them, NOW-untitled15.jpg  

IX 35 (Tucson replacement) and I45 (New Sonata):why Hyundai needs them, NOW-untitled16.jpg  

IX 35 (Tucson replacement) and I45 (New Sonata):why Hyundai needs them, NOW-untitled17.jpg  

IX 35 (Tucson replacement) and I45 (New Sonata):why Hyundai needs them, NOW-untitled18.jpg  

IX 35 (Tucson replacement) and I45 (New Sonata):why Hyundai needs them, NOW-untitled19.jpg  

IX 35 (Tucson replacement) and I45 (New Sonata):why Hyundai needs them, NOW-hmca1250_i45landingpage.jpg  

Old 19th March 2010, 22:30   #20
BHPian

New Sonata = Looks like the outcome of mating a korean brand with a camry
Tucson replacement = Looks like a nike sports show from outside

My opinion though
Old 19th March 2010, 22:40   #21
Team-BHP Support

From the looks of the I45 Sonata, Hyundai are back to copying Jaguar with the rear resembling the Jag XF.
Old 19th March 2010, 23:08   #22
BHPian

OT: Is it just me or do the additional features, quality, size etc in cars in the 15-20 L bracket do not seem the justified for the price rise over 10-12L bracket ?

ex- Fortuner does not feel worth 20L when compared to 10L innova !!

But the tuscon replacement looks promising. New sonata looks too much grill to me, a little tata vista look ?

Last edited by singh.amrit : 19th March 2010 at 23:09.
Old 19th March 2010, 23:14   #23
Senior - BHPian

lol now we know where the Manza got the "Inspiration" from.
this again screams out "Korean" which is not to classy imo.
Old 20th March 2010, 14:37   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai-India needs i45 & i35

Hyundai India desperately needs the i45 & i35 as replacements for Sonata & Tuscon. Hopefully there aren't any capacity constraints for these two vehicles in their TN plant.

The existing vehicles are not doing great in India, & the above replacements can be a good means of comeback in the two segments. Further, dropping the old names would also help in my opinion.
Old 20th March 2010, 15:26   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Hyundai India has lost the plot altogether after Subbu's exit. They had/have some good models in their international lineup that would have worked great in India if they had been marketed/priced correctly.
Old 20th March 2010, 17:36   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
My lower jaw just dropped after seeing this brochure
Now, no offense, but the current accord really needs a youthful and daring design. The accord before it, (the 2007 model with LED lights) still looked miles better than the current one. The last pic of the i45 is from the Hyundai Australia site.
I can just say - wow!
Though some people just can't digest the fact that their 'copycat' moniker bunny Hyundai got the NA COTY with genesis, and are coming up with some real good designs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
Good analysis Sid, but I have my doubts.
Even in an "educated" forum like T-Bhp, I regularly come across comments like "Why should I spend this much for a Hyundai?", "Oh, it's a copy of the XYZ model from ABC, Hyundai just copies from others", "The tyre is just circular like the Ford Model-T " etc etc.
In a country like ours, where people are mostly aware of only certain brands, and have blind faith in those brands, it's difficult for Hyundai to introduce high end cars and succeed.
I definitely agree that the i20 and Verna were right steps and Hyundai has to take it easy. As somebody already mentioned above, what they desperately need is a Verna replacement. The engine (CRDi) is a killer, throw in Airbags and give it a facelift, better interiors and better driving dynamics and you have a winner. There will be no-competition (below 10L) for a car like that.
You are right!

<sarcasm>Yeah, that's really going to work.</sarcasm>
Didn't you know that Hyundai secretly stole dies from big car companies, cut and pasted them in random order, and used them to make their own cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karpusv View Post
New Sonata = Looks like the outcome of mating a korean brand with a camry
Tucson replacement = Looks like a nike sports show from outside

My opinion though
Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
From the looks of the I45 Sonata, Hyundai are back to copying Jaguar with the rear resembling the Jag XF.
Old 11th May 2010, 14:08   #27
BHPian

Guys;
Few more pictures of Hyundai I45.

Launching in singapore i beleive

Source: Singapore Road Tests - Hyundai i45 2.0 GLS (A) 2010 - oneshift.com
Roat test...

Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
IX 35 (Tucson replacement) and I45 (New Sonata):why Hyundai needs them, NOW-i45.jpg  

IX 35 (Tucson replacement) and I45 (New Sonata):why Hyundai needs them, NOW-i45a.jpg  

Old 11th May 2010, 14:51   #28
Senior - BHPian

Mod Note : Please continue the discussion on the Hyundai Sonata Official Review Thread. Thanks

thats one heck of a design.

What is Hyundai India waiting for !

Are these cars coming to India ?

Last edited by GTO : 22nd March 2012 at 15:27. Reason: Adding link to review thread
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks