Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2010, 10:56   #76
BHPian

Thanks GRules. Didn't search before I posted. And your pics look nicer than mine!! So I think I'll not upload my pics.

I was there around 4pm and stayed till about 5.15pm. If we had known and fixed up, we all could have met. Would have been fun.

Warm regards,
Venkat
Old 30th March 2010, 11:02   #77
BHPian

Not really. Toyota Australia basically wanted to position the V6 version a bit higher in their range, and hence the Aurion with the 3.5L V6. The Aurion is based on the Camry albeit with different front and rear end treatments and a higher quality different interior, with of course the main differentiating factor being the 3.5L V6 engine, which is no longer offered in the Camry range.
Old 30th March 2010, 23:22   #78
MAS
Senior - BHPian

I had been to the "show" on Sunday. I was absolutely disappointed with the way Toyota had organized the show. The hall 1 at the Chennai Trade Centre was dark and dull and presented a very gloomy atmosphere. The guys who were supposed to explain "features" of each car suddenly went the Honda way (well, did not bother to even greet people). I guess they were either too tired to communicate or they were of the opinion that everyone visiting the show is a "Team-bhpian" (with enough knowledge to teach them a thing or two)

I was there for about 40 minutes. My aim was to "look" at the Fortuner (yes, i did not get to see it in flesh till date) as i was considering an upgrade from my Corolla. Dad had also carried a cheque book, just in case. (Un)Fortune(ately) the interiors were awkful (to say the least) and seats too small. Overall the front space looked cramped and the Innova kept at the show (with sporty skirting and leather seats) looked VFM. Suddenly, thanks to the Fortuner and the show, the respect for my current Corolla shot up and have decided to retain it for the time being.

Etios was guarded to the teeth. When i told the guys guarding the cars that i have seen pictures where people were allowed to "touch & feel" the Etios, they replied that some people "broke" (???) parts inside the Etios and as it is a concept car they do not have replacements.

About the looks of Etios, like someone already mentioned, the paint job was excellent and so were the alloys. The seats looked like old plastic bucket seats. Etios is equipped with just one wiper, not in the centre like the Uno, but on one side like the Nano.. Why Toyota? Why?

I was also told that the next stop will be Cochin (Kochi), so guys in and around the place, watch out.

Last edited by MAS : 30th March 2010 at 23:29.
Old 31st March 2010, 10:29   #79
BHPian

Toyota Etios twins will take on the Suzuki Swift twins

By Swift twins i mean Swift and Swift Dzire.

Toyota will launch an all-out attack on Suzuki in December 2010 when its second plant in Bidadi, Karnataka will start producing the Etios hatchback and sedan, which will debut internationally in India.

The Toyota Etios will be 10% more fuel efficient than the Suzuki Swift and should be slightly more spacious as well.

Toyota Kirloskar managing director Hiroshi Nakagawa -

The car’s exact price, we expect to be in the range of Swift and Dzire cars. We plan to sell 70,000 units in 2011. Despite lot of features and high quality, Etios will have a localisation level of around 75% initially and then will be increased to 100% in the near future

Toyota will concentrate on the local demand for the first year and from the second year onwards, exports will begin. ASEAN and African regions will see ‘Made in India’ on their Toyota Etioses.

If Toyota have got a very strong contender that is better than the Swift in every imaginable way, then Suzuki’s fitting reply could be in the form of the new gen Swift that is expected to debut at the Paris Motor Show in late 2010.

Toyota-etios-twins-will-take-on-the-suzuki-swift-twins.
Attached Thumbnails
The "All India" Toyota Road Shows Thread-toyota_etios_hatchback.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks